Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #1

Replacement door

Some kid ran a stop light this morning and broadsided the Aspire. I got lucky in where he hit - forward of the main axle on the driver's side. No chassis damage, the radiator is still there, etc., and I believe that the fiberglass panel over the tires is repairable.

However, the door to the water compartment is definitely a total loss, together with its liner. I think I recall someone mentioning that these are hard to get or take a long time. I'll call Entegra on Monday, but I'm pretty sure that I have to order it through a dealer (none are around here) and wait.

We were supposed to start a 5000 mile trip in 3 weeks. Not looking so good now. Does anyone have a line on where I can order a door to expedite the repairs?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
We were supposed to start a 5000 mile trip in 3 weeks. Not looking so good now. Does anyone have a line on where I can order a door to expedite the repairs?
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully the driver was insured.

I would be pleasently surprised if you could have a finished door assembly in 3 weeks. My plan B would be to get the unfinished door mounted and temporarily "dress" it with some similar color primer/spray paint and the iRV2 logo, so we can recognize you rolling down the highway.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #3

Big "OUCH" bandaid and keep rolling
Old 06-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #4

Unfortunately I banged in a door on our Anthem a couple of years ago. It took about 6 weeks with a lot of phone calls trying to move it along. It does have to be ordered through a dealer. Hopefully they have streamlined the process since then.I really feel sorry for your predicament.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There have been a couple of posts here where others have dealt directly with the door manufacture. I think DebbieH might have been one of them. Sorry, but the search function no longer works for me or I would try to find it for you.

Really sorry to hear about the accident before the trip. It is amazing how someone that is a licensed driver cant's see a big motorhome.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck is right ... we had our wet bay door and the 50 amp door damaged. It takes quite a while to get the doors. Actually, you can order them directly from Entegra and they will ship to a location of your choice. It will take more than your 3 weeks, however. Our 50 amp door arrived and it was wrong, so Entegra had to ship another one and it didn't arrive until after we left for our 5 month trip. So, now I have a wet bay door without any paint on it and a dented in 50 amp door. Luckily they are on the driver's side, so I don't have to sit outside and look at them every day!

My advice, if you can drive the coach and no water gets in the bays, order the doors from Entegra, and still go on your trip. That's what I'm doing ... Cherokee Farms in Foley, AL will hold my one door until I return in the fall and then will paint both of them. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:13 AM   #7

I ordered a replacement cargo door directly from Entegra on 4/7 and it shipped on 4/25. We live in Florida and so it took about a week to receive it. As others have mentioned they will ship to any address you provide them.
Our door came with the hinges and latch installed so as long as your mounting frame is OK you could just install it on the road and get it painted later. Just a thought.
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Replacement door

Wow.. We recently needed to replace three cargo doors .. All were ordered from Entegra and sent to the collision shop. The measurement process took 3 months.. And the production of those doors took another 8 weeks! Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Krafty52k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #9

Not sure if your on the West coast but I would give Beaver Coach a call up in Bend Oregon.
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, door, replace, replacement