RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Remote Sat. dish setup

We are at a remote location in the trees and our on-board sat- reciever is blocked. We have a dish ready to be installed in a clearing, but I do not know the settings for the input/ output for the selector panel. Until I can see the dish through the Sat-reciever I will be unable point it....Any help would be appreciated !!
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
We are at a remote location in the trees and our on-board sat- reciever is blocked. We have a dish ready to be installed in a clearing, but I do not know the settings for the input/ output for the selector panel. Until I can see the dish through the Sat-reciever I will be unable point it....Any help would be appreciated !!
I don't think we have enough information to be able to help you. What dish are you using? What receiver box? What network are you connecting to?
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #3

If you provide your location we can give you the azmith. elevation and skew for your dish setting. Must of course know the satellite you are trying to aim for. If you provide the service provider info as noted above we could figure out the satellite(s) you are seeking.

Don't have enough info re the routing in your coach, but obviously you must connect the coax from the dish to the satellite receiver input.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I have the azmith etc for the Dishnetwork. I find only one coaxial input on the coach...This is the one that is for cable TV input....On my 2013 Aspire is there a deadicated input for the remote sat antenna ?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra returned my call....For the info of others ... On the back of the Entertainment switch box the coxial cable input from the basement needs to be removed and installed on the sat- reciever in postion...This would need to done anytime you go from remote sat. to cable TV , Or as they suggested install a simple A/B switch and be done with it....Les
Old 07-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Entegra returned my call....For the info of others ... On the back of the Entertainment switch box the coxial cable input from the basement needs to be removed and installed on the sat- reciever in postion...This would need to done anytime you go from remote sat. to cable TV , Or as they suggested install a simple A/B switch and be done with it....Les
That's exactly what I did on my coach. I can plug either a portable dish or the campground cable into the external connector and just flip an A/B switch inside.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Yep, put in a good A/B switch and be done. I hooked mine up for easy rememberance.....A=Above, B=Below
Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

An A/B switch works great for selecting your SAT receiver's input, between an external dish and rooftop dish or dome. But you still need another step to switch over your external feed between cable TV and an external satellite dish unless you want to connect and reconnect cables all the time. For that you'll need a diplexer.

A diplexer looks like your basic cable TV splitter but the internals are different. It's actually a switch that connects the one common terminal to either output terminal. One terminal is labeled "Sat" and the other "RF" or something like that. You'll connect thecommon terminal to your external coax, the "Sat" terminal to your sat receiver's A/B switch, and the RF terminal to your cable TV distribution system.

The diplexer will look at the incoming signal and determine whether it is a high band satellite feed or a low band cable TV feed and select the appropriate output automatically. Diplexers are small and very inexpensive and can be found at any store dealing with satellite TV, such as Best Buy or Radio Shack. They are compact, automatic and can be stuffed behind your gear out of site. When you plug your external jack to a cable TV connection you'll send the feed to your CATV distribution system but if you connect a remote satellite dish to that connection it'll send it to the receiver.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #9

[if your remote dish happens to be a Tailgater this all may not work. The Tailgater receives its power through the RG6 line and doesn't work well through switches and adapters!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #10

Are both the Eastern Arc and Western arc blocked, if you have Dish?

We have gone up to the roof a few times and changed the dip switches on the in-motion satelite dish to switch between arcs.

It worked about half of the times

Wayne

Quote:
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
[if your remote dish happens to be a Tailgater this all may not work. The Tailgater receives its power through the RG6 line and doesn't work well through switches and adapters!
My Tailgater is connected through an A/B switch with no problems.