Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #1

Purchasing large OEM items from Entegra

DW wants a complete dining booth and the new bedroom slider door without the frosted glass.......can we get this from Entegra???

We would make the trip to go get it and install ourselves.
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra's policy has changed a few times over as many months. To get an accurate answer, you would need to call Entegra. What was policy for the last person may not be the same today.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #3

I will call Joyce...... Just a scenario......what if you would have water.....smoke damage and you needed these parts......dealership???? Factory???? Can't get OEM parts from Rv store.......only by Entegra......

Mitch
Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #4

Mitch, as of March 20th the answer I got to the same question was “No.”

The alternative is to contact someone locally who can do the work.

I’ve been in contact with Paul’s RV in Wakarusa. *(574) 862-6778‬

He’s kinda hard to get on the phone.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Our booth was made by Villa, check your couch label to see who made your furniture. The cabinet door can have a new insert made by any local cabinet shop. Entegra "use" to sell matching stain, or it can be mixed to match.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #6

I'll second calling Paul. He can contact Chase Manufacturing in Nappanee who makes Entegra doors. Paul pulled one of our doors had it repaired and installed, he does good work.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #7

Paul does great work, but be persistent, he is not great at returning calls.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 AM   #8

Still would like to know how a coach is repaired to OEM if you have interior cabinets, counter tops, flooring, etc that would be damaged by whatever.........the insurance would say go get it fixed..........but with what and by whom???

I understand Paul is the guy to do the work.......but if coach can not be put back to original.....something wrong there............

THis is just a scenario mind you.......but if you had a small fire inside........does insurance just buy you a new coach and you drive the other one out back for chickens...........there has to be a repair process that is used with OEM parts.

If my boat or snomo or any other vehicle I have owned has damage from accident or act of God.......I sure the heck did not have to find a private entity to make repairs and custom make parts to put it back on the road.......AM I MISSING SOMETHING??????

Mitch
Old 04-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwater4 View Post
I'll second calling Paul. He can contact Chase Manufacturing in Nappanee who makes Entegra doors. Paul pulled one of our doors had it repaired and installed, he does good work.
Mitch
There you go with the door manufacturer or have any cabinet shop remove and rebuilt it. Entegra orders parts for coaches they are building.

To answer your question from what has been posted on the forum....a water damaged coach from Arkansas had to be towed to Entegra for an estimate as there were no local shops qualified to do an estimate. Entegra totaled it.

Upgrades are normally handled outside of Entegra. If you are going to install it yourself anyway, call the manufactures of the products you are looking to purchase.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #10

Just remember...

I think some of us are missing the fact that these coaches are houses on wheels. Yes Entegra built it but it's still a home with craftsmanship and other manufacturers products. Entegra is good for providing design information to fix something or even doing warranty work, but anything we want to add or change that is on us and the good people in this forum on how to do it.
If I have a fire in my S&B I probably won't try to track down the original builder I'll go to the appliance manufacturers to get a new fridge or dishwasher etc. and call a local contractor to do the rest.
Not seeing that our coaches are any different.
To Me owning RV's over the years, just the fact I have someone I can talk to for help or warranty stuff is pretty awesome.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinantholt View Post
I think some of us are missing the fact that these coaches are houses on wheels. Yes Entegra built it but it's still a home with craftsmanship and other manufacturers products. Entegra is good for providing design information to fix something or even doing warranty work, but anything we want to add or change that is on us and the good people in this forum on how to do it.
If I have a fire in my S&B I probably won't try to track down the original builder I'll go to the appliance manufacturers to get a new fridge or dishwasher etc. and call a local contractor to do the rest.
Not seeing that our coaches are any different.
To Me owning RV's over the years, just the fact I have someone I can talk to for help or warranty stuff is pretty awesome.
I understand the point you are making............but since the cabinets and interior counter tops and such are CUSTOM built to fit a certain floor plan....... I would assume that these pieces are pre built by someone and then installed at the factory........as that is what I saw on my factory tour.........Somewhere somehow someone makes the interior furnishings of this coach.....Villa did my seating furniture.......someone made the cabinet components.......the countertops......the tables......the guys on the line are not building it when they put the coach together.

I just want to get my hands on one piece to do a booth.....and it isn't the booth itself.......but Entegra HAS the dinette booth table assembly of that booth sitting in stock to go in a 44W floor plan coach or knows who built it for them......thats all I want to know......The 44W came with a dinette booth option and I know someone at Entegra has it made for them to put in a new coach.

I won't belabor the point of this thread any longer since I have a thought in my head that I nor anyone posting hear can offer a solution.........that is not a problem......I just will have to keep searching to come up with that solution.

Sorry if I am frustrated or have frustrated others.........

Thanks for all your input on this topic

M

Mitch
Old 04-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #12

Purchasing large OEM items from Entegra

I think we have lost sight here of the fact that you can get most if not all OEM parts from Entegra by going through your dealer, if that is your choice. They will also tell you the contact for where they source these parts so you can deal directly with the vendors. It would take longer through Entegra as they receive an order, prepare an order and send it to the vendors. Vendor schedules the order, builds the item, packs and ships it to Jayco parts where it is received, ubvrated, put in Jayco shipping boxes and reshipped, all parts of this take time and you eventually get the parts, provided none of the folks in the process transposed a model or part number and you have my experience of receiving a broken new manual toilet for an Insignia instead of the Cornerstone Electric that was ordered. All JMHO

Tags
ems, entegra