Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 05:56 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Reclining Drivers Captain’s Chais

Has anyone replaced the drivers captains chair so it can recline while parked to enhance seating comfort? In our ‘17 Insignia 44W the drivers captains chair currently doesn’t have this capability.

Thank you in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #2

Jay, our Aspire has a reclining Captain’s chair. I’d contact the manufacturer and see if they have a reclining chair available in your colors.

If they sold a reclining chair frame that was similar to your existing chair, you could remove your seat cover and install it on the new frame. Removing these seat covers isn’t difficult at all.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:07 AM   #3

Jay

I have never done it, but I believe that my 2019 Cornerstone's Flexsteel drivers seat sort of reclines.... in that I know that it has a motorized footrest which can come out virtually horizontal, and separately, I am pretty sure the backrest of the seat can be repositioned. Whether the back actually lays back enough to sort of be seen as reclining is something that I have never tried. I doubt it, because there is not much room between the dash and/or the steering wheel when turned around facing the inner areas of the coach.

Overall, I doubt that anything is going to permit a person to really lay that seat down enough for sleeping, but I think that it can be tilted back enough to permit more comfortable sitting and TV watching.

I have never tried to do that...... but I am guessing that it can be moved enough to permit more comfortable relaxing while conversing or watching TV.... I might be wrong. I'll try it, but maybe someone else will know for sure before I get the chance.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mainly after foot rest and comfort while watching tv or having conversations. Sounds like newer models/higher models offer the capability.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Here is what we used on our 14 that did not have foot rest. At one time QVC sold these in singles, we liked them so much we have 3. They fold easy for travel and make very comfortable foot rest for the drivers chair when turned around. They also came in several colors, one almost matched our leather. https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.h...orage+Ottomans
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver