Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 07:14 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Tag dump generally doesn't need to be held down....it releases the Down Force on the tag so there is little scrubbing and it shifts the pivot point to the dual axle.

It releases for 8 seconds and then begins to refill the pressure....so you have time to achieve your turn. You Don't need to hold the button...hit the tag dump and do your turn. If it takes longer than eight seconds hit the tag down again and continue your turn.

Source, Spartan Chassis.

Pat

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 07:23 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a THEORY on why tag air dump is automatic in reverse and not otherwise. I have no facts from engineers to prove it but here it goes....

Could it be that this is to avoid too much weight on the tags if backing up an incline or a sudden incline like a driveway approach? Imagine the tags hitting a 5% grade like the beginning of a driveway and trying to support much of the weight from the drive axle.

IT IS A THEORY.

Of course, that doesn't explain going back down that same incline but maybe the dynamics are a tad different. Just a though.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Tag dump generally doesn't need to be held down....it releases the Down Force on the tag so there is little scrubbing and it shifts the pivot point to the dual axle.

It releases for 8 seconds and then begins to refill the pressure....so you have time to achieve your turn. You Don't need to hold the button...hit the tag dump and do your turn. If it takes longer than eight seconds hit the tag down again and continue your turn.

Source, Spartan Chassis.

Pat

Pat Bauer, President
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
That makes sense. Hadn't thought of it that way before.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
A side note pertaining to Tag dumping in reverse. Before buying an Entegra I had the dealer bring a 2014 42' Aspire to my home to test the model for clearance in my driveway which has a downward slope with an angle change in it. In forward it went in fine with adequate clearances. However, when backing out the Aqua-Hot exhaust pipe and the radiator slightly scrapped.

Well at that point the deal was off. So close but no cigar. I decided to give Ted Cook a call as a last resort. When he found out that I could come in forward ok but could not back out he thought it might help if the Tag dump in reverse was disabled. He called Spartan and had them give the dealer a wiring change to add a temporary switch to disable dumping when I put it in reverse to back out. Dealer brought test coach out again with the switch installed.

Well! Did that ever make a difference. No driveway problem now with clearance when the Tag has air while in reverse. Ted said he had herd of this before and it was worth a try. He also said for me, with my situation, it would probably be fine to permanently leave the Tag reverse dump disabled.

Ted made it possible to put the deal back together and I ordered a 2016 Entegra. As most of you know, the 2016's now come with an "Auto/Off/Man" dump sw. Thank's Ted.

Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post

Source, Spartan Chassis.

Pat

Pat Bauer, President
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
As most of you know, the 2016's now come with an "Auto/Off/Man" dump sw. Thank's Ted.

Pat
The dump on our Freightliner chassis stays on when activated as long as we are below 8 mph. It also came with an Off/Auto/Dump switch.

Tags