Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #1

Replacement batteries for TPMS Valor

I will be replacing all 8 tires in a few weeks as they have all reached 5yrs old. I need to replace the batteries in the valor tpms that came with the coach. Any idea what I need and where to get them?
lavocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2023, 12:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Derek Stewart 734 634-3278 is the VALOR Rep.

They are about $75 each. I have decided not to replace mine but go back with a traditional TPMS. Batteries can be replaced and are much cheaper.

Gary S.
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:58 PM   #3

I have made the SAME decision as the other Gary immediately above. The sensors are expensive and you have to remove the tires to replace them (I know you are planning on replacing tires anyhow) but my experience with two different sets of new sensors all the way around on my 19 Cornerstone in 5 years (first complete set replaced under warranty) is that they just are not worth the cost. I really liked when they all worked but after a year to 2 years in my experience, you start "missing" up to half or more of your tires on the display and many "come and go" randomly.

So, I invested in the TST TPMS system all around including the toad and that is the system for the future. My batteries can be easily replaced every year at virtually no cost. Sorry to lose digital dash display, but the cost just does not make sense to me. I had TireMinders before on my Anthem and thought they were a fine unit, but decided to try TST this time.

They say that the battery life on the new coaches is better but I have not read reports from newer coach owners yet, but it does me no good anyway.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on the TST replacement. Considering they never worked consistently when the batteries were good, giving Valor any more money just seemed masochistic.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have made the SAME decision as the other Gary immediately above. The sensors are expensive and you have to remove the tires to replace them (I know you are planning on replacing tires anyhow) but my experience with two different sets of new sensors all the way around on my 19 Cornerstone in 5 years (first complete set replaced under warranty) is that they just are not worth the cost. I really liked when they all worked but after a year to 2 years in my experience, you start "missing" up to half or more of your tires on the display and many "come and go" randomly.

So, I invested in the TST TPMS system all around including the toad and that is the system for the future. My batteries can be easily replaced every year at virtually no cost. Sorry to lose digital dash display, but the cost just does not make sense to me. I had TireMinders before on my Anthem and thought they were a fine unit, but decided to try TST this time.

They say that the battery life on the new coaches is better but I have not read reports from newer coach owners yet, but it does me no good anyway.

Gary
Which TST did you go with?
Old 01-30-2023, 02:18 PM   #6

The "thru-sensor type" for all aluminum/steel tire air shafts and "end cap type" for all my rubber Honda tire air stems. That is TST's recommendation, and I followed their advice.

Gary
Old 01-30-2023, 04:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
X4 or 5
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:04 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
X6
$75 a battery needs to last 7 years the tire will last and work well.
Even that is 600 bucks just for 8 small batteries.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:06 PM   #9

Do any of you who are abandoning the valor tmps system have the set up tool, and if so would you want to sell it? Please pm me if you do.

Thanks, Jon
Lundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #10

I agree with everyone here that it is not worth changing the batteries in the Valor TPMS. Now the question is can you turn it off by unplugging something or pulling a fuse?
Old 02-02-2023, 07:40 AM   #11

Gerald

When you figure it out, be sure to tell me (although when all the batteries are shot, then they should disappear from the screen).

My strange situation is that I had the Rettrobands installed when the coach was 4 years old and the Michelin 365s had roughly 50,000 miles on them (looked new), so were required to replace with new Michelin 365s (to avoid tearing the beads on the old tires) and replacing transmitters on those new tires was included as part of the deal, so now for maybe three or four years, I'm going to have pressures and warnings on the dash for steer tires ONLY with the rest of that screen blank).

I'll get used to it !!

PS.... I really can "feel the presence" of those Rettrobands on my coach at highway speeds. I used to grip the steering wheel with both hands like iron vices because of my fear of a front tire blowout (my biggest fear when driving a coach). I still grasp the steering wheel with both hands 80% of the time, but the "vice-like grip" has been replaced with a more casual, less "finger cramping" grip, now that the Rettrobands are installed. I have said before, but will repeat, the single best addition to my Cornerstone coach since new.

Gary
Old 02-02-2023, 06:27 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gary,

At least you will have the front tire transmitters working the longest. I consider them the most important by far.

I agree with you on the retro bands. Easily the best mod to the coach and an add I hope I never truly need them.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, batteries, replace, replacement, tpms