Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Refrigerator in 2015 Aspire

Just purchased a 2015 Entegra Aspire 42 DEQ model and besides some previous owner problems we really like it. One of the issues is the refridge. The placement next to hutch wont allow the door to open fully so the ice maker and the lower bins cant be taken out (or at least I haven’t figured it out yet) Does anyone have the solution ?
Thanks for any input.
Larsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 06:05 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Hopefully someone with your year and model will respond. My first thought, is it possible the fridge has shifted back not allowing the door to fully open?
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Removing Ice Maker, etc.

I have to remove the shelves on the door to get enough room to remove the bins etc. The door shelves can be difficult to remove so be careful not to break one. Once the shelves are remove it should allow enough room to squeeze the bins out.

The next problem which I have not figured out is how to clean the bins where they connect together. Debris gets in the cracks and will not come out.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:37 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We had a 2014 Anthem 42DEQ with the same issue until we shifted the fridge a little forward and inboard. 3/4” makes a lot of difference in getting the door to open enough.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Here are several posts showing what Vance and others did. It was a know issue, easily fixed. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/42-...on-427545.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for your help and replies. I will look through the threads mentioned and get up to date on those mods.
Appreciate this forum
Larsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same issue with my 44B. The fridge is in the slide and the left door did not open enough to get the ice maker bucket out. The fridge also sat down in a recess, because the carped slide floor was higher than the slide floor where the fridge sat. That recess made it a nearly impossible to pull the fridge out also. That recess would have to be leveled to be able to mount it farther out or the fridge would be sitting at an angle. I pulled the fridge out and put plywood on the floor to raise it to the level of the carpeted slide floor. I mounted the fridge about even with the slide trim, where the door opened up enough to remove the ice maker bucket. This also makes it quite easy to pull the fridge out if I need to clean behind it now.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
I had the same issue with my 44B. The fridge is in the slide and the left door did not open enough to get the ice maker bucket out. The fridge also sat down in a recess, because the carped slide floor was higher than the slide floor where the fridge sat. That recess made it a nearly impossible to pull the fridge out also. That recess would have to be leveled to be able to mount it farther out or the fridge would be sitting at an angle. I pulled the fridge out and put plywood on the floor to raise it to the level of the carpeted slide floor. I mounted the fridge about even with the slide trim, where the door opened up enough to remove the ice maker bucket. This also makes it quite easy to pull the fridge out if I need to clean behind it now.
Just did the similar thing on my 21, except I cut the carpet around the feet to be even with the plywood in back. This lowered the refrigerator allowing it to clear better and not going down hill where the rear door was always closing. Also moved it over a hair to allow the ice maker bucket come out easier.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #9

Just curious if your 2015 refrigerator is a GE side by side that vents out the bottom?
Roadhouse38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse38 View Post
Just curious if your 2015 refrigerator is a GE side by side that vents out the bottom?
Entegra switch to Samsung in 14. When we ordered the 14, they were showing GE's, but was delivered with the Samsung. They switched while we were in production.

For those having door opening problems, post # 8 will solve the problem. The 3/8 of an inch on the carpet thickness and moving the refrigerator makes all the difference in the world. It does take about 1/2 an hour and two people is a big help.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:47 PM   #11

Thanks.. Was just curious as our 13 Aspire has the GE and it vents into the coach which makes an already warm coach in a warm climate downright hot. Was this changed in the newer coaches?
Roadhouse38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:01 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse38 View Post
Thanks.. Was just curious as our 13 Aspire has the GE and it vents into the coach which makes an already warm coach in a warm climate downright hot. Was this changed in the newer coaches?
Entegra has gone from the Samsung as stated above, to the current Whirlpools, never to change back to the GE's. All of the residential refrigerators vent inside of the coach as there is no outside vent as with the old style RV refrigerators. Newer refrigerator are more energy efficient and don't put out hot compressor exhaust as older units did.

Tags
fridge