Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #1

Replacing fresh water hose

Has anyone done this- just the hose, not the reel. If you have, how difficult (or not) is it? Am at Entegra now but they don’t have time for this job (last minute addition). Thanks in advance.
Lisa
2016 Anthem
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2021, 04:48 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Lisa

Which coach is yours. I am here as well in the coach with the box on the back. Have to pull out in the morning for an alignment in Elkhart then we will be back till Saturday. Yours will be different than mine but not bad to change.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #3

Hi phil
Mine isn’t in the lot, it’s in the garage since we’re at a hotel with our cat! We will be there until Saturday- I’ll stop by then. Thanks for responding- your setup looks great!
Old 04-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's doable, but a chore. You will need to remove the reel to put a new hose on and it is the removal than will cost a few scrapped knuckles and some choice words, but is doable. I had to do it several times till I got it right. You might want to have a drill handy when you do so and some sealant. Might as well drill a couple of new holes and put the reel at an angle to make it easier to reel in the hose while you have it out. I left the back right corner hole as is and new holes for the back left and front left. Entegra didn't have a right front bolted for access reasons.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:27 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalisa View Post
Hi phil
Mine isn’t in the lot, it’s in the garage since we’re at a hotel with our cat! We will be there until Saturday- I’ll stop by then. Thanks for responding- your setup looks great!

Thanks. Not sure what time yet we are pulling out Saturday as we are headed to Wood Design in Nappanee till Tuesday afternoon then back for a few days till we head over towards Iowa
Old 04-29-2021, 04:30 AM   #6

Just pull the hose all the way out, remove the clamp, pull old hose off put clamp on new hose, slide hose on tighten clamp, reel new hose in and you’re done. If your 2016 has the white panel you can remove a few screws and pull it toward you and make it easier.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #7

That sounds a lot easier. When I get the coach back I’ll pull the hose all the way out and take a look. I wonder if anyone replaces fresh water hoses as maintenance, because unless you have to cut the hose, like I did, you might not see what’s inside it.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my '18 Anthem with a Shoreline hose reel, the hose is crimped on to the hose reel. Although I haven't replaced my hose, it appears to me that the best way to do that is to cut the installed hose close to the reel and use a barbed hose splice to join the new hose. Rather than trying to use screw on hose clamps, I'd use a couple of PEX cinch clamps. Probably easiest to do that by removing the hose reel for better access.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #9

Thanks for your advice. Apparently taking this reel out is the problem, although I haven’t been able to look yet. We found this issue due to the hose end connector breaking apart the day before we left to get here. But that sounds like a doable fix. It’s nothing I ever thought about in 5 years of full timing and I don’t know how far into the hose this problem extends and now I wish I didn’t know anything!
Old 04-29-2021, 08:50 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have had my reel out. It's really not that difficult. Not easy, but, not too difficult.

Removing the screws on the white panel will give you more room. Also, on mine, only the three easiest to reach screws hold the reel to the floor.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
On my '15 Aspire, I pulled the hose out all the way. There is an access hatch on the reel core that has 3 (or 4, can't remember) screws. Remove the plate and you can see where the hose is attached to the nipple coming out of the reel. Again, on mine, there was a hose clamp holding it in place. Easy to remove and replace with a new hose. Put the hatch plate back on, wind up the reel and you're done.

Again, that was for my '15 Aspore but yours shouldnt be radically different.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The only difference is somewhere along the line, 2016 or 17(?), they went from clamping on the hose to the reel to crimping it. So depending on your year, it is easy or hard.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #13

Thanks everyone got helping me out[emoji846]
Lisa
Old 05-04-2021, 07:03 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I have a question: Is the hose on the reel just a convenient method of use instead of attaching a hose to the port where it is now connected?

If this is true, you can connect a hose to the port and take you sweet time changing the reel and permanent hose.
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, hose, water