Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #15
YC1

Pull whatever needs to come out so you can get to the cables. Swap one of the side camera inputs if you have them. Can't tell from the picture.

You might be losing power or ground from the camera. Take the camera out and see if you can find the power leads if they are separate from the video output.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #16

In our particular case, I personally replaced the controller and the camera. The factory tried to fix it, which worked for a week.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #17
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Rear camera was acting up just prior to our two-year PDI. Techs could not figure out why so wasn't fixed. Now, a month out of warranty, it's not working at all. Guess it's just another item designed to last for a couple of days over two years. Anyone replaced your's with a wireless camera from Amazon, etc?

Checked side cameras today. They are working fine-just the rear is out.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #18

rear camera out

my coach was 8 months old and i had lines in monitor. they reset and worked fine for about a month. called in and did reset again but could not
get lines out. sent new monitor and worked fine for about 2 weeks.
now i have nothing but no video input. changed video input cables from
radio and monitor and i have picture on monitor again but not on radio.
i have not called in yet because last trip i have a slide not coming all the way in now.
cthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #19

Have had issues with mine also. Sometimes shutting of and waiting a few seconds works. On mine there is a cover on the rear corner of the roof. Opened that up and saw that the cord was hanging off the connections several feet . No support. Took some electricians tape and taped a circle around a piece of frame, so when driving down the road the full weight was not pulling on the camera. Not sure if that was it, but have had less trouble. Also spun around three times and stood on one leg. So far so good. See sig.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 PM   #20

Thanks waterboy10 for the salesman switch idea. It cured the problem with my security lights
Ericlinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Checked side cameras today. They are working fine-just the rear is out.
OK GOOD remove the 8 screw wood looking panel lay a towel on the cup holders fold it out about a foot or so reach in about 8 to 10 inches the rear cable has come loose on the multi plex box there is a metal shroud that is part of the cable itself it holds it on the plug slightly bend the shroud to hold tighter on all 3 on the multi plex switch has about 10 or 12 cable and plugs to it remove and check them. re insert them on the video cables make sure you pinch them,,, meaning the metal outer shrouds tighter..... to pinch them on the female it inserts tighter. The problem should go away. If you have further questions Mike Oconnel is the guy on this at CS, Dept. as I remember he actually worked for the MFG company of those systems
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #22

Just took delivery of a 2017 Anthem and the blind spot cameras, as well as the backup cameras aren't showing on the screen. Same message, "No video signal." Same solution Johnny Reno? Thanks. Steve Reno.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:01 AM   #23

Yes steve my brother jusy said I should take off the multiplex swich 2 screws I think. and add some heat shrink tape
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #24

On the 2017 Anthem, the multiplex is behind the front TV. I unplugged the 12V connection, as well as all other power to the coach, but no resolution. I still get the "no video signal" message. Ugh. Being that the side and rear cameras are all not working, there must be a simple solution, like a fuse. I checked all the fuse boxes and I don't find one for the cameras. I checked the 5amp fuse behind the front TV and it is fine. I also verified 12V power was coming into the plug. Ugh. Any other suggestions?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #25

camera

Quote:
Do you mean the "salesman's" switch?
im new to this but have camera issues too. Hate to start with a silly question but what is the sales man switch?
YorkiesRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkiesRV View Post
im new to this but have camera issues too. Hate to start with a silly question but what is the sales man switch?
It is the 12 volt master switch. There is one at the entry step switch panel and another one on the drivers left side switch console. Anytime there is any type of electrical glitch, cycle that switch off for 30 seconds and see if it doesn't solve the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #27
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
OK GOOD remove the 8 screw wood looking panel lay a towel on the cup holders fold it out about a foot or so reach in about 8 to 10 inches the rear cable has come loose on the multi plex box there is a metal shroud that is part of the cable itself it holds it on the plug slightly bend the shroud to hold tighter on all 3 on the multi plex switch has about 10 or 12 cable and plugs to it remove and check them. re insert them on the video cables make sure you pinch them,,, meaning the metal outer shrouds tighter..... to pinch them on the female it inserts tighter. The problem should go away. If you have further questions Mike Oconnel is the guy on this at CS, Dept. as I remember he actually worked for the MFG company of those systems
Did as you suggested. Found a couple of male video cables in the "mess" but no female connections in which to connect. Can't believe the rat's nest back there. No idea if there is a multi plex switch in there or not.

What really hacks me off is I had the issue (intermittently) at my PDI. It was working then (unfortunately) so I don't think they even bothered to check for loose connections. Same deal with my slide gasket that periodically comes loose when I extend the front PS slide. I am beginning to lose faith in Entegra service.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
I have found that when I have a 12V issue with anything simply turning of the salesman's switch for a few minutes reboot and it fixes all that is 12V. Thanks to whoever posted this on the forum. My half bath wouldn't flush at one time and the reboot fixed it, never a problem since.
Where is the 12V salesman switch located?

Tags
camera