Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by royellithorp View Post
Regarding pulling the generator out further. I have a Travel Supreme. When I work on the wipers or hydraulic levelers I just pull the T pin on the lower RH corner of the generator slide which releases the front cover to slide out. The generator stays put, there is tons of room to work.Attachment 262341Attachment 262342
Thanks, that is the item I was looking for and saw on a 16 or 17 Aspire. Now I have to check and see if this is on the 17 Anthem. Would sure make things a lot easier. Also, your post brings up another thought and that is to remove the front cover and retract the gen set. I will be getting the parts at the ECOA Rally at the Balloon Fiesta next week and would like to get this done while I am there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
Sorry for the late reply, we've been travelling today. The timing between the pivot shaft and the connecting solid link rod is critical. The solid link needs to be at the 3 0'clock position vewied head on for the drivers side when the pivot shaft eccentric is connected to it.If not, the timing gets screwed up between DS and ODS wipers and they will collide or worse.

Even the "best wiper tech" at NIRVC/Las Vegas screwed it up on our coach on the first shot, a1.5 hour job wound up taking 7 hours as he had to re-time the linkage after he had it reassembles, had to take it all aprt and start over :-((

Any questions about replacing the pivot shaft, talk to Shawn at Diesel Equipment Co., they are the OEM supplier to Entegra....the guy knows his stuff and is very willing to help you....336-373-8331. listen to the options menu and go to wiper technoligies, either Gayke or Shawn will anser!

Great place to buy your spare blades or replacement parts as well, very reasonable.....
Thanks for the info, I will certainly take a good look and some pics before I take it apart.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #17

The spline shaft is made of hardened steel. No way the pot metal from the fitting on the wiper arm can strip the splines. I thought it was stripped too when our driver side arm played the mating game with my side mirror. It looks really stripped, but put a wire brush to the splines and they will clean up fine.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
The spline shaft is made of hardened steel. No way the pot metal from the fitting on the wiper arm can strip the splines. I thought it was stripped too when our driver side arm played the mating game with my side mirror. It looks really stripped, but put a wire brush to the splines and they will clean up fine.
I hear you. Will look again before I tear everything apart, but when I had it off it looked pretty much gone.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:05 PM   #19

Wiper blade.

2015 Aspire, I replaced the wipers on my coach with the regular ones or the ones that are suppose to be on it. Now I sorry I didn’t go with the shorter ones. The drivers side slaps when it reached the far left side. When I it was at the RV doc I asked if they could lower it one spline. They said no it would hit when they came together. What do you think, it drives the DW up the wall so need to do something, thanks b.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
I hear you. Will look again before I tear everything apart, but when I had it off it looked pretty much gone.
Jim, i had the same thought as you when I thought mine had stripped out, but as the others posted, it was not. The soft pot metal from the wiper will completely cover the splines, because they had not been torqued properly, making it look like it's stripped. Take a razorblade knife and scraped out the pot metal then wire brush. I also replaced the blades with 36 inch instead of the 39 inch.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:21 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
Sorry for the late reply, we've been travelling today. The timing between the pivot shaft and the connecting solid link rod is critical. The solid link needs to be at the 3 0'clock position vewied head on for the drivers side when the pivot shaft eccentric is connected to it.If not, the timing gets screwed up between DS and ODS wipers and they will collide or worse.

Even the "best wiper tech" at NIRVC/Las Vegas screwed it up on our coach on the first shot, a1.5 hour job wound up taking 7 hours as he had to re-time the linkage after he had it reassembles, had to take it all aprt and start over :-((

Any questions about replacing the pivot shaft, talk to Shawn at Diesel Equipment Co., they are the OEM supplier to Entegra....the guy knows his stuff and is very willing to help you....336-373-8331. listen to the options menu and go to wiper technoligies, either Gayke or Shawn will anser!

Great place to buy your spare blades or replacement parts as well, very reasonable.....
When I did the pivot arm on my 2017 passenger side, there was no need to mess with the timing. Just pop off the E-ring to remove the pivot arm from the linkage bushing. Thread the new unit in to the cap nut, slip on the linkage and reinstall the E-ring. No need to mess with any adjustments. The driver side pivot arm is a different part number but looks the same and should essentially be the same procedure to replace.

Here's the parts diagram:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c78...w?usp=drivesdk
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Rob, thanks for the parts diagram. Did your pivot arm splines deteriorate from the slippage? The posts that they can be cleaned and reused has me wondering.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all of the input on the pivot shaft. When I looked again and compared the existing one with the new one I realized that what I thought was worn down was just the original taper. Cleaned the shaft with a knife and wire brush and put the new arm on, retorqued to 65 #'s and all seems fine. I still have the new pivot shaft if things don't work out, something to add to the bin used for "just in case" stuff ;-)
Old 10-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Rob, thanks for the parts diagram. Did your pivot arm splines deteriorate from the slippage? The posts that they can be cleaned and reused has me wondering.
No, but I had to replace mine anyway because the thread for the nut that holds on the wiper stripped and couldnt be tightened.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace