Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
So does that mean you shift into gear without your foot on the brake? My fast idle disengages as soon as I touch the brake pedal.
Mine too ! I always set fast idle on start up as the coach airs up faster.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That gets me to thinking again. I always put my foot on the brake before putting into gear. May not have been my problem. There are no codes that showed up. I will need to pull my coach out and recreate " breaking camp" and not use fast idle and see what happens. If fast idle did not disengage, I can see how that would prevent the transmission from going into gear.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Found the problem! When putting my foot on the brake, it does not disengage fast idle. That is what was causing the Range Inhibit light to come on and not go into gear. Waiting on an answer from Spartan on a fix.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Wow

Kudos to the forum members for helping track this down. I'm amazed at some of the things I learn here. Now if I could only remember all of them.......
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #19

Thanks for the update.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL57 View Post
Has anyone experienced this when trying to put their coach in gear. This has happened twice when we broke camp and got ready to leave. Everything was retracted when I tried to put into drive, wouldn't budge and this light came on. I killed the engine and restarted and was able to drive off. Charlie at Spartan said it might be low voltage at startup. If that was the case, why would it work after turning off and restarting. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
RL57
I don't have a "range inhibit light" but my Allison transmission will not shift out of neutral into any gear if the engine is running at "high idle".

However as soon as the engine warms enough to cause the engine speed to automatically drop from "high idle RPM" to the "normal idle RPM" I can shift the transmission with no problem... (this is especially true/noticeable when staring a cold engine in cold weather).

(As others have said stepping on the brake pedal also causes the idle speed to drop which allows me to shift the transmission into gear).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting...I always use fast idle, pretty sure I put my foot on the brake before shifting into gear, never had the problem. On either the Anthem or on the CS. So I find this a little suspect as an answer, no negative intended. I guess if it works and there are no error codes (I'd look while you had the light on to see), then problem solved.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light