Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #1

Ride height ?

Does anyone have the procedure or specs to adjust the ride height, 18 Aspire.

I had some warranty suspension work done at a spartan facility and left with to low of air pressure and driveline vibration from the incorrect ride height. I want to adjust it myself so it’s correct. Any information is appreciated.
Klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2020, 09:23 AM   #2

I have never done this myself, although I have had to have it worked on general several times over two coaches, but both time, the adjustment was done at a major repair shop (i.e., NIRVC) or coach alignment type shop, not by me under the coach. I think it is a fairly easy adjustment of the sensors, but have never seen anyone post information on how to do this as a DIY up here on the forum, I dont think.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klucas View Post

I had some warranty suspension work done at a spartan facility and left with to low of air pressure and driveline vibration from the incorrect ride height. I want to adjust it myself so it’s correct. Any information is appreciated.
The measurements should be 8 and1/2 rear, 9 and 1/2 front.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #4

" left with TOO LOW AIR PRESSURE" ???

If the air pressure is below 65 psi the air suspension won't come up , if it drops to 45 psi , the park brake will activate and you'll be stuck in place .

What air pressure are your gauges reading .
Old 07-13-2020, 04:55 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Please be careful when working under your coach that’s on air ride especially when dealing with ride height valves.
The safes place is a drive over pit to adjust the ride height.

Is there a place in your area that does heavy truck spring work? They usually have a work pit. If you provide the measurements and points to measure from they should be able to help you.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
The measurements should be 8 and1/2 rear, 9 and 1/2 front.

Thank you!!
Old 07-13-2020, 05:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
" left with TOO LOW AIR PRESSURE" ???

If the air pressure is below 65 psi the air suspension won't come up , if it drops to 45 psi , the park brake will activate and you'll be stuck in place .

What air pressure are your gauges reading .

It would not come to full ride height. It stayed around 100. I was able to get it back to 125 but still have slight vibration at certain speed because ride height isn’t correct.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:42 AM   #8

I would be concerned with your air controller which is a completely different problem. Mine had to be replaced as it would not take the coach to ride heighth and at times the front and rear heights were different. Not sure if that was replaced under Spartan or Entegra warranty, but it failed within the first year.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
It would not come to full ride height. It stayed around 100. I was able to get it back to 125 but still have slight vibration at certain speed because ride height isn’t correct.

Klucas, as Gary stated you may have two issues going on here.
First the rear air pressure gauge is not indicating what pressure in the rear suspension/ air springs.

On our coaches we have no means of telling what that pressure is, but certainly we can tell if the coach is at ride height by observing the distance between the top of the tires and fenders.

Our coaches have a dual air system as required by law which is divided by front and rear. This is for safety in case one side of the air system fails you still have braking on the other side to bring you to safe stop. There are other safety features in our air system like the spring brakes if we lose all air.

The dual air brake system is divided into primary and secondary and the air pressure in each system is indicated on your gauges in the coach. So those gauges are not reading what’s in the air suspension.

If your air system is not coming up to pressure you must have a air leak, or a bad air governor. I would think the 100 PSI would bring the coach to ride height so the ride height valve may need adjustment.

Strange the folks working your coach did not take care of this for you. They should not have released it with these issues.

Richard
Old 07-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow, sounds like a rough ride indeed

Agree, you have more than a ride height problem. Even if the ride height was off, your pressures should be normal, which they are not.

Just as an FYI
In order to know what your ride height should be, you need to know which suspension you have in the front and rear. Spartan provides a chart for Axle, Suspension, and Chassis type. Once you know this, you can look at their chart to determine Height, Caster, Toe-in, and Camber Angle.

There are different types of Axles, each having different model numbers
Meritor, Dana, Reyco-Granning. Maybe all 2018 Aspires on the K2 chassis are the same, but I'd verify all of this, before making any adjustments.

Spartan also has the "Ride Height Adjustment Document" explaining how to do it.

The documents I have, are from 2016, so I would get an updated version from them directly.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 AM   #11

I’m sorry I should have had more detail in my question and response. I had suspension work done under warranty. spartan replaced my shocks to fix the banging noise from front end. Also they were supposed to adjust ride height and air bag pressure. After leaving for the ride home I found the air pressure was adjusted to low and the ride height was still wrong. I put the pressure back to normal and I still have some vibration at times and I suspect the ride height it still off. The air governor seems to work properly and adjusted normally.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:21 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here are the documents given to me, while at Spartan. I would get an updated copy for your 2018.

Hope this helps to at least gives you an idea.

Cheers!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ride Height Adjustment Doccument.pdf (200.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf alignments Meritor & Dana.pdf (177.6 KB, 46 views)
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I’m sorry I should have had more detail in my question and response. I had suspension work done under warranty. spartan replaced my shocks to fix the banging noise from front end. Also they were supposed to adjust ride height and air bag pressure. After leaving for the ride home I found the air pressure was adjusted to low and the ride height was still wrong. I put the pressure back to normal and I still have some vibration at times and I suspect the ride height it still off. The air governor seems to work properly and adjusted normally.

Not following you totally on this. The ride height adjustment effects what air pressure is in the suspension.
How did you put the pressure back to normal? Adjusting the air governor?

If the service center lowered the air pressure on the air governor I don’t understand that if they were just replacing shocks.

Richard
Old 07-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
If your rear ride height is not where it should be you risk damaging the drive train. There should not be any vibration that indicates something is wrong.

Tags
ride height