Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2023, 05:47 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
PS Awning extends on its own

2022 Cornerstone.
Last night we parked for the night and extended the pass side slides. When done I noticed the pass side awning was extended. I retracted it. This morning woke up and it was extended again. The only common thing I can think of is that we also used the shades around the same time. Anybody have experience on this. I'm thinking of pulling a fuse or breaker to insure this doesn't happen at a bad time. BTW we rarely use the awning. Can someone tell me where to find a fuse or breaker
Heinrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2023, 06:19 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Try a 12v reboot to reset the Vega Touch computer. Where is your awning remote? Hopefully not somewhere the buttons are being pushed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:52 AM   #3

It sounds like your wind sensor has failed. When it fails backwards, the movement of the coach can tell the awnings to extend rather than retract. If you look in the first bay on the d/s behind the steer axle, you will see the carpeted panel. Behind there are the controllers, if they are plugged into 110 volt outlet you can unplug them. If they are hard wired, you will have to turn off the breaker in the overhead above the driver's seat. Should be in the right side panel. Labeled as awning
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:11 PM   #4

However, the motors that extend the awning on my coach are electrical motors, and the coach disconnects the power to the motors to prevent exactly the same thing from happening (extending). So, you should be protected from deployment while traveling unless that circuit is malfunctioning, someone screwed up a repair, the awning motor and control is plugged into a non-switching duplex, etc.

Now, an awning can move a few inches simply from wind pressure when barreling down the road, but mine (2019 Cornerstone) has never moved beyond an inch or two and that is just due to air pressure exerting a pressure on the awning.
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:22 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Try a 12v reboot to reset the Vega Touch computer. Where is your awning remote? Hopefully not somewhere the buttons are being pushed.
Thanks so much for the comments. This is almost embarassing but the remote comment made me think. Ours is in the holder on the wall in the cooler basement compartment which was standard for CORNERSTONE. There is an empty softside carryon size suitcase stored on top the cooler. It had slid forward and the carry handle was directly against the buttons on the face of the remote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:30 AM   #6

Aaaahhhh... if only all of our repairs were that easy!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:43 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrocket View Post
Thanks so much for the comments. This is almost embarassing but the remote comment made me think. Ours is in the holder on the wall in the cooler basement compartment which was standard for CORNERSTONE. There is an empty softside carryon size suitcase stored on top the cooler. It had slid forward and the carry handle was directly against the buttons on the face of the remote
Nice when the easy things to check first work. More common than most thing.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:53 AM   #8

Rocket

Well it will be wonderful if the handle banging into the remote is the culprit, but I have my concerns that is not it. If you have the handle stored in the little beige bracket on the forward wall of the basement refrig/freezer compartment like mine is and your remote was in the bracket, then I have my doubts that a handle on a suitcase or satchel type bag is going to be able to exert enough pressure on the remote to produce movement. Further, as I say in my post above, the duplex outlets that your awning motors are designed to have the power switched off completely when the cummins is running or you are buzzing down the highway.... regardless of what is pressing the remote, there should be no ability for the awning to self deploy. Now, if this always happens when you are parked, Cummins off, and safely in an RV Park, then I can see what you and Chuck are guessing might happen (but it still seems improbable)(you have to press two buttons in sequence on the remote..... first button to designate 1 or 2 to tell the system which awning you want to move, and second, a button to produce movement in the direction you want.

I'd continue to keep my eyes on your problem long enough that you can convince yourself that the problem has been resolved. Be vigilant! An awning that deploys during travel will require a new awning and those who have had this problem, often end up having to re-paint significant parts of the side of the coach that the awning damages if it gets pulled up and over the coach.

Gary
Old 01-18-2023, 09:13 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Not exactly the same problem, but very similar experience with the shades and window awnings on my 22 Cornerstone. I chased it down to the Vegatouch system, I installed the new software update and it seems to have repaired itself. These 22 Cornerstones are real junk in comparison to the earlier high-end Entegras. I had a 2020 Anthem and it was a much better rig than my 2022 Cornerstone. Very disappointed with my second Entegra, especially since it is supposed to be an upgrade from my prior rig. If 23/24 turn out to be strong years, I'll be in a Newell next or at a minimum a Newmar. Entegra will have to really work hard to retain my business.
Tegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:35 PM   #10

I would suggest finding a small plastic case to enclose remote in. This will protect from unintended operation from the remote.
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 05:59 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I should note that my original post had a typo. We have ac2020 Cornerstone not a 2022. Gary Jones we have had no further incidents since isolating the remote.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:05 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrocket View Post
I should note that my original post had a typo. We have ac2020 Cornerstone not a 2022. Gary Jones we have had no further incidents since isolating the remote.
Love it when the simple fixes work.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-19-2023, 12:17 PM   #13

good to hear. Now check the battery in your remote. If suitcases are operating it, then it is probably.

Also, I am going to go back to your first post and check an issue. My memory was that you were also having trouble with the shade deploying when moving, but I see that this only happened to you while parked, so those motors are energized all the time when Cummins is not turning.

Gary

Tags
awning