Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #1

Questions so Far on New Aspire

We've stayed in the coach two nights now and have a few questions, concerns.

1. We have a fireplace gremlin, fireplace turned itself on in the middle of the night. Unless we're missing something, neither us or our tech have any idea how, why, it turned on.

2. How long does dishwasher run? It ran for at least 3 hours last night and was still running when we went to bed.

3. Macerator only toilets. Shame on me for not realizing that our only toilet in a DEQ is a macerator, even though it sits almost on top of wet bay.
So question is are we really limited to the 1-ply TP in our new coach? And or get to learn the internal workings of the toilet

4. Finally how long does it take before I stop hitting my head on the bed overhead?: they are so much deeper than our last rv, and the nightstand depth adds to the issue of getting to the pillow. I know, I know, user error.

Obviously, we are greatly enjoying the nrw coach if yhese are our only issues so far.

Steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
We've stayed in the coach two nights now and have a few questions, concerns.

1. We have a fireplace gremlin, fireplace turned itself on in the middle of the night. Unless we're missing something, neither us or our tech have any idea how, why, it turned on.

2. How long does dishwasher run? It ran for at least 3 hours last night and was still running when we went to bed.

3. Macerator only toilets. Shame on me for not realizing that our only toilet in a DEQ is a macerator, even though it sits almost on top of wet bay.
So question is are we really limited to the 1-ply TP in our new coach? And or get to learn the internal workings of the toilet

4. Finally how long does it take before I stop hitting my head on the bed overhead?: they are so much deeper than our last rv, and the nightstand depth adds to the issue of getting to the pillow. I know, I know, user error.

Obviously, we are greatly enjoying the nrw coach if yhese are our only issues so far.

Steve
Steve,

The dishwasher on a Normal cycle will run a long time. We found that Fast and Eco gives very satisfactory cleaning results and the wash is done in about 30 minutes. There is a fan that blows for a while after but if you open the drawer and leave it open the fan will stop.

You are not limited to 1 ply tissue. We use 2 ply Angel Soft from Walmart and it works great in any RV toilet. To test TP put 2 squares in a jar of water and give a few shakes. If the TP breaks up it is fine for RV tanks and toilets.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #3

Thanks Don, yeah I've that test before, but Tech at check out said that anything other than 1ply will clog the macerator toilet blades.

You can imagine how the wife handled that.

So you've been using the 2ply through a macerator toilet?

Steve
Old 11-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

Don, almost forgot, thanks on dishwasher. Yeah it was the fan that seem to run forever. Also did normal cycle so that didn't help either.

Steve
Old 11-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Don, yeah I've that test before, but Tech at check out said that anything other than 1ply will clog the macerator toilet blades.

You can imagine how the wife handled that.

So you've been using the 2ply through a macerator toilet?

Steve
Steve,

Yes, we have been using the 2 ply on the macerated toilet for 2.5 years with no problems.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on 2 ply - but do the test....
Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We normally use Costco Kirkland TP, it does past the jar test. We have had no problem in our Macerator in 2 years.

The fireplace gremlins must be something included with the new models, I haven't seen any on the Classics.

Enjoy the new ride
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the Tecma Macerator toilet (only toilet in this coach). We use Charmin Ultra Soft 2 ply and it handles it just fine.

The negative on the Macerator toilets is they do use more water and you will generally fill your BW tank more quickly than with standard RV toilets. Not an issue on full hook up but, at least for us, boondocking requires special 'flush strategies'.

On full hook up with normal flushing after every use, our 65 gallon tank will fill in two days.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
New model macerator toilets have two flush modes, one for low water use.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #10

Thanks everyone !

Tracys says if I drive her to wally world tomorrow am, we can stay married.

Yes, found that boondocking is going to be issue, two nights and one and half day black level at 75%, so got to use new turbo macerator...let's just say it worked fine, but I see the obvious engineering issues with it. This shake trip may be last time I use the macerator.

Oh, we already threw our first E23 error (failed to preheat) on samsung microwave.
Reset breaker and finished cooking, it just didn't work right, food was all dried out before it was cooked.

Really not sure why Aspire owners are the only ones blessed with this thing.

Finally, convection oven set off smoke detector directly in front of it.

But all in all we have mostly permanment smiles.

Steve
Old 11-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Oh, we already threw our first E23 error (failed to preheat) on samsung microwave.
Reset breaker and finished cooking, it just didn't work right, food was all dried out before it was cooked.

Really not sure why Aspire owners are the only ones blessed with this thing.

Finally, convection oven set off smoke detector directly in front of it.

But all in all we have mostly permanment smiles.

Steve
I finally got fed up with never knowing how the Samsung was going to cook. Half the time eveything was raw in the center. I finally had the second one donated and replaced it with a Whirlpool on our PDI.

If your smoke alarm is going off, make sure your vent on the outside for the microwave is open. They have a habit of painting those shut. You can leave it unlatched, they don't rattle while traveling.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
New model macerator toilets have two flush modes, one for low water use.
Mine has that but even with the low water flush, the thing will fill the tank much more quickly than in our previous coach with a non-macerator toilet.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #13

There is a timer on the fireplace. Probably for safety reasons. It is the hourglass button on the controller. X2 on Costco and Kirkland TP - works great and no issues at all.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #14

Chuck, I can definitely see why you and others are replacing them. I had hoped for the best, but prepared for it to let me down.

Kind of like test drive, new guy at dealer was trying to talk me out of test drive since I drove one before. Of course same guy claimed he had never heard of any steering issues.

After he walked away, tech just smiled and said he knew about it, and agreed this is basically last year's Anthem front end. He did say many buyers never test drive, but totally agreed about not personally buying anything without one.

Thanks on reminder on vent latch, read about it here, but didn't discuss at buy off.

Steve