Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2021, 04:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thought the same thing while I was reading it. I am glad I was able to mirror Waze on the over head TV. Thankfully Google Maps are updated daily and with a paper map, I'm good to go.
Also though about new coach owners. On my 19 the RM would not work until the cards was updated. The 21 has worked locally so far...
So, their website seems to be up and running. What device do we have in '19 Anthem for downloading map updates? thanks
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
There should be a SD Card in the Infotainment Center head unit (under the panel on the passenger side of the dash). You should be able to remove the SD card, place it in a PC and run Rand McNally "Dock" to upgrade the card and its content.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:39 PM   #17

Bill

The SD card is hard to see and find. It is in the front side bottom corner of the metal "brains" right under the faux wood panel in front of the passenger seat. You need an SD slot in the computer or an adapter that adapts from an SD slot to a USB plug that then plugs into most computers. They are available on AMAZON for not a lot of money. SD to USM adapter. The download process in the past has been a piece of cake and I do the download via the "Dock" software before each major trip.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Bill

The SD card is hard to see and find. It is in the front side bottom corner of the metal "brains" right under the faux wood panel in front of the passenger seat. You need an SD slot in the computer or an adapter that adapts from an SD slot to a USB plug that then plugs into most computers. They are available on AMAZON for not a lot of money. SD to USM adapter. The download process in the past has been a piece of cake and I do the download via the "Dock" software before each major trip.

Gary
Is there a particular gps system we all have?
Old 01-23-2021, 05:17 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
At least on our 16 and 21, Rand McNally as mentioned.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:42 AM   #20

Everybody since about 13 at least has the same in-dash GPS system, and they are all made/branded by Rand-McNally and all fundamentally work the same I travel for 3 months twice a year and always update the maps a few days before we depart home.

Mine works great and has worked great since my first unit in 2014..... there was one big problem with the maps becoming tii big to store on the OEM SD card about 2015, and needing to get bigger SD cards from RM, but since then, mine has been bulletproof.

Gary
Old 01-23-2021, 07:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Everybody since about 13 at least has the same in-dash GPS system, and they are all made/branded by Rand-McNally and all fundamentally work the same I travel for 3 months twice a year and always update the maps a few days before we depart home.

Mine works great and has worked great since my first unit in 2014..... there was one big problem with the maps becoming tii big to store on the OEM SD card about 2015, and needing to get bigger SD cards from RM, but since then, mine has been bulletproof.

Gary
Thanks Gary, they seem to want you to know a model. I don't have my coach near by now.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.52.49 AM.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	315494
Old 01-23-2021, 07:06 AM   #22

All of them are part of an infotainment center which is named something like Insite.... I'll try to find the manual, but all of the GPS sections of that infotainment center are made by RM.

Gary
Old 01-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
Thanks Gary, they seem to want you to know a model. I don't have my coach near by now.
Attachment 315494
Here's a link (https://www.randmcnally.com/support/s/dock-software) to the website that will allow you to download the Rand McNally Dock software that, once installed on a computer, will allow you to update the maps.

The navigation system installed in my '18 Anthem is contained in the XITE XSG3NA-MB9 Infotainment Center provided by River Park, Inc.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #24

Stu has it all correct.... his memory is better than mine, obviously.

Gary
Old 01-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Bill

Gary
I agree with Gary's assessment regarding accessibility of the SD card. To make the removal/replacement easier, I installed this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD extender annotated_.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	315513

Available from a variety of sources: SD Card Extension Cable. ~$10

Some have suggested that River Park advises against using one. I've use one for several years without any difficulty.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Here's a link (https://www.randmcnally.com/support/s/dock-software) to the website that will allow you to download the Rand McNally Dock software that, once installed on a computer, will allow you to update the maps.

The navigation system installed in my '18 Anthem is contained in the XITE XSG3NA-MB9 Infotainment Center provided by River Park, Inc.

Take care,
Stu
.......Thanks Stu!
Old 02-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #27

So, I was poking around looking for the SD card. Couldn't see it. Is it located in the Infotainment box?
Old 02-02-2021, 11:13 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
So, I was poking around looking for the SD card. Couldn't see it. Is it located in the Infotainment box?
On my 2016 Cornerstone it’s located on the dash in the radio. Push button as if you were going to put in a cd/dvd. You can look/feel around edge and you will find card. Push in on card and it will,come out
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote