I finally got around to replacing the last 3 marker lights on my front cap. (Classic) The original factory light had 2 lights, and mine were down to one working in each. After changing 2 of them last year, and reading posts on here of others, I found an easy way to get them out far enough to splice in new ones, and seal up.
Taking the screws out and the lens off is easy, and may take a little prying to break free the lens where it was sealed in. I then broke off each side of the light fixture to where just the center where the lights are were left. I then took a pair of plyers, and gently twisted left and right while pulling trying to get a little slack in the wires to where I could get a small punch screw driver in to push holes through the black plug around the wires that that seals the large hole that was cut for these lights. Once the holes are punched around the wires, it will pull out with plenty of slack to splice in the new light. I did have to dig out a small amount of the plug to get the splice back through, then sealing it up is very easy with the rest of the plug left in place.
Used clear silicone on the back, and need to go back and put brown caulk around the outside to conceal the white around each light left by the back plate. Should not have to mess with this again. These replacement did have the trim piece, and I did put them on, the original lights did not have trip - just caulked in.