Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Replacement cockpit carpet

I contacted Wade RV to find out about a replacement cockpit carpet. We saw Pat and Medarda's a couple years ago and liked the pile much more than the non-durable pile Entegra installed in 2014s. I received a quick reply, they don't keep any templates, custom cut each order so to buy from them I have to bring the coach to Tampa! Their price seemed pretty high also, $300 for cockpit, add $25 for steps. Maybe I'm just cheap?

Does anyone know a supplier that works from templates? Seems that if Magna Shade can do it a carpet cutter could do it also.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #2

Wades carpet may be priced too high and obviously you're not going to Tampa but I have to tell you we had Wades entry carpet and step rugs in our 09 Allegro Bus and it was still in incredible condition with just a little wear at my heel area in front of the throttle peddle/ brake peddle when we moved into our Anthem last November. The quality of that carpet while a little on the commercial side will long outlast the factory entry carpet in our Anthem. Just an FYI !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #3

FWIW, replacement carpets from Entegra are in the $250 plus range. $300 apiece for commercial quality seems ballpark ok.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
FWIW, replacement carpets from Entegra are in the $250 plus range. $300 apiece for commercial quality seems ballpark ok.

I can't see $250 for the Entegra carpet. If I was near Tampa I would probably pick up a new carpet from Wade's even though I think it's high priced. It looked very good and durable in Pat's coach.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:39 PM   #5

We purchased entry step carpet from Wade at $75 for the 3 steps custom measured. We like it very much and when the cockpit carpet needs replacing I think I would look for same quality as our entry steps but a different template for sure. I'm not fond of that huge piece that is a pain to remove for a good cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, any local carpet company that carries commercial grade carpet can make a front carpet from your pattern and bind it. Wades carpet is just a commercial grade carpet. A non RV supplier is probably going to be less than 1/2 price before RV is added in front of the name In my area you should see what some of the boat upholstery guys can do and they come to you. Ten time harder use than a MH gets and not that expensive.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, carpet, replace, replacement