Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #71

Thanks to Gasman II for posting the contact info for the lights that were originally on my coach, when it left the factory (before the selling dealer swapped them out).

I contacted Leslie and ordered a set of the original lights, and installed them over the weekend.

Since the holes were already there, I decided to go this route, rather than creating a third set of holes.
carcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE ON 2019 TURN SIGNALS:

I had a call from Entegra today, they are as concerned about the lack of DOT approved reflective turn signals on the market as we are. Our concern has not fallen of deaf ears.

Entegra is having the same type of 2019 reflective light made that will flash. There is no set date for availability, but I was told they will be plug and play for the non flashing lights.

I do not know, nor does Entegra when these will be available. I also do not know if they will be available for purchase for those that do not have flashing side lights.

The only thing that is for sure is Entegra is working on it and is concerned as we are about lane changing safety.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
carcrzy,

Glad to hear that worked out for you. When I talked to Leslie a month ago she said they had a couple hundred of the amber in stock.

Chuck,
Sounds like Entegra is on track to resolve the turn signal / reflector issue......good news.
Your new coach may end up with side signals from Entegra.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post

Chuck,
Sounds like Entegra is on track to resolve the turn signal / reflector issue......good news.
Your new coach may end up with side signals from Entegra.
Richard
It "might" make it, but I think it might be completed before the new lights are ready. I already have the 35 LED lights and will probably change them anyhow. The new lights are still only going to be 2 LED's but at least they will flash.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
After our long weekend - 350 miles with today in heavy rain most of the day - we can say that the replacement lights we installed were very visible and really helped. I'm glad that Entegra is aware of the problem and working on a solution but, if their solution is a flashing version of the current light, that's still only going to be 2 LED lights per fixture. Not the safest option IMHO. Still better than nothing.

What was really scary today was the number of times we had to dodge people who were weaving because they were too busy looking at their phones instead of the road. Reading and texting while driving is truly epidemic - from young people in cars to semi drivers old enough to be lecturing their own teens. Rant over. Be careful out there.

BTW - the new coach was did very well. Nothing significant surfaced and we spent the whole time testing every system we could find again. This was our final run before heading out west in less than a month. Chuck, if our coach is any indication of the QC being done, then it's only cosmetic items that are still being missed. Unfortunate but certainly better than what we got with our Classic. And apologies for going off topic.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #76

What does Newmar use, they advertise that the side lights flash with the turn signals. I think they are quite bright but only 2 LEDs per light
Old 05-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #77

2 LED turn signal side lights are just not going to be adequate as a permanent fix.

If I could get a company to make the turn signal light that I really want to buy, it would be a very small flat topped pyramid shape light which protrudes out away from the side of the coach about the same distance as the blind side sensors currently protrude, and because they would be pyramid shaped, there would be LED lights, many of them, facing out and toward the rear (where cars in the other lane would be positioned) and an equal number of bright LEDs facing forward (so someone coming at you could also see your intention), and I would have 3 or 4 down the side, equally spaced: In front of the steers, on one of the basement doors, and one between the drive and tag (and maybe one on the back corner). Perfect. If we are getting something designed for optimal use, that would be the design, IMO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #78

[emoji41][emoji106]. Sounds great Gary, put me down for 8.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, for enough money, you can get anything made. Or you can go the diode method that Magic Carpet posted and make any light on the market flash. Is it a lot of work.......yes.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have been doing a lot of research for good looking plug and play lights and I may have found them. I want to thank Magic Carpet, Jeanne and Rick White for sharing ideas and links with me which I will post.

These are the best lights I have found so far that are turn and marker 3 wire lights. They are flush mount 6" X 2.8" and can be mounted with or without the bezel. The bullet connectors I have used plugging into the Spartan factory plug and they seems to seal fine. I used liquid electrical tape around the connection for a double seal.
These lights come in different sets, see the bottom of the linked pages.
https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Signal...partsam+3+wire

Partsam 4x Red/Amber 6" 35LED Tear Drop Stop Turn Tail Lights Chrome Bezels Truck Trailer: Automotive

Rick White, of hdgoldie shared this link which are a Peterbuilt style 3 wire lights.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14x-6-5-LED...-/252710609608

To do factory wiring, Jeanne, Magic carpet has researched her tail off and was kind enough to share these links for the plug kit and tool.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weat...72.m2749.l2649

Tool to take factory light plugs apart.
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Packar...atherpack+tool

I hope others will post lights they have found that others may like. I am sorry I do not have a coach yet to do a photo post of the mod, hopefully someone else can post that.

None of these lights are reflective, but they are safe marker/turn signals. Looks like the light manufactures don't care if they are reflective because they do not make them that I can find.
Some more options for plug parts and tool:
https://www.delcity.net/store/Weathe...97654.h_797655

https://www.delcity.net/store/Metri!...04412.h_810949

No need to purchase the entire plug assembly only to use half of it. All we really need is the terminals and tool. And you can actually remove the terminals with a very thin screwdriver blade (I had to grind and then file it down) . Inset it at a 90 degree's to the slot in terminal (there are two tabs 180 deg apart) while pushing with a drift pin. alternate sides and they pop right out. The tool should be easier though. I also found the light kits (Tear drop style) at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2xRed-2xAmb...-/172479789863

The 2 Amber lights I purchased for trial were $19.69. From same vendor.

This is all FWIW and hope it may help someone.
Hivoltmaint. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:00 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Since this post was brought back to life, thanks Matt, Here is an update from Pat Carroll at Entegra.

Entegra was having the 2 LED reflective DOT approved side light/turn signals made to be installed on the newer 19 models. These were not going to be ready until June or July. If they are being installed yet, I won't know until I pick up my coach next week. I also don't know if they will be available for resale or reship for those that have had the disappointing mod completed.

I have purchased the 35 LED tear drop lights and will still change mine out as I still want bright turn signals and not concerned about being reflective.

Tags
ace, light, lights, recall, replace, replacement