Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Pat!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #72

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
Rand McSam,

Thanks for the status information. The last SD card update seems to have resolved the sluggish performance and abbreviated speech issues. I have not had a chance to use the "Traffic Everywhere" yet because it is telling me that is is unavailable at this time, check back later. I'm not sure why? Do I need to be in a metropolitan area?
Hello,

It is not necessary to be in a metropolitan area to be able to utilize the Traffic Everywhere feature. It can be possible that traffic information is not available in an area. I can help troubleshoot. Please PM me your e-mail address and your serial number. I will then work with development to understand if there is an issue and provide the resolution or reason for this message appearing.

Thanks,
RandMcSam
RandMcSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Did the Xite have an availble wifi signal when it said traffic not available?

My AM radio has never worked but I really don't care since I only listen to Sirius.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Did the Xite have an availble wifi signal when it said traffic not available?

My AM radio has never worked but I really don't care since I only listen to Sirius.
Yes.... I used both the WiFi from my home and personal hotspot from my phone. Neither worked.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK... After another RM remote access session lasting 2 hours and still have no resolution to the "Traffic Everywhere" issues. Question.... Does anyone out there actually have the "Traffic Everywhere" option working on a "XiteSolutions" system?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had an opportunity to test the RM GPS today. Had about a 45 mile commute to a Spartan service location in Sacramento. The GPS seemed to work well. Voice commands were clear and not abbreviated. The system was a lot more responsive. It appears that the latest SD card update resolved those issues.

Still no "Traffic Everywhere" but tech support is working on that issue. Progress is slow but sure.....STAY TUNED!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandMcSam View Post
Hello,

There is a lot to get to here so i'll make myself available in thread for any new questions. Some common points I recognize are as follows and i'll try to clear the confusion:

Upgrade of SD Card
-There was a requirement to swap cards from a 4GB card to an 8GB card to handle the larger map database and newer features. If you haven't done so already RiverPark will provide you with this replacement. RiverPark can be reached at (800) 442-7717.

Sluggish/slow usage
-A software glitch in the new cards caused certain lagging and the fix would be to connect the card to the Dock software and update to the latest map and software version which currently is 4.5.3670. To download the dock follow this link Rand McNally Support Dock Software

The Dock -El Capitan
-The Dock has some compatibility issues with Apple's latest OS upgrade to El Capitan. We are working to provide a compatible version and should have one shortly.

Traffic Everywhere
-Traffic Everywhere is an optional feature that is supported for the Xite as long as Wi-Fi is available to you Xite unit. If you have any complications please contact 877-446-4863 and we will assist you here from Rand.

If I missed something please post again or refer me back to the original post.

Thank you,
Rand McSam

Thanks for the info on Mac OS updates. Sure want to know when that happens.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"Traffic Everywhere" update....

Rand McNally tech support deferred to their developers for a solution. Last week after I called inquiring about the findings, they got back to me saying that everything checks out on their end and the problem is unique to my device. They claim that their Beta testers in the field are using "Traffic Everywhere" with no issues. The recommendation from RM was to get a new SD card with the latest firmware and the issue should be resolved.

I spoke with Brad Watson at RiverPark and he is sending another SD card for me to try. This will make three SD cards for my system.

Pertaining to the AM/FM issue.... I am trying a powered antenna when I get a chance. Pat (wmpbauer), you mentioned that you heard at the Tampa Show that grounding the antenna should improve reception. Have you had a chance to try it?
Old 02-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #79

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Have not had a chance to dig into the dash. Sorry.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:09 AM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
Pertaining to the AM/FM issue.... I am trying a powered antenna when I get a chance. Pat (wmpbauer), you mentioned that you heard at the Tampa Show that grounding the antenna should improve reception. Have you had a chance to try it?
If it helps, My radio had to be replaced. Entegra checked the ground and tighten the antenna connection when we picked up our coach at the factory. It still would not pick up stations on the way home. They shipped me a new radio, it now works perfect. Very easy to change...lay a towel on the console so as not to scratch the new screen.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If it helps, My radio had to be replaced. Entegra checked the ground and tighten the antenna connection when we picked up our coach at the factory. It still would not pick up stations on the way home. They shipped me a new radio, it now works perfect. Very easy to change...lay a towel on the console so as not to scratch the new screen.
Thanks guys....

Pat, thanks for getting back with an update.

Chuck, I have put it out there that a new radio is probably in order. I am also running out of options with RM on the "Traffic Everywhere" option. I tried another SD card (#3) and it still doesn't work. A lot of finger pointing going on right now. If it doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to pull it and go with Kenwood like Cruxer did!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #82

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Have not had a chance to dig into the dash. Sorry.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Pat,
Will there be a RM rep at the Lazydays Entegra Rally? I have a coach so new that I haven't even turned on the GPS, so it may or may not have the 8GB SD card, and I'm not sure where I'd start to dig the thing out of the dash to find out. Of course there is always my trusty Garmin 760...
Greg
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
Pat,
Will there be a RM rep at the Lazydays Entegra Rally? I have a coach so new that I haven't even turned on the GPS, so it may or may not have the 8GB SD card, and I'm not sure where I'd start to dig the thing out of the dash to find out. Of course there is always my trusty Garmin 760...
Greg
Greg... The SD card is located in the under the bottom edge center of the screen. You may have to adjust the Tilt in the settings menu to get at it. Not sure about that as mine is set to Tilt Level 1. You will feel the edge. Just press on it and it will pop out so it can be removed.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
I'm not sure where I'd start to dig the thing out of the dash to find out.
If you depress the bottom right button on the lower far right corner of the screen, which is also the DVD/CD eject button (it should have what looks like an up arrow) this will automatically tilt the screen 90* up exposing the SD card in the bottom of the unit. Like Bob said, If you gently push it in, it should eject. The control head power must be on to make this work. Simply push the button again to get the screen to retract.

Hope this helps, that's the way it works on mine, Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote