Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2023, 08:22 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We purchased the NavNGo SD card from Riverpark in December of 2022. We wanted to be able to update and to continue to use the in-dash GPS, the overhead TV and have future updates.

What we initially found was that Riverpark, other than selling you the SD card as a replacement for the RM wasn't knowledgeable on the software itself. They did put me in touch with Xite support. I deal with them exclusively now for issues pertaining to the software. They are super helpful.

One issue initially was connecting the GPS to a wifi source. With RM you connect to a wifi thru the RM app on the Xite infotainment center. Working with Xite we re-flashed the G3 Core Module and the wifi connection is now in the settings menu.
What I have learned using RM and NavNgo is the success in using these programs is all in the settings.

The NavNGo program uses "Here" maps, the same as RV Trip Wizard. There has been some concern at not being able to download an entire planned trip. My work around was to plan the entire trip on RV Trip Wizard, then enter a daily input into the NavNGo. Since circumstances change on a 2000 mile trip I found it easier to make changes on input. Sort of like programming an INS before every flight. We connected our iPhone to the Xite for a wifi source. This allows us infinite POI's, weather and road hazards. Because now your gps is connected to the internet.

Some features that I have found very useful with this program:

-Designate Max Speed - When you are on an Interstate and the max speed 75 your max speed on GPS is your setting (we use 62mph). It is used for calculating arrival times etc. Not the 75 mph.
- Live traffic - While leaving Foley, AL and traveling to Biloxi, MS the route is usually I-10 from Foley to Biloxi, simple enough. But the routing took me off I-10 at US 98 to ALT US 90 to I-165 to I-65 then back to I-10. When checking the traffic warnings on the NavNGo it said "Indefinite Delay" at the Tunnel in Mobile. In settings you have a choice of the type of vehicle. I chose to create my own RV with all the weights and measures to be the same as a truck. Therefore I have confidence the any detours will not get me into trouble.
- Navigation screen settings. Bottom left corner "Distance to Destination, Arrival Time and Travel Time to Destination" , all customizable.

These are just a few features that I found helpful. There are many more. Although I consider myself literate on using a GPS, I found that starting off using the manual to be very helpful. I had to wipe my hard drive (brain) and relearn. In doing so I now have a viable alternative to RM.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2023, 02:23 AM   #58

Thanks for the great information. Could you please share the contact info for xcite support?
Jon 2019 Anthem F
Lundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 06:11 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Bryan, Thank you for the positive report. At least the rumor of changing over the Rand McNally to the new system is not $1,100. as first reported. I Googled NavNGo and there is a lot of information on it. For $250. it's worth trying it to see if a person likes it. Nice that it has live traffic support. After using Waze, that has become a must for me.
I searched YouTube, NavNGo, there are a few "how to use video's. I will try to educate myself on the system today. If nothing else, at least have a working GPS in the dash again. Thank you for sharing your experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 12:34 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
That was disappointing: all of the NavNGo videos were in foreign languages, or no language at all, but foreign icons. From what little I was able to see, I can see where it would might be a steep learning curve.

Also saw that the streets were hard to read on the videos I was able to see.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:02 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bryan, Thank you for the positive report. At least the rumor of changing over the Rand McNally to the new system is not $1,100. as first reported. I Googled NavNGo and there is a lot of information on it. For $250. it's worth trying it to see if a person likes it. Nice that it has live traffic support. After using Waze, that has become a must for me.
I searched YouTube, NavNGo, there are a few "how to use video's. I will try to educate myself on the system today. If nothing else, at least have a working GPS in the dash again. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Chuck, those were my thoughts exactly. The $250 expense was worth it to have in dash GPS. Here is a link to the Xite information. https://xsna.ca Click on the support tab there you can then download the the NavNGo manual and infotainment manuals for your coach.

If you have a G3 2016-2020 you will have to move the wifi connection to the setup menu. This is done by re-flashing the G3 module. Sounds high tech but very simple. Riverpark didn't know that this had to be done because I had a G3 module. With the G4 you don't have to do this step. The wifi connection is already in the setup menu. Basically they send you a file that you download to a thumb drive and insert it into the USB connection on the G3 and it automatically updates, and wifi connection is moved.

In using the manual it has the settings for the GPS, but there are sub menus to explore on the GPS that fine tune all the settings. My suggestion is to play with the settings and read the manual (hard for guys). That is the part about wiping your hard (drive).
Old 05-08-2023, 10:23 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Bryan,
I found something really interesting in one of the links you shared https://xsna.ca/xsg4na-10%e2%80%9d.html. Right at the top of the page is River Park and this featured below. It is available, now the question is why is it not being installed in Entegra?

Old 05-12-2023, 08:20 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bryan,
I found something really interesting in one of the links you shared https://xsna.ca/xsg4na-10%e2%80%9d.html. Right at the top of the page is River Park and this featured below. It is available, now the question is why is it not being installed in Entegra?

Good question, maybe someone should ask it at homecoming.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:43 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man49 View Post
Good question, maybe someone should ask it at homecoming.
A couple of us have been asking, why not Android Auto or Apple Car Play since we purchased our 19's with the digital dash. What was really a shock, was the 21 with a bankrupt and discontinued Rand McNally installed.