Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Recommended shops in Middlebury, Entegra Plant area

Is there a list of afterhours or recommended facilities in Middlebury? I need to get some small paint work done and also wondered if there was somewhere we could purchase some ottomans and dining room chairs for our rig. When I had my Tiffin, the town had a lot of spin off shops that catered to Tiffin owners and or had a lot of the extra overstock like chairs, etc. Tiffin Group had a list of what they called After Hours. Anything like that for Entegra? Saw the Sticky listing for service centers across the country but that seemed to be more for mechanical maintenance.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
There are furniture shops all around and in Shipshewana. Most of the good ones are "in home shops" on the highways outside of Shipshewana.
For paint S&S.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
Community Moderator

JP's in White Pigeon, Mi. does nice paint work. They are also mobile and have come to where we were sitting last summer.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:48 PM   #4

I recommend Lambright Comfort Chairs in Topeka, IN. South of Shipshewana on Hwy. 5. Phone 260 768 4820. He has some really neat dining chairs with swivel seats so you don’t need to move the chair when getting in or out. Probably ottomans also.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:18 AM   #5

After hours shops? Not to my knowledge, but there is Brad and Hall, lampright, and other shops that have weekday hours.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
After hours shops? Not to my knowledge, but there is Brad and Hall, lampright, and other shops that have weekday hours.
After Hours was just a name they gave for all of the spin off businesses. Some were the workers who did work After Hours, but there were also many regular businesses that catered to Tiffin MH. Paint was something I would need to schedule ahead of time, others was just locating them. Paint shops in my town thinks RV paint difficult. In RedBay, Al. Tiffin plant, they said no big deal. Figured better to go to a place that specialize on RVs and thought I would take a tour of the plant they were offering them now.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:17 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
One thing about the various shops around the Middlebury/Shipshewana area, they do not cater to just one brand of RV. Lots for RV manufactures in the area from Goshen to Shipshewana. There is so much to choose from you can spend an extra week and not see them all. One that we have purchase wood computer stands from is the store leaving Entegra toward Shipshewana on the south side of the highway, just before rise and rolls. Looks like a farm and ranch store from the highway, but they have nice Amish made furniture inside the store. They are a store for local craftsmen that don't have store fronts, it's also a farmer market for local produce. It's a fun stop.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:24 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is starting to sound like a great little getaway. Kind of like an RV owners Disneyland. Exactly what I was hoping for.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:48 AM   #9

If you are not a vegan you need to shop for meat at Yoders meat and cheese shop in Shipshewana. Best meat in the planet!
Old 08-29-2021, 07:00 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

S & S Auto in Wakarusa does paint work. Excellent quality and they do some warranty repairs for Entegra too. Lambright in Shipshewana for furniture but Brad and Hall in Elkhart sells Lambright as well and they have a cabinet shop so if you need anything custom built they're the place. I've dealt with them all and they've done great work.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
S & S Auto in Wakarusa does paint work. Excellent quality and they do some warranty repairs for Entegra too. Lambright in Shipshewana for furniture but Brad and Hall in Elkhart sells Lambright as well and they have a cabinet shop so if you need anything custom built they're the place. I've dealt with them all and they've done great work.
Saw a couple of posts mentioning S&S. I have a couple of spots that look like the metal was not prepped properly or some oxidation under the paint causing small bubbling. Small areas but should not happen nor looks good on a '17 coach. Yes probably a little too picky.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:13 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
This is starting to sound like a great little getaway. Kind of like an RV owners Disneyland. Exactly what I was hoping for.
We stop in Shipshewana when ever we are traveling that way not even going to the factory. The cheese shop is one of our favorites as well, we fill the basement freeze.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We stop in Shipshewana when ever we are traveling that way not even going to the factory. The cheese shop is one of our favorites as well, we fill the basement freeze.
Yep, DW spent $800.00 there on our last stop
Old 08-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Yep, DW spent $800.00 there on our last stop
I think that is our average as well. It is easy to do if you enjoy wine and cheese at Happy Hour

Tags
entegra