Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Reading others posts and NIRVC

Reading the other posts this morning of a few that had a less than perfect experience with NIRVC really got me thinking and I wanted to say thank you.

I have never had a dealer of any kind call me on a Sunday afternoon excited about their new training program, expertise and expansion of service for all brands of coaches.. Those that have complained, Brett Davis listened and, I for one am thankful, We will get to see and experience the benefit first hand.

My previous dealer I fought for 2 years. Upper management would not return phone calls, answered one email to turn me over to the same person I had been having problems with. The last appointment was made 2 months in advance. We sat for one week being moved from one spot to another while new coaches were made ready for delivery one after another. We never saw the inside of a service bay. We were treated like we were in the way after purchasing one of there higher end coaches still under warranty. For those that have good experiences, that's great. I have yet to receive a phone call from that dealer, or even an email saying how they have improved service and the customer comes first.
Personally I would like to thank those that have made comments that moved NIRVC in the direction they are going. It's a win-win for me and hopefully others.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had a similar experience from the same person on a weekend answering a question on a post I made on here about a service question. Really blew me away, and any small service that I can't do, they do now. When I buy another one, it will be from them (Atlanta or Phoenix).
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm going to have a chat with Brett Davis at some point once I can talk again (had wisdom teeth out) where I can go into some of my specific concerns. I don't want to air them all out here. Not trying to be secretive -- if anyone really wants to know details, I will share them via PM if asked -- I just don't want to go down that road on a public forum, to be honest.

Anyway -- My hope is that Brett and I both get something productive out of that conversation.

And to Chuck's point, has anyone ever gotten an invitation from Marcus Lemonis to talk about his dealership's challenges? (How many of you burst into laughter at the very thought of such a thing?) NIRVC truly does care. Of course, caring alone doesn't make for a good business, but at least it makes improvement a lot more likely.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:48 PM   #4

I am one with less than stellar experiences at NIRVC. Brett has expressed concern, and Tadd has also, but somehow this has never percolated down to the level where it made any difference in our service experiences. I still recommend NIRVC, as they ARE better than any other I know, but I have simply not had good luck. Even my last trip - on the way home the previously working Equalizer on which they "found and fixed a leaking O-ring" started spewing hydraulic fluid all over under the coach. I really WANT to be happier with them, but each trip costs us a thousand dollars in fuel to drop off and pick up, and every one has had issues afterwards. But don't ignore them on my account - they do try hard. I was the victim of plain old bad luck.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I am one with less than stellar experiences at NIRVC. Brett has expressed concern, and Tadd has also, but somehow this has never percolated down to the level where it made any difference in our service experiences. I still recommend NIRVC, as they ARE better than any other I know, but I have simply not had good luck. Even my last trip - on the way home the previously working Equalizer on which they "found and fixed a leaking O-ring" started spewing hydraulic fluid all over under the coach. I really WANT to be happier with them, but each trip costs us a thousand dollars in fuel to drop off and pick up, and every one has had issues afterwards. But don't ignore them on my account - they do try hard. I was the victim of plain old bad luck.

Just me, but that is a something I have never had success with at any shop, so I will not leave my coach. Even the 3 rear ends on the 14 when they wanted me to leave the coach. No, I'll stay until the problem is found. They said we don't have facilities, no problem I am self contained. After the 3rd rear end I found out who was lying from being there watching.

It is post like yours that had Brett & Todd and company spend mega thousands in hiring and six moths of factory training to improve service for the rest of us. After owning my 14, I can totally empathize with you on repairs not going well. We finally gave up and went back to the factory where we left with what turned out to be a great coach. We didn't leave the coach there either, it was daily test drives and 3 weeks of corrections.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #6

Dave

I know you have work constraints, but I strongly agree with Chuck on this issue. If at all humanly possible, I NEVER agree to leave my coach at ANY repair location unattended....

i don't care who or where the coach repair shop is.... I stay on site or nearby every day or night even if it means Dee and me sitting in the Honda holding the 2 cats with the motor and the AC running all day, that is what we do.... I check on each repair same day, watch anything i can watch even if it is the tech viewed from the car parked a ways away or standing in the bay doorway, and talk to the tech and service manager each day. Even great facilities have people that make stupid mistakes, forget to complete repairs, get distracted, but I want them to be fully aware that I will be examining their work EVERY day and I will not tolerate a half as*ed job. Anyone that leaves their coach for 3 months (not talking about you Dave) and then picks up their coach expecting it to be in pristine shape, are not using their heads vvery well, IMO. Everyone juggles their responsibilities and makes decisions on urgency and priority. I would too....almost everyone will let stuff slide until they know it can't be delayed any longer. That's not a situation that leads to high satisfaction. Not always possible, but highly desirable.

Now, a conversation with the facility manager conducted firmly but civilly is always in order if things are not going well. Talking to the CEO is emotionally satisfying, but is not the conversation that translates into change.... that conversation with the location manager is what should produce change....the CEO conversation should be after the fact. You need the repair done well, he needs to know how things are going generally.

Gary

i

i
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote