Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #1

Question about Waste Master sewer system

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to Entegra. I have a 2015 Cornerstone on order that should be ready in a few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone here could share your thoughts on the Waste Master sewer system. Are you happy with it, or has anyone had problems?

Also, I have a specific question. On my current rig, it has the old school bayonet sewer fitting, and I have a bayonet style macerator pump that I use to dump the tanks at my house. Does anyone know if it is easy to convert the cam lock hose to a bayonet fitting so I can continue to use this macerator? Or, if not, does anyone know of a good macerator pump that's compatible with this system?

I appreciate your insights!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

I have a 2015 and never was able to get the system not to dribble a little (a little is too much) where the elbow fits into the ground opening. The cam lock didn't leak, just the pressure fitting where it entered the sewer drain. I wound up amputating the cam lock and attaching a bayonet, which enabled me to use standard extension hoses available everywhere. Inexpensively. The Thetford extension hose was crazy expensive - like $40.

Still not crazy about it. Have to snake the sewer hose out of a cramped opening at an odd angle in front of the rear tires where the hose presses against a sharp piece of steel just waiting to lacerate the hose. Not well thought out or tested at all. I have no doubt it will be refined in the future.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
Cat

I have the waste master system. And have had it for 5-6 years.The older hose was not much better than other hoses available. The new poly chute hose is much better. The reason I bought it was the valve on the end of the hose- the valve keeps the hose from dripping/ leaking into the compartment. Since waste master doesn't sell one I made PVC sleeve that fits over the end that goes into the ground sewer connection- so the system is pretty sealed up when I roll it back up in the compartment. As far as adapters I would call them and ask. They have been very helpfull in the past.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I have the waste master system. And have had it for 5-6 years.The older hose was not much better than other hoses available. The new poly chute hose is much better. The reason I bought it was the valve on the end of the hose- the valve keeps the hose from dripping/ leaking into the compartment. Since waste master doesn't sell one I made PVC sleeve that fits over the end that goes into the ground sewer connection- so the system is pretty sealed up when I roll it back up in the compartment. As far as adapters I would call them and ask. They have been very helpfull in the past.
Can you post some pictures please......
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

How do you snake it through that little cutout hole and in front of the rear tires? Or do you run it out the access door and leave the door open?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Waste master or poly chute does sell a camlock to bayonet fitting . I have one I
keep in the coach for that odd situation when I might need a regular bayonet hose .
I do not have a Cornerstone so my hose system is different from Entegras but I
find the wastemaster product to be good quality although expensive.
Cat , can you elaborate on your pvc adaptor ? I assume your adaptor is to go on the end where the drain hose goes into the sewer hole . That rubber donut, at the sewer end, is the only weak design in the system .
Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Love mine after installing a maceration system. Small hose stores easily in that little compartment, no problems. However, I wouldn't have it if I had to stick with the 3" hose system that came with it.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
Love mine after installing a maceration system. Small hose stores easily in that little compartment, no problems. However, I wouldn't have it if I had to stick with the 3" hose system that came with it.
Would you happen to have a name or internet link to the maceration system you installed?
Old 01-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thetford RV Sanicon works great:

Sani-Con System
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
A question about Poo

For those with the Cornerstone. Does this waste management system take longer to dump than the old fashion stinky slinky?
Does the Cornerstone work well at long term sites where you keep the gray water valve open? Is the system in the Cornerstone substantially different than a macerator system?

What if I added a macerator system like the above mentioned Sani-Com system. It appears that would take longer to dump when you get in a line of RVs.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #12
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phranc View Post
Waste master or poly chute does sell a camlock to bayonet fitting . I have one I
keep in the coach for that odd situation when I might need a regular bayonet hose .
I do not have a Cornerstone so my hose system is different from Entegras but I
find the wastemaster product to be good quality although expensive.
Cat , can you elaborate on your pvc adaptor ? I assume your adaptor is to go on the end where the drain hose goes into the sewer hole . That rubber donut, at the sewer end, is the only weak design in the system .
Yes you are correct the end with the rubber donut. I bought them at home depot. It was a 3" threaded pvc coupling then a 3" pipe pvc cap. I took a small grinder and removed the threads so the rubber donut would slip into the threads but not get stuck in them. Double check the size of the donut but Im pretty sure it was 3". I asked Doug at Waste master why they didnt sell a cap for the end- was told too expensive? But I agree its the best out there and the best chance of keeping you and your compartment clean.If I get chance I'll take a picture of it.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have my choice of 3 systems here

1: Traditional 3" stinky slinky,, The one I'm using just now is 9 years old and came with the RV, strangly it's the longest lasting hose in the bay

(Note all my other 3" hoses, save the next one, have been replaced at least once,, I have several, differnet lengths, and choose the hose that best fits, Here, the original fits to a "T", or at least an elbow)

2: Tethford Smart hose, this is a cam lock system, comes with an adapter so I need make NO modifications to the RV at all,, Just lock it one and use it (it locks on the same elbow as the original starter hose)

3: Flo-Jet portable macerator, used with a 50 foot 3/4 inch BLACK garden hose (Get the color code) I also have a 25 foot GRAY hose (Gray water tank #2 drains via that). by the way.

I can not use the 25 foot hose with the Tetford at this time (may modify later) but can with the Original.

I use this when it's a long way to the dump hole or when the hole is up hill.

Advantages 3": FAST, like 36 gallons in just a couple minutes (or less)

Macerator, I think is around 5GPM

Folks talk about making sure the tank is 2/3 full before dumping (Black tank) so as to get the "WOOSH" effect of all that liquid pushing the semi-soilds down the drain... No WOOSH with the macerator.

What I use depends, clearly on the campsite,, Normally this time of year I'd be using the Tethford and would not be using Gray #2, but due to other issues I am parked the exact length of the original hose from the sewer outlet,, So I am using it,, and due to weather when I arrived, I use the RV's shower, not the parks (In most parks the park shower is larger and I am a big guy,, here,, About the same size with a fixed shower head, mine has a telephone type) So I cleared out half the main bath and use the shower (For other bathroom uses I use the half bath which is elsewhere) Works well and I do not get all hot and sweaty in August walking back to the rig from the park shower.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #14
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
For those with the Cornerstone. Does this waste management system take longer to dump than the old fashion stinky slinky?
Does the Cornerstone work well at long term sites where you keep the gray water valve open? Is the system in the Cornerstone substantially different than a macerator system?

What if I added a macerator system like the above mentioned Sani-Com system. It appears that would take longer to dump when you get in a line of RVs.
The waste master drains just as fast as stinky slinky. The fast drain is one of the nice things about the large hoses. It also evacuates the tank faster so it will pull the waste out more vigorously, the downside is it will not drain uphill and the larger hose -stinky slinky size/waste master size takes more room.