Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hal, I had to constantly reset mine for 3 days before there was a deep enough charge on my batteries before the AGM2 setting would hold. I don't know if it will be the same for others, but that was my experience.

Chuck, just FYI. I had to do my reset to AGM2 each morning for 4 days until it finally held. It’s been 2 days now and still holding the AGM2 setting.
daiglekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2022, 02:31 PM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to all that have shared. I was fortunate enough to get Joyce involved. She has the #2 person from FireFly with two engineers going over my coach from the programming to the batteries at 4PM. A picture is worth a Thousand words....I was able to show all of the other coaches with the same problem in a matter of seconds. They got the picture instantly. Thank all of you for your assistance even text about the settings not holding made a big difference of how important this matter is.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:
Firefly saw the problem first hand and saw the charge is not getting to the batteries, verified with an amp meter. The unplug test with the quick voltage drops from different coaches was really important! From the other posts a pattern came together without having to spend hours looking for what was happening. So far no reason why, just glad the right person is finally on it.
Again, thanks to all of you, many are going to benefit from this.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:13 PM   #74

Big thank you everyone

We just bought our 2022 Aspire 44r and got it home last Friday. I was thinking there was something not right about the batteries but had no clue where to even start.

I will be keeping an eye on this form for sure.

Thank you everyone for all the work you all have done to this point working to figure this out.
Dfender62467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:22 AM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfender62467 View Post
We just bought our 2022 Aspire 44r and got it home last Friday. I was thinking there was something not right about the batteries but had no clue where to even start.

I will be keeping an eye on this form for sure.

Thank you everyone for all the work you all have done to this point working to figure this out.
That is a big help on a new 22. Does the Aspire have have the Nebula Vega Touch?
Old 08-26-2022, 09:05 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I am totally stumped on this one. After a full charge on the batteries overnight, 13.3v float, one charger had even turned off. Unplugged and the battery voltage immediately dropped to 12.4v or 80% charge. If Don or anyone wiser on batteries than I am can explain this I would sure like to know what may be causing this.
Chuck,

What is happening once the batteries drop to 12.4v and then you plug back in to shore power? Do the chargers go into Bulk at 14.5v and then Absorb for 2.5 hours at 14.5v followed by Float for 4 hours or are the chargers doing something else? Do both chargers work when doing Bulk/Absorb or just one charger?

From what your Vegatouch is showing I don’t think your new batteries are getting anywhere near a full charge. You might try doing an equalize/maintenance charge at 14.5v for a 4 hour period and see what than gives you when you unplugged.

Also has anyone checked your Magnum bridge to see if it is working properly or have they swapped it out for a different one to see if things change?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Don, you are hitting it right on. If plugging right back in, it goes into Bulk as if the batteries have been used for 4 hours. The top person and 2 of his engineers from Firefly were on my coach yesterday until 6PM. He did change the bridge to an updated bridge.. They finally agreed the batteries are not receiving the charge the Vega Touch says they are. They are to contact Magnum today to try to find out why. So far the only thing that has happened is they saw in person what I have been emailing them for 3 weeks.
The other morning the float was showing 13.3v one charger was showing float, the other charger had gone into standby. However the batteries only received 12.4v when unplugged. The different readings make no sense and Firefly finally agreed with me. Now to find the programming solution. Thank you for adding your expertise, you have no idea how much it is appreciated.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Don, Firefly is coming out to install the old style Magnum controller to bypass the VT. I'll do a 4 hour absorb charger test, unplug and see what the charge is. That should narrow down where the problem is and how to program for it.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:13 AM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
First battery test did not go as hoped for. Then Magnums were bypassed from the Vega Touch and bulk charged for 4 hour. After unplugging in 4 hours, the batteries read 12.5v. In an hour it will be 12 hours of direct charging and I will pull the plug again. We had hoped the first test would isolate the problem, but that was not be.

12 hour charging test made no difference, the batteries read 12.4v after unplugging this morning. I will check the batteries with a voltmeter just to be sure.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #80

Chuck
Since you are at the mother ship can you check some one there that has a new coach and see if they have problem also?

I know batteries are new, but is there one with a bad cell that could be causing the problems?

I would have the batteries removed and tested, or tested in place if possible . Doing so would take this variable out ot the loop. I know others are showing the same problem so not likely but stranger thing have happen.

Have we found out if people with the go power are having same problems?
Old 08-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #81

Is it possible to unplug batteries from the magnum chargers and get a portable charger on the batteries to see they could get batteries fully charged?
Old 08-27-2022, 08:09 AM   #82

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
Chuck
Since you are at the mother ship can you check some one there that has a new coach and see if they have problem also?

I know batteries are new, but is there one with a bad cell that could be causing the problems?

I would have the batteries removed and tested, or tested in place if possible . Doing so would take this variable out ot the loop. I know others are showing the same problem so not likely but stranger thing have happen.

Have we found out if people with the go power are having same problems?
Jack, if you see the other post from those that have been so kind to share their photos, some are 22's with IGO inverts, they also drop to 12.4v as soon as they unplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
Is it possible to unplug batteries from the magnum chargers and get a portable charger on the batteries to see they could get batteries fully charged?
It is really out of my hands now. The chargers are putting out 13.3v, but for some reason they are not getting to the batteries. Others that have posted photos. same thing. That eliminates my equipment as the only one. My new batteries have all been checked individually with a voltmeter. not a tenth of a volt difference, at rest and under a load. My head is sore from scratching it so much, it just doesn't make sense. Thanks for help kicking ideas around.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:54 PM   #83

Quote:
That is a big help on a new 22. Does the Aspire have have the Nebula Vega Touch?
No, my coach has the Mira.

It’s definitely has the a similar if not same issue. After the three day drive from Louisiana to New Mexico I am still having no indications the batteries are taking a charge from solar, the generator, or the alternator. Batteries cap out at around 12.9volts still indicate on the FF they are being charged but as soon I remove shore power or the genie I drop out to 11.3 volts in a short order.

Is there a specific routine the engineers want followed to check things out. I looked through the thread and I saw where people were providing result but not the specific regiment being followed. I would like to get to it tomorrow.

Thank you!
Dfender62467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 05:52 AM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfender62467 View Post
No, my coach has the Mira.

It’s definitely has the a similar if not same issue. After the three day drive from Louisiana to New Mexico I am still having no indications the batteries are taking a charge from solar, the generator, or the alternator. Batteries cap out at around 12.9volts still indicate on the FF they are being charged but as soon I remove shore power or the genie I drop out to 11.3 volts in a short order.

Is there a specific routine the engineers want followed to check things out. I looked through the thread and I saw where people were providing result but not the specific regiment being followed. I would like to get to it tomorrow.

Thank you!
Did your coach possibly sit on a dealers lot not plugged in that could have ruined the batteries? If so, load test the batteries, if they pass I would email FireFly immediately. Attn Josh. https://www.fireflyint.com/contact.html Very interesting if other models of the Vega Touch are having the same problem. I know for a fact nobody has paid any attention to this low charging issue.......forever.

But do check the condition of the batteries first on a new coach. However, it will be hard to do a load test if the batteries are not charging, a catch 22. A shorted battery on a new delivery is quite common if it sat for months never plugged it. I have run into that twice from Entegra, one was a cold spell of several week for 33 below zero, plant was closed. Delivery was delayed 3 weeks, coach sat outside, batteries shorted out. Entegra replaced. Also happened on this coach, sat for 3 month because of the pandemic, short life on the batteries. Owner replaced with upgraded batteries. But when we can't charge new batteries, there is a problem.