Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #43

To all that has answered my forum about noisy jacks and all other noisy jack problem I hope that Entegra or Equalizer does a better job on mine. You do not want to pay this kind of money and have this and other major problems. Tucson. AZ
Dog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #44

Equalizer replaced my front jacks. They said that there was not a problem as the did work but were just loud. They had me try an additive but that did not work. The rear are loud as well and I will have entegra replace them at a later date. Equalizer wanted me to pay for the replace labor but entegra took care of that. Call equalizer and talk to them.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog3 View Post
To all that has answered my forum about noisy jacks and all other noisy jack problem I hope that Entegra or Equalizer does a better job on mine. You do not want to pay this kind of money and have this and other major problems. Tucson. AZ
We picked up our Anthem last November being in Minnesota we put it right into storage. We haven't slept in it yet. After reading these posts all winter I am afraid to get it out of storage. I suspect it will fall apart on the first trip. We were roped in by quality for the dollar. But now I'm expecting issues with the shades, jacks, microwave, refrigerator, ride levels, furniture, and whatever. Our Winny Journey seemed a little more solid. I worry that we made a huge mistake.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Robert, I am sure there are more good Entegra's on the road, those are the ones' you never hear from. What people post about on the forums is how to fix something, or who else has had this problem. Then there is the rarity like mine, but I am the first one that I know if that had a delivery like mine in the first 1,000 coaches built. Personally I have seen more "good" Entegra's than problem ones. The good ones rarely post.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
"We have owned our 2013 42 xxxxxx for six months we have over 40 warranty items (the coach has been in the dealers shop for over 2months total) only 3 item have been addressed the score being one item fixed the other two attempts to repair faild. Our main issue started on the second day of onership, the front ac will not cool but better yet pours water ( water comes out around ceiling lights) into the ceiling of our coach. Four attempts have been made to fix this (replacing multiple parts of the ac) all atempts have failed. I have called Wixxxxxx several times about this they did not seem to think it was a big deal "nothing in the celing water should hurt" is what one cusromer service rep told me. I requested the entire ac unit be replaced Winxxxx told me they could not authotire that...it is colmans ac (this is unnder the 12 month bumper to bumper warranty period) . I called again thinking they just dont understand how much water has saturated th ceiling , I was told if it caused a problem down the road they would take care of it( sure like they are now) . I told them I could send them a video of the water coming out of the ceiling and I did. xxxxxxxx states on their web site that they will respond to emails within 2 business days , after 10 business days with no response I called back . I was told they received the email but the person I needed to speak with was busy .I was promised he would call me back that afternoon , it has been a week and no call. Winnexxxx makes a nice looking coach and if you dont have major issues It is not to bad but their customer care has got to be at an all time low. I feel I have no choice but to unload this coach and take a $$ bath."

I realize that reading about all these issues on the Entegra site can make a person wary and second guess your purchase (Buyers Remorse???) When you picked up your coach and put it into storage I can only imagine your concern when it comes time to start it up and start enjoying it.

We are picking up our Aspire next week and I will use the information learned here to double, triple check the "problem" areas when I do the PDI.

When I come on iRV2 I usually read only the "New Rig Show off" and the Entegra information. I never go to any other owner forums. However, I went to the Winnebago forums and found the above post. If you go to any other manufacturer forum, I'm sure you can find the same type of negative details.

You did your research before your purchase......Have confidence, faith, move forward and enjoy. Then.....consider moving to Texas where you can enjoy your coach all year.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Robert, I was thinking of something after my last response. "Where has everyone gone?" There were so many good posters when I joined this forum last summer before I ordered my Entegra, that are no longer around. Their Entegra's arrived with no problems and they have moved on. I really miss their posts and questions that I learned so much from. It's been a long cold winter and I think we have seen more "cabin fever" posts than fun type Mod posts or new system posts.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
We picked up our Anthem last November being in Minnesota we put it right into storage. We haven't slept in it yet. After reading these posts all winter I am afraid to get it out of storage. I suspect it will fall apart on the first trip. We were roped in by quality for the dollar. But now I'm expecting issues with the shades, jacks, microwave, refrigerator, ride levels, furniture, and whatever. Our Winny Journey seemed a little more solid. I worry that we made a huge mistake.
Robert,

You are losing sleep over something that hasn't happened yet. Not everyone who gets a new Entegra has the problems that Chuck has had and they were considerable. I am sitting hear waiting for my new Cornerstone which is supposed to be ready in Mid June at LD. To read some of these posts, I should rush in, cancel the order, and demand my deposit back!

Am I going to look the coach over very closely before accepting it? YOU BET! However, I am not staying up nights worrying about issues that haven't happened yet. Am I expecting some issues - Absolutely! Even the Entegra rep at the Tampa show told me that I should expect some issues. I have yet to hear about the perfect coach from anyone. It is how problems are addressed that is important.

Overall, I still believe that Entegra is one of the best companies to deal with. Despite the issues we have seen lately, I still think that Entegra is doing better than most of the competition. I remain - Optimistic!
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
As Chuck said, most of us who have had few problems don't post as often as we should. It's like the news - bad news headlines sell. YOu don't hear much about the millions of folks who go through the day doing their job - it's others you hear about.

We picked up our coach from LD and had a marginal walk-through. We had to wait while a massive water leak was fixed at the icemaker. Since then our problem list is shorter than I would ever have imagined. We are enjoying a fabulous coach and when we have had issues (Mostly either self inflicted or due to my inability to understand how things work), CS has been fabulous.

We've had the shade issues, but the motors have been replaced at our convenience - no issues with the MW, jacks, fridge, ride level or most of the other stuff.

We went to Entegra when on a trip and a few things were checked and fixed or (mostly) explained to us. We also went to the Spartan school. Same deal. We met some great folks and learned a ton. I would strongly recommend both. We're getting our Post Delivery Inspection May 12 and our list of issues is brief and easy according to CS.

Fear not - You should have a great experience.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #51

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Robert, I was thinking of something after my last response. "Where has everyone gone?" There were so many good posters when I joined this forum last summer before I ordered my Entegra, that are no longer around. Their Entegra's arrived with no problems and they have moved on. I really miss their posts and questions that I learned so much from. It's been a long cold winter and I think we have seen more "cabin fever" posts than fun type Mod posts or new system posts.
Yes, Chuck, you right. Our Entegra arrived with very few problems and we have been on the road pretty much since then. I originally started this post on noisy jacks. We had our's replaced but after several months in Arizona (very dry) they started to get loud again. This time we just used wd40 and sprayed them well.....problem fixed. We have a few things to get fixed at Entegra but all small stuff and nothing that prevents us from enjoying our beautiful coach! I write this while we are on the road heading home to Ontario where our journey ends until next fall. Buying an Entegra was the best decision for us.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Dianne, you are one of the ones I was referring to. I miss your informative posts and thanks to your post we all learned of the new jack problem. My 10 year old Equalizers were as perfect as they could be, but the new ones are not the same. I have learned from you and others, if the new ones are noisy, WD 40 them and live with it I guess. It only lasts for a few seconds. Good to hear from you and don't be such a stranger. Glad to hear the Entegra was so enjoyable over the winter. I still have you to thank for your Radiate Copper photo that helped us make our color choice.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #53

I will be back to the forum more often once we are home and settled. Life on the road is BUSY for us.....everyday is an adventure and we do LOVE to ride our motorcycles!
Nice to know I was missed.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #54

I apologize to all for being a Negative Neal but how can one help from worry? You would think that as the model year progresses the quality would improve. It doesn't seem like it has. With the little contact we've had with our coach since we picked it up in November we already have four issues. Loud jacks, power steering noise/vibration, a rattle under the step cover, and a recall on the roof sealant. Roof sealant, really? They let a person apply the sealant to the roof incorrectly for months without catching it. Really? And Chuck's coach which was made after ours had to be sent back to the factory it was so bad. Quality control was the number one improvement most would like on another thread. Dog3 was wondering if Entegra and Equalizer would do a better job on his coach. From the evidence, I doubt it. I'm praying our coach puts egg on my face.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #55

Quote:
I apologize to all for being a Negative Neal but how can one help from worry? You would think that as the model year progresses the quality would improve. It doesn't seem like it has. With the little contact we've had with our coach since we picked it up in November we already have four issues. Loud jacks, power steering noise/vibration, a rattle under the step cover, and a recall on the roof sealant. Roof sealant, really? They let a person apply the sealant to the roof incorrectly for months without catching it. Really? And Chuck's coach which was made after ours had to be sent back to the factory it was so bad. Quality control was the number one improvement most would like on another thread. Dog3 was wondering if Entegra and Equalizer would do a better job on his coach. From the evidence, I doubt it. I'm praying our coach puts egg on my face.
Every person has a different tolerance level for problems. You said you have had your coach since November and you "already have four issues". Loud jacks....yes they can get pretty loud....but they still work. Steering noise/vibration , a rattle under the step and a recall. To me those are ALL considered minor. You have a brand new coach with THOUSANDS of components all bouncing down roads and hiways that are in bad need of repair (roads seems to be getting worse each year). I am certain there are many that would glady change places with you. The glass can be half full or half empty. Relax, enjoy your coach and know that Entegra will take care of you.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #56
WDE

I had the same worries after reading this forum. Picked my Anthem up on Feb 28. Not a single problem. EVERYTHING has worked perfectly going on four months. Could not be happier and more relieved. While this forum has been wonderful in educating me in advance of delivery, all the bad things were not realized with our coach. I hope you have the same experience ... I suspect most do.

Quote:
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulics