Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2022, 01:04 AM   #43

Here's my homemade fix. Pretty easy to put together, super simple to operate, padded backing - no scuffing of fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge Lock 1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	378262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge Lock 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	378263  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge Lock 3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	378264  
Chieflou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2022, 01:47 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieflou View Post
Here's my homemade fix. Pretty easy to put together, super simple to operate, padded backing - no scuffing of fridge.
Nice, same concept as the Fridge Fixer. How does the base for the rod attach to the fridge? Magnet? Adhesive?
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:16 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
These Gear Ties are simple and effective for the refrigerator as well as any cabinets that have handles you can thread through.

These things are so handy but they seem to evaporate. As you can see there are many size options and colors.
Thats what I use, also for tying up tall wine or liquor bottles.
Harbor Freight
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:16 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieflou View Post
Nice, where do you get the parts?
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #47

Thanks guys. Here's a reprint of a previous post.

Forgive "novel length" post. But figured detail would help fellow RVrs build their own.

RV Fridge Lock Parts List:
3M VHB Adhesive Tape
Stainless Steel Taper Head Screw (1/2” long 6mm-1.00 thread)
Stainless Steel Fender Washer (1 1/2” OD)
Stainless Steel Hexagonal Threaded Standoff/coupling nut/”Rod Nut” (M6 X 1-pitch, 30mm length)
Stainless Steel 6mm-1.00 thread nut (jam nut)
“Quick Latch” Quick Release Latch (make sure to order with stud long enough to extend 3/4” past front surface of doors, I used 4”)
Shepherd Hardware 3” Round Carpet Base Furniture Cup

How to Assemble:

Mount furniture cup to latch:
- Adjust latch mounting nut flush with latching surface then clean and apply 3M tape, leaving hole in tape slightly larger than stud ball end.
– Drill hole in furniture cup slightly larger than stud ball end.
– Peel tape backing and attach latch to furniture cup making sure it’s centered. Attaching latch to stud and lowering cup over stud helps here.
Note: You can use adhesive tape primer if desired. I didn’t, just cleaned well finishing with alcohol and have had no issue with tape loosening.

Latch stud portion assembly:
- Enlarge hole in fender washer so head of taper screw is flush, or very close, with washer surface. You have the thickness of the tape as additional margin.
- Install taper head screw through fender washer into rod nut and tighten.
- Cut tape and cover rear side of washer (2 half-moon pieces unless you splurge for 3M tape wide as the washer). Unless screw head is perfectly flush with washer surface, do not cover head of screw with tape.
- Mount stud so it’s centered in the gaps between upper doors and lower drawer.
- Thread jam nut onto latch stud then screw stud into rod nut til it bottoms out on taper head screw.
- Close doors and click on latch/cup assembly. Measure gap between cup carpet side and door surface then cut stud to length accordingly. You will adjust stud in and out of the rod nut to get just the right pressure of the carpet against the doors. Doesn’t have to be super tight, just snug. Once adjusted, tighten jam nut down against rod nut.
That’s it … try it out!

The first time you click the latch on and off a few times, I dare you to not say “Oh. My. Gosh!”

P.S. - I didn’t provide links to any of the parts because I like to support hometown merchants whenever possible and I hope you do too. Plus, gathering the pieces in the store and fitting them together as you go ensures you have the right parts. With the exception of the quick release latch, you should be able to source everything at your local hardware store. Google "quick release latch" to find it online.
Chieflou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors, refrigerator, travel