Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #1

Researching Entegra

We are long time Tiffin owners who currently own an Allegro Bus 40QSP and are very knowledgeable as to who/how the Tiffin system does/does not work

We are full timers and so storage, cabinet space & floor plan is VERY important.

We are researching Entegra's floor plans , build design issues , repairs and contacts at Entegra for repair authorization , factory service appointments etc. and would like any and all input ( good & bad ) from any of you.

We met Tadd Jenkins & Joyce Skinner at the Tampa Super Show and were very impressed with both of them in particular their responses to some tough comparison questions especially floor plan or lack of as compared to SOB.

As I stated in another thread at this moment the 44B is close BUT the lack of a separate recliner and the stacked washer/dryer over the toilet are serious issues for us. We are very hopeful that the Entegra Designers are listening as close as Tadd Jenkins listened to us in regards to what we believe full timers need to make a coach more liveable.

All comments are most welcome !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:08 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I can only speak from my experience. I had probably one of the worst delivers in the history of Entegra. It was a short period when Tadd left the company because some bozo that thought he could be President of Entegra. He was let go and Tadd Jenkins brought back as President when coaches like mine started rolling off the assemble line and getting delivered.

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen better service than Entegra to take care of all the problems I was handed. Had it not been for Tadd Jenkins and Joyce our travel time would have been spent in court instead of looking forward to our next trip.

As for floor plans only the user can make that decision. I don't think there is a perfect floorplan for all users. We have always decided on the best construction and ride for each MH we have purchased, then chose a floorplan that was as close to everything we wanted as possible. Is our floorplan perfect...no but it works for us. I don't like the location of the washer and dryer, but where else do you put it if the DW insists on a full closet? Lots of people modify factory floorplans to make it work for them and with the savings on an Entegra, it's almost like getting the mods for free. If the recliner is a must, easy to remove a couch and replace it with a recliner after the purchase.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We had a Phaeton and thought we'd never change. One of the challenges when you have been part of the Tiffin family is the idea of leaving Bob. We had a few issues but nothing serious. We were visiting Lazy Days with a friend who was picking up a used Zephyr, saw the Entegra's and were overwhelmed by the fit and finish, the SL floorplan, 2 year warranty and the number of standard items.

Our experience is that the service Entegra provides is as good as or maybe even a bit better than we had from Tiffin. Bob is great, but so are Tadd and Joyce. The support folks are (in our experience) about the same.

Both companies are terrific. We still feel we have gotten more bang for our buck and are enjoying being a part of the Entegra family. We spend about 6 months a year in the coach so we aren't full timing, but we are in it a lot. Everyone has different views on floorplans. This one works great for us and the quality of construction and the service make it easy to live in.

I'm not trying to start a Tiffin-Entegra war. We're just trying to respond to the OP's request for input. One of our best friends is in his third Tiffin and would never change and this is one of the few times he and I have come down on the different side of a choice - point is there really isn't a "wrong" answer. Two good choices and you go with what works for you.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #4

I researched a lot of coaches prior to buying an Entegra Anthem RBQ. The Entegra raised floor (and the reason why), insulation, build quality, and aesthetics led us to our decision. However, I am very mechanically inclined and whomever answers the Entegra service line number has always impressed me with their complete knowledge of the coach regardless of the item I need assitance with. Furthermore, Entegra has worked with any repair facility I am near for repair costs and is a seemless process. I too looked hard at the B model but liked the couches and such and the RBQ has worked well for us. My last coach had a free standing dining table but the booth has worked better for us. Some coaches used the rear closet for the washer/dryer and took up valuable clothing areas for us. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies so far. No war of brands wanted on our part either !!

Chuck I read off your disastrous build quality and the fact that Entegra took it back to the factory to correct but I guess I wondered why not exchange it out for you ? But who am I to question that policy decision.

We don't dispute at all that Entegra's quality, construction techniques , INSULATION , etc are top notch but yes it is a bit difficult to leave an SOB we have been satisfied with but then we left Holiday Rambler for Winnebago and then them for Tiffin.

We are very close to becoming fellow Entegra owners !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Tiffin Phaeton to Entegra Cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
We had a Phaeton and thought we'd never change. One of the challenges when you have been part of the Tiffin family is the idea of leaving Bob. We had a few issues but nothing serious. We were visiting Lazy Days with a friend who was picking up a used Zephyr, saw the Entegra's and were overwhelmed by the fit and finish, the SL floorplan, 2 year warranty and the number of standard items.

Our experience is that the service Entegra provides is as good as or maybe even a bit better than we had from Tiffin. Bob is great, but so are Tadd and Joyce. The support folks are (in our experience) about the same.

Both companies are terrific. We still feel we have gotten more bang for our buck and are enjoying being a part of the Entegra family. We spend about 6 months a year in the coach so we aren't full timing, but we are in it a lot. Everyone has different views on floorplans. This one works great for us and the quality of construction and the service make it easy to live in.

I'm not trying to start a Tiffin-Entegra war. We're just trying to respond to the OP's request for input. One of our best friends is in his third Tiffin and would never change and this is one of the few times he and I have come down on the different side of a choice - point is there really isn't a "wrong" answer. Two good choices and you go with what works for you.

I have a phaeton.. 2012 which I love and was a great choice for my first coach.. i love bob.. and the service I got.. however unfortunately when you compare it to Entegra and put the cornerstone against the zephyr.. there is no comparison..the quality of their build is apparent!

entegra in my opinion won it hands down. The first time I looked at the entegra it was the anthem.. then I saw the cornerstone and my heart skipped a beat. It had everything.. and the looks of class without being gawdy.. I went around and started to talk to entegra owners at the campgrounds I saw them at.. I asked one question.. Tell me one thing you don't like about this coach.. I got the same answers after to talking to way over 30 coach owners.. WE LOVE OUR COACH And LOVE ENTEGRA.. Sure there are issues, but what coach doesn't have an issue here or there (It's the luck of the draw I guess) .. but the people of Entegra stand behind their product.. and go out of the way to try and get it done right, plus the two year warranty..

I hope my experience is a good one. I am getting really excited .. Just waiting for the phone call to come take a look. Probably next week sometime.

So in ending.. if you got an Entegra! You can't go wrong.. I've been watching this company for almost the past 1.5 years since I saw one of the coaches for the first time.. All I've heard is good things.. I can only remember one bad problem someone had.. but I don't even remember what it was.. So much is positive it kind of drowns out the few dilemma's. I decided to take the jump.. big jump it was, but I feel really good about it.. I hope to experience all that others have..
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:12 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
When my DW and I started looking for a coach, considering we are newbie RVers, we spent a lot of time on these forums to see who had good customer support and who didn't. It became apparent that a number of brands do take care of their customers. When we read some of the posts by Entegra owners, I was convinced that Joyce was slipping something into the water at the Owners Appreciation Dinners in Tampa.. Entegra owners are almost rabid in their love of the company

So we purchased our Cornerstone and started out on our first adventure. While camping in Portersville, Pa, I attempted to extend our DS bedroom slide. It went out halfway and stopped. Being a newbie and not understanding the workings of the coach yet, I called Entegra and got Jerome on the phone. I explained what happened and he asked me "Where are you?" Portersville is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Jerome said, "OK, we will FLY someone in to fix the problem." At this point I told him that I wasn't a complete mechanical moron and maybe he could walk me through a diagnosis. Of course, as most of you figured out immediately, it was simply a broken shear pin which I promptly bought locally and repaired myself.

The real point of the story was that Entegra was willing to fly someone in to solve the problem. THAT is when I knew we had bought the right coach from the right people.

Now if I could just figure out how to stop "foaming at the mouth"
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Too add to Ralph's excellent post regarding CS......One of my BIGGEST problems on my delivery was Precision Paint. Apparently I was not alone....to correct the problem Entegra bought their own paint company to have complete control and no longer rely on an outside company turning out poor quality that Entegra had to put their name on.

What Entegra has done to correct our delivery issue....I cannot say enough good about.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra's service tech will be at my house, 1200 miles from the factory, tomorrow AM for a relatively minor warranty repair. Sure beats driving to Red Bay! Nuff said.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We went to the Hershey RV show in September of 2012 for something to do on a beautiful fall weekend. We promised each other we were "just looking". We were such novices that we didn't even know the difference between the rv classes or a fifth wheel. We didn't know about this or any other rv forum. We didn't know the names of the various manufacturers. So, no research was done prior to our visit, nor did we have any preconceived notions. We were worn out after a long day of starting at one end of the show and literally walking up and down every row, and ready to turn back when we came to the "big rigs". Aha...now we were getting somewhere! The Entegras, Newmars, and Tiffins were set up near each other. We kept going back and forth between all the models but kept coming back to the Entegras. For neophytes like us, the quality of the Entegra stood out. Robin McCracken of RVOne patiently educated us on his products, and Tadd Jenkins took us for a test drive, letting us BOTH drive it. We ended up putting a deposit down on a 2013 DEQ and have never regretted it. We have since learned alot through forums and our own research, and are happy that we know our positive gut reaction to Entegra and all that they stand for was right on. We have not been disappointed, and are thrilled to be a part of Entegra's growing family.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
We went to the Hershey RV show in September of 2012 for something to do on a beautiful fall weekend. We promised each other we were "just looking". We were such novices that we didn't even know the difference between the rv classes or a fifth wheel. We didn't know about this or any other rv forum. We didn't know the names of the various manufacturers. So, no research was done prior to our visit, nor did we have any preconceived notions. We were worn out after a long day of starting at one end of the show and literally walking up and down every row, and ready to turn back when we came to the "big rigs". Aha...now we were getting somewhere! The Entegras, Newmars, and Tiffins were set up near each other. We kept going back and forth between all the models but kept coming back to the Entegras. For neophytes like us, the quality of the Entegra stood out. Robin McCracken of RVOne patiently educated us on his products, and Tadd Jenkins took us for a test drive, letting us BOTH drive it. We ended up putting a deposit down on a 2013 DEQ and have never regretted it. We have since learned alot through forums and our own research, and are happy that we know our positive gut reaction to Entegra and all that they stand for was right on. We have not been disappointed, and are thrilled to be a part of Entegra's growing family.
As a soon-to-be Entegra owner, I can't get enough of reading posts like yours!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I remember seeing my first Entegra Anthem at Tropical Palms in Orlando, FL. I was driving out of the campground in the toad when I saw it..I just stopped.. It's like I saw this beautiful lady crossing the street and had to take a second look.. The build of the entegra and their back and front cap are streamlined along with the rails at the top hiding the stuff on the roof set it all off. It was a great looking coach and it stood out.. the owner was a young couple from out west who purchased it from RVone in Orlando. They were staying at the grounds to go over everything before the trip home. They showed me the inside and I was just as awed as I was looking at the outside. The wood, floors, workmanship, the forward cab design so much just hit me. It just looked like quality. At that point almost 1.5 years ago, I said to myself "this will be my next coach"

Speed Forward; I was in Orlando in November 2014 & Decided to visit RVone. Met with Eric Hodes and went for that test drive..I was hooked.. line and sinker too .

Sitting here waiting for that phone call. My rig was supposed to leave the factory on Monday or Wednesday of this week.. I'll give it over the weekend. I'm sure Eric will be calling soon with an update..
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:16 AM   #13

Flora my DW said it was it was. We were total newbies and had no intention of buying a coach but it was obvious that Entegra was above and beyond. The service has been without fault for us and having been in the auto service business for 21 years I know what is good service and what is not. I have only met one person not happy and they were really on the edge - how is Entegra responsible for road tar?? Even Chuck who had a bad situation has been made very happy and he is a very experienced RV'r who has nothing but great things to say about their service. When we bought our coach it was because of Robin and RVOne. Robin took a good hour and showed us the features and benefits of the coach and no one else at the show paid any attention to us. The quality was obvious from the moment we walked into the coach. No coach and no floor plan is perfect but the one we picked DEQ is very liveable for us. Essentially we have had no problems (except of our own maing - watch out for stumps sticking out a hillside) and those we did have were handled right away and with a smile. Can't beat Joyce and Tadd that's for sure. If you are looking take a test drive with Tadd if you can. His love of the industry and this company are obvious. This company deserves a close look for anyone considering a DP.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I'm so upset with Entegra that I'm getting rid of my Aspire. Of course I'm replacing it with a Cornerstone
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote