Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
Even from the fresh tank to a suction side of the pump? Mine has PEX on the output side of the pump, but there's a short section of vinyl tubing from the tank to the suction side. If I clamped that with some needlenose vice grips it would stop water from going into the fresh tank, if my check valve wasn't working (just as a temporary fix). The vinyl tubing coming from the top of the picture to the tee on the output side of the pump is where the city water comes in.
Even on the suction side. ;-)

I found out from a friend though that on some Entegras (his is a 2016), they did put a "silencing kit" that has garden-hose-ish tubing on both sides of the pump. (Unfortunately it doesn't silence the pump). My 2017 doesn't have that "feature." It would probably help silence the pump to get it off that wall that acts like a drum.

It's maddening that they put the pump--which inevitably fails--in a very inaccessible part of the coach.

Thanks for chiming in, Tap. It was a good thought...
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaldeen View Post

I found out from a friend though that on some Entegras (his is a 2016), they did put a "silencing kit" that has garden-hose-ish tubing on both sides of the pump. (Unfortunately it doesn't silence the pump). My 2017 doesn't have that "feature." It would probably help silence the pump to get it off that wall that acts like a drum.

It's maddening that they put the pump--which inevitably fails--in a very inaccessible part of the coach.

They want a nice clean look vs having it be more accessible for the inevitable service needs.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaldeen View Post

This is due to the simple fact that the engineers do not ask the mechanics/end user of the product how to build it.

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, tank, water