Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2021, 01:05 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quality control and delivery times out of Middlebury

So our NIRVC salesman has reported 2022 Aspire 44B was "pretty much done" on December 23rd, and should "done with QC on 1/5" (with the factory closed between the 12/24 and 1/3, I believe). We've been warned that there have been delays getting sufficient drivers to transport the coaches to the dealers recently, which could result in a delay getting the completed coach on its way to Atlanta.

This will be our first Entegra, and we're wondering if anyone has done a factory tour recently (or is a possessor of other knowledge about Entegra), and could shed some light on exactly how they handle the QC process and what kinds of issues would most likely be missed? Also, does anyone have any recent experience with how long it took their coach to find a driver?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BraskColorCustomization.png
Views:	41
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	352509  
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Alan-
Awesome looking coach! I know it will serve you and your family well. May I suggest you reach out directly to Brett Davis, President of NIRVC with your questions. He usually monitors these discussion boards, so he may reach out to you.

Let us know how it goes

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Alan-
Awesome looking coach! I know it will serve you and your family well. May I suggest you reach out directly to Brett Davis, President of NIRVC with your questions. He usually monitors these discussion boards, so he may reach out to you.

Let us know how it goes

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Thanks, Mike! It's a great idea, but while I think the world of NIRVC and Brett in particular (having watched his videos and read his posts over the years), I'm thinking he has enough on his hands already and ours is truly a "first world" problem/question. LOL Mostly a matter of too much idle time over the holidays with one of the biggest purchases of our life so close to reality we can almost taste it!!!! ;-)
Old 12-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Sit back and relax and enjoy the life that allows you to make this significant of an investment cause you really won’t learn much here! I’ve had 5 Entegras, 4 that were ordered and each one had different issues but no issue was large enough to ruin my funometer! I can say the same thing for the 5 houses we built or remodeled!
Everything is a journey!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Alan-

Let us know how it goes

Be safe

Dr. Mike

That is a beautiful coach! I checked on your coach and it was completed [emoji736] last Thursday. It is at shipping!!!
Our Entegra Rep thinks it should arrive at NIRVC in 2-3 weeks from now. Remember, we still have to do our PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and wash 🧼 her up so she is sparkling for your delivery day!

CONGRATULATIONS [emoji322]!

Angie
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Morell View Post
That is a beautiful coach! I checked on your coach and it was completed [emoji736] last Thursday. It is at shipping!!!
Our Entegra Rep thinks it should arrive at NIRVC in 2-3 weeks from now. Remember, we still have to do our PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and wash 🧼 her up so she is sparkling for your delivery day!

CONGRATULATIONS [emoji322]!

Angie
Thanks, Angie! Does the fact that it's "at shipping" mean that Entegra's QC work is done and it's literally ready for pick up? That's really exciting news if true, because the last we'd heard it wasn't expected to be out of QC until 1/5.

We've watched so many of your videos (some more times than we'd really care to admit), that we feel as though we know you even though we've never met. William Hopkins has taken excellent care of us, and we're well aware it could take some time to get delivered to Atlanta and then for you folks to do your own PDI.

Please pass on our appreciation to Brett and the team for building a company us customers can actually brag about to our RVing friends and neighbors!

--Alan
Old 12-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #7

Alan, even though Amy & I live in Arizona we took delivery of our 2018 Entegra at NIRVC's Atlanta facility. Long story as to how & why, but it kinda-sorta made sense at the time.

Todd Springs (GM at NIRVC Atlanta) and his team took great care of us, and I'm very confident they will take equally good care of you.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:37 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Alan - We also just got the phone call that the coach is finished and waiting for a driver after the new year. We were told that the third week of January was a good guess for our 44B Anthem to make it to NIRVC in Atlanta. The issue is really not one for NIRVC to contemplate but rather Entegra and their driver pool (sans Covid). Hope we meet as we may well be there at the same time.

Figure that NIRVC will need at least 4 or 5 days to cue the coach into PDI after it is received. Also if they spot flaws and parts are not on hand there could be some additional delay. After sitting in the lot at the factory for over a month I expect that things will have been missed. Out of sight, out of mind.
NIRVC has a reputation for a pretty thorough PDI so this will be a good test. I'm bringing blue tape and a flashlight just in case. ;>)

Congrats!

Tom
Old 12-29-2021, 07:47 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Exciting! What color and interior is your Anthem? Who is your salesperson? It would be really cool to meet another new Entegra owner while taking delivery.
Old 12-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No question in our mind NIRVC is (as my adult kids and grandkids would say) "the bomb," "dope," or "sick." LOL Can you tell we're with family this week? I've learned those are all good things. ;-)
Old 12-29-2021, 08:00 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Alan - We are Rally Red exterior with Desert interior. Almond Maple cabinets throughout. Opted for the 100 inch sofa/recliner. Angie made it look so good.

Salesman is Rich Bruno out of Las Vegas. We just happened to be out there at the time and he made a very fair offer. This will be number 11 for us but we are just as excited as if it were the first. Hope we can meet up, if so, see you in Lawrenceville!

Tom
Old 12-29-2021, 08:04 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Excellent! Hope the timing works!
Old 12-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Alan, as Nowabeachbum and others mentioned, now is the time to relax and let the fun begin. DO LET NIRVC take the 2 weeks or longer depending on the amount of deliveries to prep the coach. Their PDI is going to be the best QC. don't rush them so they don't miss anything.
Spend at least 4 days with the coach on NIRVC lot trying everything out. I was fortunate enough to be next to Nowabeachbum on my 19 delivery. It was like having my own private tudor with his knowledge of the newer Entegras with the Vega Touch, etc. I did take advantage of his knowledge and enjoyed every minute of it. Sharing with others there for delivery is well worth the time to be onsite.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #14

Dang, you guys making me nostalgic for our time at NIRVC's Atlanta facility a little over four years ago when we took delivery of our 2018 Cornerstone. Checking the currently available inventory in Atlanta, I see a 2022 American Dream that doesn’t look too bad:

https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/7366

Maybe I can cut a deal on that coach and join the Ring-in-the-New-Year-Motorhome-Delivery-Party at Todd’s Place.

My other motivation is that if I’m not there I know Tom will talk pretty bad about me behind my back…
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality