Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #1

Replacement/Spare Parts

Compiling a list of what I think I want to carry in the coach for spare parts.

Using the Stickie posted above, I was thinking of using Napa Auto Parts for some of these items.
For Example: 450 ISL:
Primary Fuel Filter choices are either Fleetguard FS 1065 or Baldwin BF1378-SPS.
The equivalent Napa part is 3965 Napa brand.

OK to use these equivalent parts or should I stay with what is call out for in the stickie?
Thanks in advance.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #2

Napa filters are made by WIX. WIX makes probably the best filters on the market.
I'd also suggest carrying new 8 ribbed drive belts (drives the alternator, A/C, water pump and on side radiator rigs, the Fan.) I switched from Freightliner belts to Gates new Green belts. They're supposed to be the absolute best. I keep the Freightline belts as spares.
You'll also need a super long 1/2" breaker bar to move the tension pulley so you install the new belt. Harbor Freight has the breaker bars for around $15.00.
I carry fuel and water separator filters and a pair of pliers that will wrap around the filter for removal. (Also available at Harbor Freight)
I also carry an assortment of 12v fuses
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:37 AM   #3

Thanks much.
Napa is pretty much everywhere which makes it easy to get parts.
I might be able to save a couple of bucks buying on line but I like to be able to order over the counter to confirm I am getting the right items.
Tom
Old 04-21-2019, 04:43 AM   #4

Tom, a few years back we got a batch of bad fuel in our old coach. As one of the issues relating to this, we had to change the fuel filters quite a few times until they would live a typical interval.

During one of these semi-emergency roadside repairs, I discovered that the Baldwin Fuel / Water Separator was just different enough from the Fleetguard it replaced, that it wouldn’t work.

Ok. Lesson learned.

Fleetguard fuel filters only on our coach. I can ordinarily buy the fuel filters online at Amazon for a competitive price.

I use Wix (NAPA Gold) for almost everything else. Ordinarily, I purchase the generator supplies and air filter for the ISL9 during the NAPA Spring sale. Check with your local dealer to determine the actual dates. In our area, sales are typically mid Feb-March and offer up to 50% off on certain filters. I remember buying an ISL9 air filter for just under $100!

Beyond a set of fuel filters, and a spare fuel and air filter for the generator, belts are a good spare. Of course the typical assortment of properly sized fuses is recommended.

I have a plastic bin with gallon jugs of my spare fluids like boiler fluid, oil, coolant, etc. Switching the generator oil and coolant over to what is in the coach will help to minimize carrying different containers. I find a single gallon of oil is adequate.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #5

Hello Matt;

It does. Thanks.
Good to know about Fleetguard filter fitment.
Thanks.
Tom

Tags
ace, parts, replace, replacement