Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Jeanne, thank you for bring that post back up. I have had some intermittent coolant loss and totally forgot about the EGR.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2018, 06:51 PM   #16

Cold temps can also cause leaks around hoses. Might pay to check your hose clamps.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #17

Nor'easters Club
You may also want to check the coolant pipe, 3/4inch , 12 ...16 inch long...that exits the top manifold and enters the block mid engine, drivers side of engine. Visible with bathroom access hatch removed. I had a slow leak, but the coolant evaporated on the block before reaching the ground... leaking at the crimps holding a flexible pipe section at a bend.
Cummins Rocky Mountain had 3 of them in stock!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
You may also want to check the coolant pipe, 3/4inch , 12 ...16 inch long...that exits the top manifold and enters the block mid engine, drivers side of engine. Visible with bathroom access hatch removed. I had a slow leak, but the coolant evaporated on the block before reaching the ground... leaking at the crimps holding a flexible pipe section at a bend.
Cummins Rocky Mountain had 3 of them in stock!
That would be the first place I would look since they stock the parts. Especially 3 of them..! Second would be the clamps and third, the suspect EGR cooler.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
We are on way back to Alabama and we definitely have a leak. Added F/C this morning because none in the glass. Stopped at a rest area and took this picture. Red still in the site glass, but might not be for long. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4554.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	187845
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We are on way back to Alabama and we definitely have a leak. Added F/C this morning because none in the glass. Stopped at a rest area and took this picture. Red still in the site glass, but might not be for long. Attachment 187845
Ok, so ours showed up in Alabama as well! I think I see a pattern developing.

Hope we both have simple fixes! Good Luck.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I'm not sure if Spartan will cover it since they have already covered it once. We will see .... I just may have to purchase stock in Final Charge and plan on adding it every day we are on the road for awhile.

As I posted on my radiator thread, one year out of Spartan warrantee and 25,000+ miles they would touch it. Cost us $3600. Even though it was our first time for the radiator.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
As I posted on my radiator thread, one year out of Spartan warrantee and 25,000+ miles they would touch it. Cost us $3600. Even though it was our first time for the radiator.

That’s what I’m afraid of as well. I’ll deal with it on Monday. I have to replace my front ac unit as well on my own dime. Guess there really is a reason to get a new one every two years! But, I’m sticking with my “classic”.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
What is the warranty period on the radiator? Is that Spartan and Chassis or Cummins?

It is at the shop and they will probably not look at it till late next week, he had 6 coaches in the parking lot ahead of me.

What does a radiator cost for one of these I was estimating 5K for the whole ordeal but if you got it done for $3600 I may be high...
Old 01-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
The radiator is Spartan with a 2 year warranty. I think it's criminal knowing it's a defective product not to cover it. It would really hurt Spartan if enough complaints were filed that a recall was issued for all radiator in those defective years.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The radiator is Spartan with a 2 year warranty. I think it's criminal knowing it's a defective product not to cover it. It would really hurt Spartan if enough complaints were filed that a recall was issued for all radiator in those defective years.
Chuck what years had the defective radiators?

I assume it is going to be the radiator, I looked over all the connections. It will be worth the phone call to see if I can get them to cover something. However, I am nearly 4 years in operation and just crossed 50k miles on this last trip.

So in one way I am lucky it lasted this long.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #26

For over a year now every time I travel more than 500 miles, I lose about 1/4+-a cup of coolant. Spartan had me take it to a Cummins/Spartan care center in Harrisburg. They tested the radiator but found no leak. This has been continual, and each time I have to add coolant, Spartan tells me to keep watch but nothing can be done without a leak. Today low and behold after a long drive the leak appears only when the coach is turned off. Spartan explains it as a seam leak which expands and contracts. It is nice to know why and that they are going to reimbursement for previous testing. However this is the second new radiator in this coach and my last coach had one replaced. I now understand why but do not understand why it can not be corrected.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #27

Lynn I thought all your A/C unit needed was the squirrel cage fan.
I would talk to Scott Wixson at Spartan about the radiator. Ph 517 543-6400 Ext 3272.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Lynn I thought all your A/C unit needed was the squirrel cage fan.
I would talk to Scott Wixson at Spartan about the radiator. Ph 517 543-6400 Ext 3272.
Thanks for Scott's name ... I used to talk to Charlie at Spartan all the time, but understand he is no longer there. I'm not exactly sure what the A/C is needing - I'm taking it to Cherokee Farms on Monday for them to take a look and let me know. Then I'm going over to Foley RV & Auto (Spartan shop) and have them look at the radiator. As soon as I got home tonight I put a bucket under the drip to see how much final charge leaked out while it was cooling off ... Wow ... standing at 1 cup right now and still leaking quickly! No longer have any in the site glass .... Oh well ... will find out what all this is going to cost me next week.

Tags
radiator