Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2023, 04:30 PM   #1

Remco vs Shurflo

2021 Anthem...shurflu 4048 just went out...if I recall past posts, the Remco Aquajet 5.3 seems to be the go to replacement pump?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 04:54 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thats what we did on our new coach - been about 5 months, full time living. We are happy with the Aquajet.
SavageNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:55 PM   #3

In my experience, the Aquajet pumps are definitely superior to the Shurflo pumps.

You can go with the Aquajet AES which is rated at 3.4 gallons per minute or the Aquajet ARV which is rated at 5.3 gallons per minute. My wife and I have years of experience with AES pumps in a 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus and a 2018 Entegra Cornerstone. Very satisfied in both cases and never felt the need for the higher flow rate of the ARV pump.

I purchased from Fresh Water Systems in Greenville, South Carolina and was very satisfied with their pricing and customer service. Here are links to the AES and ARV pumps on their web site. As you'll see, the price difference isn't much, so it comes down to personal preference.

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...-3-4-gpm-12vdc

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...-5-3-gpm-12vdc

As a side note, when I installed the Aquajet pump in our 2018 Cornerstone I left the factory-installed Shurflo pump in place on semi-hot standby.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:02 PM   #4

Appreciate your response
Old 01-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #5

Our current shurflo is 5 gpm flow, so I think the 5.3 Remco would be the go to (like) pump.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Our current shurflo is 5 gpm flow, so I think the 5.3 Remco would be the go to (like) pump.
Not trying to dissuade you from going with the higher flow Remco Aquajet pump, but based on the manufacturer's documentation the max flow rate of the Shuflo 4048 pump is 4.0 GPM:

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc...flow-pump.html

Also keep in mind that most if not all of the water outlets in your coach have flow restrictors that will limit the output to substantially less than 4 GPM. As such, the higher-capacity pump is only advantageous if you're running water from multiple outlets at the same time.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Not trying to dissuade you from going with the higher flow Remco Aquajet pump, but based on the manufacturer's documentation the max flow rate of the Shuflo 4048 pump is 4.0 GPM:

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc...flow-pump.html

Also keep in mind that most if not all of the water outlets in your coach have flow restrictors that will limit the output to substantially less than 4 GPM. As such, the higher-capacity pump is only advantageous if you're running water from multiple outlets at the same time.
My mistake, current pump is 4.0 gpm. We have a washer, and 2 baths...and a Wife that has all going at same time...we (she) has actually had washer error code low water flow when using shower at same time, and even toilet flushing, and dish washing when clothes washer is running. So I'm thinking the additional water flow would help with the multiple faucets that run during the day.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:48 PM   #8

We have removed the restrictors in our faucets as well.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don’t doubt the Remco pump is better.
I replaced the pump in my 17 Cornerstone with a Shurflo pump off Amazon a couple of years ago. I just checked and it is about 75 dollars now.

I remember it was a pain to get to. It was hard to get my big head and arms in the small space inside the wet bay.

I think that pump died from lack of use. We were bouncing straight from campground to campground and the pump was just used to flush toilets and wash hands on travel days.

I have tried to make sure the pump gets regular use now. But if / when I need a new pump I might try a Remco.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post

I remember it was a pain to get to. It was hard to get my big head and arms in the small space inside the wet bay.

I think that pump died from lack of use. We were bouncing straight from campground to campground and the pump was just used to flush toilets and wash hands on travel days.

I have tried to make sure the pump gets regular use now. But if / when I need a new pump I might try a Remco.
Yes, the OEM location is ridiculous. This is why both Larry and I modified ours in. The AES is infinitely better than my old sureflo.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/lar...ed-568719.html
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:51 AM   #11

Bruce, your approach to mounting the Remco pump on top of the macerator was definitely superior to what I did. My approach allowed for easy removal & replacement of the pump should that become necessary, but if the macerator needs repair or replacement what I did will add considerable time to that job.

Short version, if I had it do do again I would do exactly what you did.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Bruce, your approach to mounting the Remco pump on top of the macerator was definitely superior to what I did. My approach allowed for easy removal & replacement of the pump should that become necessary, but if the macerator needs repair or replacement what I did will add considerable time to that job.

Short version, if I had it do do again I would do exactly what you did.
Ya, it allowed me to mount the pump on the PVC while on the picnic table rather than humped over the water bay. Then it's just plug the 12v in and hook up 2 soft lines.

FYI, I tried the ARV first and ended top returning it. (ya, I got away with it) I ended up with the AES. We boondocks a lot and the wife does NOT know how to conserve water. The ARV pumps significantly more volume than the AES. Both are quiet as a mouse and both give us plenty of pressure.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 02:34 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Amp Draw

Gentlemen,

I notice the specs list the amp draw for the 2 pumps mentioned at 6.5 & 10. Do either of you know if the factory wiring will accommodate the elevated 10 amp draw?

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrig2 View Post
Gentlemen,

I notice the specs list the amp draw for the 2 pumps mentioned at 6.5 & 10. Do either of you know if the factory wiring will accommodate the elevated 10 amp draw?

Thank you in advance.
According to spec on the 4048, it's at 15 amps.