Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I ordered the fridge fixer. You have not steered me wrong before Gary. ��. Thanks.
If fridge fixer prevents one more darn spill when I zip around a corner it will be worth it.

My coach is starting to look like an old guy who likes bungee cords, velcro, and duct tape lives in it when we travel. Time to take it up a notch.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 01:41 PM   #16

I think you will really like this addition and it will remove some of that shipping tape, duct tape, bungee cords, nylon line....

PS: its only 103 degrees this afternoon in northern Louisiana..... Cheecsh No work on the coach in this weather, hopefully everything works until at least fall....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 05:50 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I am totally confused. We have never had a refrigerator "accident." Entegra put a refrigerator lock on the French Doors and the freezer. I've got no idea what you guys are talking about. You didn't get those devices?
You are the lucky one. On our coach for some reason those latches Entegra installs - which are also very pricy - let go under certain circumstances. I have studied them many times and they appear to be failsafe and properly aligned, but nevertheless ours have let the doors open while driving on many occasions, especially the freezer drawer. I think what happens is a bump causes a slight door lift and the catch pops out of the slot, then on the next turn the doors come flying open. The Fridge fixer definitely fixes the problem and is very simple to use. Not to mention, unlike the ugly latches, it's virtually invisible when not in use.

We have the Samsung tri-door, there are no convenient screws on this model for the Fridge Fixer to attach to so it uses 3M tape. On an early version the tape let go after about a year, Carl at FF sent an entire new unit with enhanced adhesive for no charge and its been perfect for a least a couple of years now.

https://myquantumdiscovery.com/fridg...e-doors-closed

We use plastic bins to store loose items inside the fridge, mostly shoebox sized.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:11 AM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There about a bazillion fridge locks on Amazon that will do the trick for cheaper. Our last rig had a simple strap with a plastic buckle a lot like we used to use back in the day. We've used magnets and simple wedges from time to time on both RVs and boats. Dad used a good old bungie cord for years.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:00 AM   #19

I'm sure a strong section of nylon line and three knots would do the job also.

What I am trying to recommend is something that works, you can barely see when you are using it, and requires only one plastic peg to bond all three doors/chests together. For something that works well and looks good, I'll gladly spend $75. JMHO

Gary
Old 07-29-2022, 01:16 PM   #20

Gary, you should have checked with me before you parted with your hard-earned cash to buy the Fridge Fixer. I got one for free! All I had to do was purchase a Newmar Super Star...
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 02:29 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a fridge fixer before they were as expensive as they are, and spent the money on a new one when we bought our new coach even though the price had gone up. It's simple, and it works. What we like for our Class A is that it's a simple button press to remove the block and open the fridge on the road, then simple to move it back in place when we are done getting what we want out. It's magnetic, so it sticks on the fridge - again, convenient.

In addition, we had one break and the company was awesome. Sent a new one out immediately and apologized for the problem. A company that stands behind their product.

Yes, we could have used the Winnebago supplied screw in knob, or we could have use various straps etc. But the simplicity of using the FF was what we wanted.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:28 PM   #22

Larry

You always were a "prince".... and find an economical solution for every situation.

Gary
Old 07-31-2022, 10:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Gary, you should have checked with me before you parted with your hard-earned cash to buy the Fridge Fixer. I got one for free! All I had to do was purchase a Newmar Super Star...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Larry

You always were a "prince".... and find an economical solution for every situation.

Gary
Gary, in addition to the "free" Fridge Fixer, there is another thing you’d like about the Newmar Super Star. Which is that the cruise control is the plain ol' non-adaptive variety.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:18 PM   #24

Hi, Gary.

We have a Travel Supreme and they didn't "upgrade" to residential refrigerators before going out of business. Ours has never opened; I think it's a Dometic. However, we did have Gulf Stream MH as our 2nd RV. That refrigerator door was nearly impossible to keep closed while driving (as well as many other problems with it, including placing the diesel generator in a totally enclosed compartment, which caused it to run out of oxygen before it could overheat!). When I removed the plastic framing around the refrigerator, I found out that the opening for the refrigerator was too narrow. Over time, that caused the plastic around the door opening to slightly warp corset-like and thus the door would never completely close. After enlarging the opening and forcing the sides apart, it got better but it was never perfect. We traded it in for the Travel Supreme. I just hope that someone finally put it out of its misery (recalling Col. Potter's Jeep in a great MASH episode involving Maj. Burns running it over with a tank).
jaysigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:22 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Back about 3 or 4 years ago, a "hot" topic here on the reflector was the fact that many of us experienced problems with the doors of our refrigerator coming open when rounding a curve... This almost a must have addition to any French door coach refrigerator.
So for those of us with this problem and a 2 door fridge, does anyone know of an alternative?
Old 08-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #26

Mark

Look at the inventor of this loc's web page. He lists all refrig models it will fit on.

Look for other models and email him directly. He used a computer controlled 3-D printer to make the main lock "pin" and "holder" it fits in. No reason the basic design could not be easily modified to lots of other configs.

Gary
Old 08-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #27

Jay

I think that Col. Potter shot it also to put it out of its misery. Maybe a different episode.

Gary
Old 08-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
I guess I drive too slow. My Norcold has never come open. Nor have any of my cabinet doors. Except for one that the latch had broke and it slid part way out but nothing was lost.

I also drive with my toaster, coffee maker, Ice Maker on the kitchen counters. I did lose a box of kleenix one time down between the slide-out and the divider cabinet. That was fun getting out.

So if you see a Winnebago Journey with Minnesota license plates just go ahead and pass me.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors, refrigerator, travel