Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2020, 10:14 AM   #57

Rand McNally Updates

Although this thread seems to be about factory installed units, I have a stand alone RVND7 and I have pretty much the same problems. It will not update and looses the mph after a distance and comes back intermittently. I tried contacting Rand through their website and ended up with a third party that wanted to access my computer and charge me an astronomical fee to repair my computer. Any others out there that this has happened to?
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2020, 12:53 PM   #58

My software version is 4.5.3790.1609 and is says the same thing
Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #59

My software version now shows, 5.1.4239.1059. I just reloaded the dock so don't know if that made a difference or not. Will have to wait a while to see if it works any better. Hopefully my computer won't ask if RM can make changes to my computer every time I start it.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
Although this thread seems to be about factory installed units, I have a stand alone RVND7 and I have pretty much the same problems. It will not update and looses the mph after a distance and comes back intermittently. I tried contacting Rand through their website and ended up with a third party that wanted to access my computer and charge me an astronomical fee to repair my computer. Any others out there that this has happened to?
What you contacted was a Google website spoof. Get the phone number for RM out of the owners manual and not Google. Or get on RM website, make sure it is RM, then go to "contact us"
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Although this thread seems to be about factory installed units, I have a stand alone RVND7 and I have pretty much the same problems.
Folks, this thread is about Rand McNally map updates on the Xite System built in to many RV's infotainment systems. Not about dash top portable RND devices. So, the info in this thread pertains to Xite owners not RND 770 owners.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Anderson View Post
Same issue here but I'm in a 2019 Newmar Canyon Star. RM says I have the latest update but the GPS says my maps are over a year old. I too supplement with Google Maps as the RM GPS is only 80% accurate. I will continue to investigate with RM.
You can fix this on your own if you are a little bit computer savvy. If not call RiverPark Support. Tell them the issue, they will walk you through deleting a CFG file (navi.cfg) on your SD card. You do this via your computer's File system, not the dock.

Once you delete the file, the next time the dock loads it will rebuild the file from scratch and you will suddenly see updates available. If it has been a long time since this worked for you it will download a LOT of updated files.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Folks, this thread is about Rand McNally map updates on the Xite System built in to many RV's infotainment systems. Not about dash top portable RND devices. So, the info in this thread pertains to Xite owners not RND 770 owners.
I'm sorry if I stepped on someone's toes. I guess if we own a $26,00 older motor home we aren't allowed to ask questions. I have tried to ask the same question on different threads and got no answer.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #64

David

Your question was just fine. Dont worry about it. Your unit is different so you likely will get a lot of bad information from owners who don't have that system, which is almost everyone on this forum. I think you will get answers faster by getting to RM itself.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:49 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I'm sorry if I stepped on someone's toes. I guess if we own a $26,00 older motor home we aren't allowed to ask questions. I have tried to ask the same question on different threads and got no answer.
No Toes where stepped on. Do not worry. Just wanting to be sure that folks that have a different GPS unit were not following the advice given here. It's not universal. So, you need to know that.

If you have a question about YOUR GPS you should simply start a new thread that's specific to your problems on your unit. Asking in other threads on not the exact same item and issue just leads to not getting the answers you need. Don't be bashful. Those of us that start threads on our own are not special or more knowledgeable.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:51 AM   #66

My personal RM fav is turn left on "Appalachian Trail". Yep, the 2000 mile hiking one.....
Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #67

I had the Good Sam version. Had a problem and called Rand McNally. Told me they did not service the Good Sam model. Their GPS but would not help. I switched to Garmin and it was the best thing I did.

Bill
lapdret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
You didn't step on anyone's toes. In fact you may have saved someone from calling a Spoofed number from Google. A friend of mine made that mistake on his laptop...it cost him $1,100. for the mistake. Googling a phone number and not the website is dangerous.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:51 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Support

WOW, I was just talking to RM yesterday about this. Long story short, they are working and will pass my message to the appropriate department. bla bla bla...

I have been going to a resort in FL for the past three years and that is how long the road has change, well, it still has the old road on RM map data and that is what I wanted them to know.

Looking into Garmin now... but I hope RM do something because I do like the Overdrye 7 RV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Can anyone remember when the latest map and/or construction database update was? My maps have have not been updated in about 16 months and no construction database updates in 5 months.

Reloaded the Dock software yesterday to no avail, Dock still shows software on card is up to date.

Can anyone list what their software version is? Mine is showing 4.57.4546.1617.

Talked to Rand McNally and they are no help what so ever. They cannot tell what my software version should be or when the last map, software, or construction update was.

Thanks.
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
RM is Junk

We also have RM in our Newmar. Never again. I am quite surprised that builders use such an unfriendly system. They must get one heck of a deal on the package and never test or use the system. So much for listening to customer feedback. At least Tiffin has that part of the equation correct as they use Garmin.
GnL T is offline   Reply With Quote