Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Jeff from what AH told me it was mid 2013 on. If you did not receive the letter chances are you have no problem. The bad motors were manufactured in 2013.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #16
rdm

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Robert

Hi Robert
our coach is at Sicard's now.
We forwarded the pumps to Mark and he is installing them for us.
we had a few minor items to be taken care of.
hope to get the coach back shortly.
but will be a bit before we can get on the road.
spring is here and our farm supply business is hectic.
We hope to meet you this summer if possible
take care
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm View Post
Hi Robert
our coach is at Sicard's now.
We forwarded the pumps to Mark and he is installing them for us.
we had a few minor items to be taken care of.
hope to get the coach back shortly.
but will be a bit before we can get on the road.
spring is here and our farm supply business is hectic.
We hope to meet you this summer if possible
take care
Good news that your coach is being taken care of. Let's figure out a time to meet up.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Don, I picked up a WIX fuel filter #33109 at the local auto parts and it is the same as the General that is on my AH. I am guessing the fuel nozzle is going to be an AH only part, but I could be wrong.
Robert,

Roger Burke has the nozzle and filter on his website.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Thanks Don. I'll order them as well as the replacement clamps suggested by Chuck.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #20

I am not familiar with the AH pumps everyone is talking about. How do I know if I need replacements? I have a 2013 Anthem.
rljacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rljacobs View Post
I am not familiar with the AH pumps everyone is talking about. How do I know if I need replacements? I have a 2013 Anthem.
If you did not receive the letter from AH and your AH is still working, your pumps are probably fine. Mine quit the second time I used it. If your AH was built before 6/13 it did not have the motors in question from what AH told me.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Robert,

Have you or anyone else considered changing out their own pumps? Is it that difficult? Received our notice for the pumps as well when we got home but not sure if I want to drive all the way to Sicards to get them changed out. Hmmm.
Don, I would question why you would want to change the pumps yourself when Aqua Hot will pay an Aqua Hot dealer to replace them. In addition I would be concerned that changing the pumps yourself may void your warranty? I had to have my stir pump changed when we were in Bowling Green Ky and Entegra arranged for an Aqua Hot dealer to come to my site and change the pump. It only took about 35 minutes to change with no loss of fluid and he had the proper clamps if needed, by the way he did remove the burner to install the stir pump. Just my thoughts.......Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Don, I picked up a WIX fuel filter #33109 at the local auto parts and it is the same as the General that is on my AH. I am guessing the fuel nozzle is going to be an AH only part, but I could be wrong.
Chuck, Did you cross-ref that WIX filter with the General number? When I tried cross-ref your WIX# to Donaldson (easy filters for me to aquire in my hometown), it crosses to a 25micron spin on fuel filter.
My Aquahot 450D requires a 10micron filter.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I received the WIX number from a couple of different forum members. I bought one, it's the same size is all I can say. I am not that concerned about microns on a simple oil burner furnace with a single spray nozzle. The spray nozzle would be easy enough to clean in an emergency. I am carrying the WIX as a spare and will probably use it when it comes time to change the filter.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:47 AM   #25

Received my pumps yesterday. I only received two? Going to have a dealer install them in case there is another problem. Mine is a 2014 Aspire 42RBQ. Aquahot told me they did not want the old pumps back but to cut the wires so they can't be reused as they are defective?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
Don, I would question why you would want to change the pumps yourself when Aqua Hot will pay an Aqua Hot dealer to replace them. In addition I would be concerned that changing the pumps yourself may void your warranty? I had to have my stir pump changed when we were in Bowling Green Ky and Entegra arranged for an Aqua Hot dealer to come to my site and change the pump. It only took about 35 minutes to change with no loss of fluid and he had the proper clamps if needed, by the way he did remove the burner to install the stir pump. Just my thoughts.......Al
Al,

Having a mobile Aqua Hot tech come out to my site would be my preference but according to Aqua Hot's website a mobile tech is not available in my area. I would have to drive to my dealer and perhaps leave my coach ( not an option as we are full time) to get the pumps changed.

As far as my warranty being void I would have to screw up the install to do that. I have more confidence in my ability to follow simple instructions than to have someone who may or may not be certified to work on an Aqua Hot system, just look at the job Brobox had done on his system when the pumps were changed.

As far as removing the burner to get at the stir pump, this is not a problem as I have to remove it to change out the fuel nozzle anyway.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Al,

As far as my warranty being void I would have to screw up the install to do that. I have more confidence in my ability to follow simple instructions than to have someone who may or may not be certified to work on an Aqua Hot system, just look at the job Brobox had done on his system when the pumps were changed.

As far as removing the burner to get at the stir pump, this is not a problem as I have to remove it to change out the fuel nozzle anyway.
I just watched a mobile service replace the pumps at another forum members coach that is stored at my hanger last night. What a botched job, he must have lost over a gallon or boiler fluid. He had fluid everywhere and did not have the correct fluid with him, so he just left it for the owner to take care of.

If having a mobile service come out, do make sure they at least have the correct fluid with them. After my experience, then seeing this one, I would really be watching close.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:06 AM   #28

Service

I am a certified Traveling Aqua Hot Mobile Service.
And if you use pinch off pliers you should not loose much fluid, plus tricks to the trade. Have change a lot of them.
In the defense of the other installer. Entegra and I believe Winnabago are the only ones using Century Transfer Fluid. I wish everyone used Camco, but they do not.
I am a prodigy of Rick Farquhar and Roger Berke. Worked with both of them after my Certification. And learned a lot. And was so appreciative of all that they had taught me.
I will be in the Pigeon Forge, TN area for June and July of the summer this year, then between Raleigh and Durham NC. till the end of Sept. so if you need services give me a call or go to my web site at www.rvhydronicguy.com
maverickpro2 is offline   Reply With Quote