Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2020, 10:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
Thanks Gary , yes I made that assumption so my bad for not posting that the info , but I shouldn't have not been called out in that manner,

Again my apologies for not posting the model

Again thanks to all who responded..

RV Guide specs shows

Refridgerator-----Full Size----Electric/Propane
That was WHY I asked about posting Brand/Model
Which would have been easier then posting a picture of label

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2014-...-42deq-tr17153
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
RV Guide specs shows

Refridgerator-----Full Size----Electric/Propane
That was WHY I asked about posting Brand/Model
Which would have been easier then posting a picture of label

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2014-...-42deq-tr17153
What would have been easier would be to look where you were posting to and see that it was an Entegra specific forum and not a general motorhome forum. I could see the need for posting a make and model if posting in the latter forum but not the former. Chastising the original poster like that was not constructive or helpful at all.

By the way I would find a better resource for looking up RV specs, that one is so full of errors that it is totally unreliable.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:28 PM   #17

Never ASSUME.......

So posting details is ALWAYS helfpfull for better responses

Asked twice what fridge was -------

MH folks are so sensitive.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 PM   #18

We are all getting a tad testy due to the C-19.
Understandably so.
Also when we have an issue one tends to overlook the obvious at times. At least I do.

Glad you got it going again.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:22 PM   #19

Not sensitive at all ,

and some folks are just salty ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Never ASSUME.......

So posting details is ALWAYS helfpfull for better responses

Asked twice what fridge was -------

MH folks are so sensitive.
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #20

Old 06-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Send a message via Yahoo to FOSJ
About 18 months ago our Samsung fridge started acting up. We'd wake up or return home to find temps in the 50's and soft ice cream in the freezer. A check of the temps on the information screen showed -8 and 38 degrees. That led me to believe the electronics weren't telling the fridge it needed to cool things down. I could unplug it from power, and restart it and it would cool down quickly and work appropriately for a few weeks before stopping again. This continued over and over with the intervals between stops getting shorter until it was happening every few days.

I called a national appliance repair shop and made an appointment. The repair tech called the day of the appointment to confirm our location. As we discussed the issue he was pretty certain he knew what the issue was...a bad primary PC board.

We were located over an hour's drive away so he asked if I was 'handy' and interested in repairing it myself. I said yes. So he gave me the part number and told me it was available on Amazon (for less than he would have to charge), then he cancelled the service call.

I ordered the card (determined it was the wrong card upon receipt) and eventually identified the correct card with the help of Samsung's parts department (Samsung's tech support was useless).

Installed the new card and everything has worked flawlessly now for over a year. Saved at least $300 because of no diagnostic and repair visits. I would normally call and compliment the repair tech (ThanksTim!), but the company might not want to know how much he helped me.

As far as accessing the fridge...used a furniture dolly to lift the front edge while my wife and I 'walked' it out the tight confines where it is located in our 14 Anthem 42DEQ.
FOSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:12 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Do you have the part information? A Samsung repair tech came out and replaced the compressor but freezer still isn't working. He had a board with him but felt it was a compressor issue and didn't replace the board. The repair company isnt returning our calls for some reason. Thank you.
MrsMoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator