Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Radiator Failure 2014 Anthem

Well, my time finally arrived. Came in from trip and backed into coach house, when I went back out the next morning I found the dreaded red puddle. Further examination shows the damp stain at the lower rear core bulkhead connection.
Mine has lasted longer than others in my date range (2014), mileage 35813. One factor may be cycles since when I fire up it is usually 350-500 miles before shutdown.
Called Cabin Diesel and have scheduled install for June 15. Radiator shipped from Spartan Charlotte today so should arrive in plenty of time. Hopefully they have this vendor thing worked out by now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator2.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	204909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator3.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	204910  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mileage.pdf (101.9 KB, 19 views)
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #2

Sorry guys. I just went through this myself. Mine started as a very slow drip and got worse over about 5,000 miles. I was able to squeak in the 3-year warranty time frame. Is Spartan stepping to the plate and covering anything? Good luck with the repair. You'll be back on the road in no time!
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #3

Yep... been there done that... your symptoms are spot on ... takes to about 30 ish thousand miles then boom...
your clearly outta your 3 year... which sucks...
Just as I keep saying with these model years on this faulty radiator itís not a matter of if but when..
Good luck
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #4

Jerry

Im sorry to read of your problem... but it is classic and your symptoms are classic. Many of us can relate.... and some multipe times. Tell them to take it out from the bottom....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I am hopeful that I will only go through this one time. Sure is impacting travel plans.
On the bright side, it waited until we were home before it leaked. Thanks for the responses. Will advise outcome.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

Just before heading out last month I noticed during pre-trip being down almost 2 quarts of antifreeze. I could not find any spots on the shop floor or mostiure at the base of the radiator. Got to our destination almost 1500 miles away and it was low again. Only about 1/2 quart this time. On the trip home, when we would shut down for the night, it would drip until the engine/radiator would cool. The trip home used the remaining 1 1/2 quart of the original gallon I purchased to get home.

Now got to get the appointment scheduled with authorized Spartan dealer to get resolved. Is there much of a wait on getting the parts? We are home now but heading back out in a few weeks. Hopeing this not one of those fixes that will keep in the coach in the shop for weeks.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We just had ours replaced by a local truck shop. Spartan sent them the radiator within a week.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
Just before heading out last month I noticed during pre-trip being down almost 2 quarts of antifreeze. I could not find any spots on the shop floor or mostiure at the base of the radiator. Got to our destination almost 1500 miles away and it was low again. Only about 1/2 quart this time. On the trip home, when we would shut down for the night, it would drip until the engine/radiator would cool. The trip home used the remaining 1 1/2 quart of the original gallon I purchased to get home.

Now got to get the appointment scheduled with authorized Spartan dealer to get resolved. Is there much of a wait on getting the parts? We are home now but heading back out in a few weeks. Hopeing this not one of those fixes that will keep in the coach in the shop for weeks.
You will need to contact Spartan and they will tell you where to take it to get the pictures they need. Once they get the pictures and access that it is indeed the radiator, they will send out the radiator and it only takes a day and a half to install. Been there ... done that ... twice!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #9

Be sure to check your expansion tank for rust and if so have them replace it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_170005.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	205924
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, radiator