Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #1

Purchasing a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ

We are purchasing a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ on a Spartan K2 Chassis 450HP. While lurking in the background I have read many posts regarding failed radiators, ball joints and blown engines. We have decided on a used Entegra as our first MH over Tiffin, Newmar etc. After reading these comments I hope we are making a good decision. I was surprised to hear about the issues with the Spartan Chassis's as they were part of our decision to choose this coach. It is being traded in by the current owner as he purchased a new Entegra with a completion date in December.

How prevalent are these issues with Spartan and the Entegra Coach. Any information would be truely appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis
D&D Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #2

Blown engine is very rare. spartan got a bunch of bad radiarorsand have changed suppliers. There have been quite a few replaced but it is still not a large percentage of the chassis. Almost all of the chassis for the last several years are included in the ball joint recall, not very many need replaced but all have to be checked, retightened and thread locker added at Spartans expense. I still think they are the best chassis on the road. All JMHO
Old 08-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Blown engines is not one I have heard of, but the engine has a 5 year Cummins warranty to the original purchaser. Check with Cummins with the engine ser # if there have been any problems and if all the update have been done.

Good Due Diligent on the other items, check to see if they have been completed, the new, new radiators are after 11/15. If a radiator has been changed before that date, deduct for another radiator from your offering price.

If the previous owner has ordered another Entegra, he must have thought the one he had was a good one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Blown engine is very rare. spartan got a bunch of bad radiarorsand have changed suppliers. There have been quite a few replaced but it is still not a large percentage of the chassis. Almost all of the chassis for the last several years are included in the ball joint recall, not very many need replaced but all have to be checked, retightened and thread locker added at Spartans expense. I still think they are the best chassis on the road. All JMHO
Ann n Gene, thank you for the response. Its good to hear that it's not as prevalent as I thought. It seems I was reading the posts of people who were having or had issues with their coaches.

We are very excited and are like kids waiting for Christmas.

Dennis
Old 08-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #5

EnD, I sent you a PM.. [emoji1303]
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Blown engines is not one I have heard of, but the engine has a 5 year Cummins warranty to the original purchaser. Check with Cummins with the engine ser # if there have been any problems and if all the update have been done.

Good Due Diligent on the other items, check to see if they have been completed, the new, new radiators are after 11/15. If a radiator has been changed before that date, deduct for another radiator from your offering price.

If the previous owner has ordered another Entegra, he must have thought the one he had was a good one.
Thank you for the response. I always thought the Spartan Chassis were really good chassis's and will follow up with them on the radiator and ball joint issue.
Our purchase is through a dealer so I will not have contact with the current owner to ask what been done. I also agree that if he ordered a new Entegra then he must have had a good one. I guess it's just the last minute jitters.

Dennis
Old 08-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #7

Dennis... give me a call. 559-381-6000[emoji1303]
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Dennis,

You've heard the saying, buyer beware. You are also smart enough to know that if someone was sufficiently motivated, they would never be a repeat buyer. Somewhere between those two is wisdom.

Entegra makes a good coach...perhaps the quietest, best driving coach on the market. To me, it's the coach that you live with...not the hype.

Was the coach well maintained?....or not? Do the onboard systems work? Will the dealer stand behind it for 30 days? Is there an issue that needs to be addressed before you are willing to dig into your savings to bring into your lives?

In all of my experience, Entegra is the best bang for the buck!...period. Will it be trouble free?.....NO! You're going to have things develop into repairs....not because it's an Entegra, but because it's a Motorhome. You are going to drive your house into a hurricane every single time you go out!!!!! Period!

All that aside, IMHO you stand a better chance of enjoying your RV leisure time with an Entegra Coach than you might with ANY other brand....

PERIOD

Pat
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:38 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnD View Post
Our purchase is through a dealer so I will not have contact with the current owner to ask what been done.

Ask the dealer if the seller is willing to discuss the coach with you. Might be after the sale.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Dennis,

You've heard the saying, buyer beware. You are also smart enough to know that if someone was sufficiently motivated, they would never be a repeat buyer. Somewhere between those two is wisdom.

Entegra makes a good coach...perhaps the quietest, best driving coach on the market. To me, it's the coach that you live with...not the hype.

Was the coach well maintained?....or not? Do the onboard systems work? Will the dealer stand behind it for 30 days? Is there an issue that needs to be addressed before you are willing to dig into your savings to bring into your lives?

In all of my experience, Entegra is the best bang for the buck!...period. Will it be trouble free?.....NO! You're going to have things develop into repairs....not because it's an Entegra, but because it's a Motorhome. You are going to drive your house into a hurricane every single time you go out!!!!! Period!

All that aside, IMHO you stand a better chance of enjoying your RV leisure time with an Entegra Coach than you might with ANY other brand....

PERIOD

Pat
The Entegra reputation is a major reason we decided on this one over the Tiffins and Newmars. I have been reading a lot of posts and comments about the Spartan Chassis and was surprised to hear about a few of the issues. Although Im sure it was only a few in reality. I felt it was better to ask Entegra owners their opinions and to see if these issues were prevalent or not. I believe we made a good choice and we are looking forward to joining the Entegra family.

Dennis
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Ask the dealer if the seller is willing to discuss the coach with you. Might be after the sale.
Good idea, I will reach out to the dealer. Hey, you never know.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #12

We had a 13 Aspire DEQ and loved the coach. Traded up to a 16 Anthem 44B which we like even better mainly due to half bath and 100" couch. Can't beat a Entegra.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We had a '13 Aspire DEQ. It was so badwe went to the '15 Cornerstone. It was so badwe're now in our third last Entegra.After a thorough inspection, take the plunge. You won't regret it.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #14

We had a 13" Aspire DEQ for 5 years and loved it. Minimal problems, great support, lots of compliments on looks. Unfortunately it was totaled in a flood this summer. Upgraded to a cornerstone but would still have Aspire today if not flooded.

Tags
entegra