Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #1

Replacing the 2016 Aspire's rear camera

Our old 2012 Aspire's camera was able to tilt down to view the toad and tilt all the way up to view traffic on the road behind us and did an excellent job. Understand the camera on the 2017s is different and gives a better rear view of traffic. We've adjusted ours up as much as it will go but can still only basically see the top of the toad. It would be nice to know if we're being pursued by a large semi or the cops (not likely since our max speed is 60, LoL).
Anyone replaced theirs with a better-adjusting camera or have a solution to this problem?

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:56 PM   #2

We were able to adjust the rear camera on our 16 Anthem and have a good view of what is behind us. There were two bolts as I recall that I backed off a bit re-aimed the camera and tightened the bolts. Took 2 minutes at the most.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I have replaced my 2016 rear camera because of picture quality. Early Aspire 2016's had a rear camera that tilted down when shifted to reverse and back up to full rear view in forward. Later into 2016 Aspire changed to a camera that did not have the auto tilt mode. I have the auto up and down mode. Which do you have? 2016 Aspires have different cameras than other models .

I also had the problem as you describe of not able to adjust up to where I could see enough distance behind. I had to pull more cable from the coach to get enough slack to tilt the camera up far enough.You should be able to see back any distance you want to adjust to.

If you can't adjust up enough because cable length prevents it this is what you need to know. There is a round noise suppressor on the cable just inside the coach that prevents pulling the cable out enough to make the adjustment. According to the camera manufacture this suppressor does not need to be inside the coach shielded from the weather, it's just a magnet. Remove the camera, two screws tilt plus two screws locking. Remove the bracket from the coach and remove o-ring seal. Pull out cable past the suppressor, cut O-ring and replace it behind the suppressor and reinstall. That's what I did, works good. Our cameras may be different models of Mito Corp. Perimeter Vew but are basically the same and were probably installed the same. First loosen the two locking screws to see if you have enough cable length. Good luck.

Ps, my camera was white and I painted it black, Made a big difference in looks for my paint scheme.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

On our '17, there are two separate cameras. One is tilted down at the hitch, and the other is supposed to offer a view of the horizon.

In our case, the horizon was the tailgate of my pickup, not nearly enough.

The mounting bracket has a center bolt hole, and two slots around the perimeter of the bracket. Unfortunately, due to the angle the bracket is mounted on the coach, it is impossible to achieve the desired view with the two shoulder bolts in place. Remove the two shoulder bolts on the offending camera, loosen the center bolt, adjust, retighten, and motor on happily knowing a semi isn't about to cream your toad.

The InVue cameras inside the lower convex side mirrors are adjustable as well, I just haven't gotten to that item on my list.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:09 AM   #5

Thanks for the ideas guys. Ours is one of the last 16s made (2/17), so has the camera that does not automatically tilt when in drive/reverse. Will take a look and see if I can implement one of the suggestions.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera