Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2021, 08:15 AM   #43

Thanks Brian, just wasn't sure if this was most current rev.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Comparing SD cards. The map and updates on the SD card in the 19 was over 45 minutes. The SD card in the 21 had a date on it of 2020. It took 7 minutes for the map and updates on the newer card. Judging from the two, any cards before 2020 are seriously outdated.
Also there was no file needing to be deleted to load the card.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Comparing SD cards. The map and updates on the SD card in the 19 was over 45 minutes. The SD card in the 21 had a date on it of 2020. It took 7 minutes for the map and updates on the newer card. Judging from the two, any cards before 2020 are seriously outdated.
Also there was no file needing to be deleted to load the card.
Question:

Do you think it is just a matter of getting a bigger, faster SD card then copying all the files from old SD card, then going forward with that configuration? I read somewhere the map files are a lot bigger these days.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
Question:

Do you think it is just a matter of getting a bigger, faster SD card then copying all the files from old SD card, then going forward with that configuration? I read somewhere the map files are a lot bigger these days.
Hi Bill,

That probably won't work. It's likely that the original SD card is digitally matched to your specific Xite device in such a way that simply copying the files to a new SD card won't work. The Xite will likely not recognize the new SD card. Just my opinion, based on a rudimentary understanding of software duplication issues.

If the map update is too large for the SD card that River Park provided, a call to them should result in them shipping you an appropriately sized card.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #47

Thanks Stu, Saved me from myself.

Bill
Old 02-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Probably wouldn't hurt to try. I just don't think it would work. You might be able to create an image of the original SD card onto a new SD card. Still, I'd be surprised if that worked.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Stu, you are correct, the SD cards cannot be copied, I tried. During RM down time with Dock, they apparently cleaned up the program, much faster, also the new dated Feb 2020 SD card.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
...also the new dated Feb 2020 SD card.
Hi Chuck,

I can't remember the last time that my late in the production year '18 Anthem has received an RM update. I used to update before each time we departed on any extended trip and then regularly as we traveled. Almost always saw an update; typically road construction. Now, for as long as I can remember, the Dock shows everything up to date. I even deleted the navi.cfg file with no update.

Getting ready to depart for about 6 weeks and would like to see an update.

Is the "new dated Feb 2020 SD card" the original card issued in your '21 Cornerstone?

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-07-2021, 05:28 AM   #51

Stu

Some vintages of RM will not update. My (very early 19) would not update map files and always showed me that my maps were current. It was not until I read that I needed to delete a file (mentioned above in this thread .... navi.cfg) to enable the maps to update. As soon as I pulled the SD card and deleted that file, my maps now update every time I plug into the DOC program. Chuck said that he did not need to delete the file in his 21, but I definitely needed to delete that file on my 19. It was essential to get the updates.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Chuck,

I can't remember the last time that my late in the production year '18 Anthem has received an RM update. I used to update before each time we departed on any extended trip and then regularly as we traveled. Almost always saw an update; typically road construction. Now, for as long as I can remember, the Dock shows everything up to date. I even deleted the navi.cfg file with no update.

Getting ready to depart for about 6 weeks and would like to see an update.

Is the "new dated Feb 2020 SD card" the original card issued in your '21 Cornerstone?

Take care,
Stu
Stu,
My 21 went into production Mar 20 The SD had to be their latest with a date printed on the label of Feb 2020. First I remember seeing that on any of the previous SD cards. Just looked at the photo linked in post #19 of my 19 card, no date

RM was a victim of a ransomware hack last year. The were down for awhile rebuilding the computer system. It looks like they may have made some changes to the Dock software as it sure updated and loaded smoother. Maybe because of the brand new SD card

It will be interesting to see what Dock does with older cards if it will be a complete update which may take longer.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:55 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Stu

Some vintages of RM will not update. My (very early 19) would not update map files and always showed me that my maps were current. It was not until I read that I needed to delete a file (mentioned above in this thread .... navi.cfg) to enable the maps to update. As soon as I pulled the SD card and deleted that file, my maps now update every time I plug into the DOC program. Chuck said that he did not need to delete the file in his 21, but I definitely needed to delete that file on my 19. It was essential to get the updates.

Gary
So Gary, My Model yr19 says updates are current in Dock. You say that is not true. How did you determine that? You say delete that file on SD card then try the Dock update and all will be good? Is that correct? Did someone at RM tell you to do this? ......just curious, thanks. Bill
Old 02-07-2021, 06:05 AM   #54

Bill

I determined that because my RM maps would not update for about a year or 18 months. Every time I tried to update maps the Dock Software said my maps were current. I knew that was not true as others had more current maps and I could not get them.

Then I read a post up here on iRV2 and the post said that they had to delete that file and then their maps started to update normally. I pulled the SD card, deleted that file and immediately updated my maps by 3 or 4 updates. As soon as that files was gone, the updates were easy to download. My memory was that that post author had called RM and RM was who told him to delete that file. I assumed RM just wasn't doing updates but that was incorrect.

Also, there was a time back in 2014 or 2015 where the SD cards that were included with the RM system were too small to handle more recent map updates. They had a crazy system where you had to give them a credit card guarantee of $150-$200 to get them to send you a new bigger SD card. You got a credit back on your credit card as soon as you sent them the old SD card. That was sometime in 2015. Now, I've had this 2018 build date Cornerstone and the SD card has been sufficient size to update maps all long with no problems. I don't really think that failure to update is due to a small SD card.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:30 AM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I even deleted the navi.cfg file with no update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Stu

Gary

Quote:

It will be interesting to see what Dock does with older cards if it will be a complete update which may take longer.
My card is dated 11/6/17.

I deleted the navi.cfg file on the AD card and then reinserted it into the Xite unit and powered it (Xite) up. The RM navigation loaded as usual. Then, I powered down the Xite and removed the SD card from the Xite and re-inserted the SD card into the Dock software. The Dock software still shows "Your Device Is Up To Date".

The coach is in storage about 30 minutes away. We're departing in less than 10 days for about 6 weeks. I was hoping that I'd be able to get it to update before departure. I guess not.

In the past, I've operated with the RM displayed on the overhead TV and Waze on my phone. I think that I may cast the Waze to the overhead TV for this trip. At least give that a try and see what I think about that setup. DW uses a portable Garmin that she keeps in front of her.

The biggest challenge of running three separate systems is when there's a route divergence. I am a little OCD about pre-departure daily route planning. Most of the time, I've already anticipated those route divergences so it's not a big problem, more of an anticipated annoyance.

Still, it would be nice if I could get the RM to update.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-07-2021, 07:02 AM   #56

Iíll head down and pull the SD card out again and bring it home to mess with. The one thing I am not sure of is how to determine if the maps are up to date, especially since dock is telling me everything is up to date. Thanks