Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #29

Well convection oven try #2, was an utter failure.
Tracy tried to help it this time, so she preheated it to 350. Just barely made 350 before E23 timeout. Put food in and set final temp of 400, instead of 425 last night. After roughly 30 minutes it failed out again, E23, failed to preheat in max allotted time.
In 30 minutes it couldn't go from 350 to 400.
Needless to say I won't repeat Tracy's choice words.

So tonight we ran the microwave for more than 60 minutes for a normal 30 minute recipe. Food was edible, but didn't have to worry about burning our mouths. We'll see how dealer wants to handle it in the morning.

Steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that Steve. A few have been lucky and had the Samsung replaced with a Whirlpool. However, I don't know if they will do that on an Aspire. I wasn't fortunate to get mine covered under warranty, but at that point, I didn't care, I had had it with Samsung excuses. That "average" heat thing did it for us. I hope you have a dealer that will go to bat for you.

I can hear Samsung now, "we will replace the control board". 3 months later maybe sooner, it will do the same thing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We are getting ready to replace all of the appliances in our S&B...guess which brand we will not even consider.
Good choice. We replaced all our s&b appliances with Samsung because we thought they were supposed to be good quality. Problems with every one of them within first year.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
Well replacing thermostat didn't fix our floor heat issue. So its somewhere in the wiring. thermostat calling for heat, and if we jump wires at the aqua hot it will run. So we're losing run signal somewhere inbetween.

Going to stop at dealer on way out of town tomorrow and see if they can find a loose wire on roof. If no wires loose we may have to run a new wire from thermostat to AC, to aqua hot.

If that is needed we will probably wait til out next trip. Have family committments this weekend, so we can't sit at dealer for a full day or two while they chase wires.

Good thing is, if we were going to have an issue, zone 2 is the least disrupting.

Steve

Not sure if this is 100% current but here's the basic wiring diagram: http://old.rvcomfort.com/rvp/pdf_documents/1976659.pdf

Looks to me like the gas heat control wiring is independent and goes directly to the Aquahot. Doubt it passes thru the AC units on the roof. Have tech look at the terminations of the wiring at the Aquahot. Had a similar problem on my 2013 where they had tightened the terminal block screw of one of the wires onto the wire insulation instead of the stripped conductor. Or look for a bad pin in the 9 pin Molex connector behind the thermostat.

Good luck!
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:56 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
Good choice. We replaced all our s&b appliances with Samsung because we thought they were supposed to be good quality. Problems with every one of them within first year.
Thank you for that information, just about what I thought with the Microwave problems. The cheap Micorwave(s) and their terrible customer service turned me off for life with any of their appliances.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #34

Rob, you were right it doesn't go to ac. Though it did go up out of bath. Since our bath sits almost on top of aqua hot, no idea where its going.

We had power on back side of molex, but no power down at relay? Next to aqua hot. I wasn't with tech when he got back in basement, so I'm not exactly sure which relay it is. I assume it splits signal to both ac and aqua hot when heat is needed.

Tech is at the point of running new wire. We had to leave due to family committments, so I will continue to chase it myself, and or let the factory or dealer deal with it next month. If it was zone 1 or 3 I would have stayed. We can live with a few cold spots on floor for a while. Not a show stopper for us.

Steve
Old 11-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #35

We also left microwave issue partially unresolved.

They talked about replacing it with another samsung and trying to get a whirlpool replacement.

Not sure if I will hear anymore for a few days.

For us we made it clear that the microwave was much more important than zone 2 heat.

I'll post any updates, as I find something out.

THANKS EVERYONE who responded on this thread !!

Steve
Old 12-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #36

Update: It took a while but we just received the Whirlpool replacement for the piece of junk Samsung microwave.

Now I just have to get someone to help me with the change out. It appears heavier than I expected.

CS warned me the exhaust vent won't line up and suggested that I fabricate a little duct work out of foil seem tape. CS talked about how the exhaust location on the Whirlpool was maybe half a diameter off the exhaust location on the Samsung.

Anyone replace the Samsung with a Whirlpool? Is it necessary to fab something?

Steve
Old 12-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Steve,

Are you really tall (to hit your head on the bed overhead cabinet)? I'm 6' 1" and haven't put bumps on my head yet. Maybe I've just been lucky. I guess you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Congratulations on your new coach. I took delivery of mine 2/1/16 and have put over 16K miles on it. We love our motorhome.

I have discontinued use of the macerator after the hose sprung a leak. Got it fixed but switched to gravity feed.
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #38

Nope not too tall 6' even. However I guess I was sitting up too straight as I slid up the bed. Hit my head something like 3 out of the first 5 times.

Then finally I learned. Haven't hit my head since.

Part of my problem was our last coach the overheads weren't nearly as deep, so I developed a habit that had to be broken. Somewhat literally. LOL

Definitely loving it so far, even with the usual shakedown issues.

And yes... gravity drain! Reading all the horror stories on here and seeing the violence of the slinky under pressure, was enough for me.

Steve