Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Ride height change weight shift.

Spartan weighed my Anthem yesterday. Hey did a before and after ride height adjustment. Ride height should be 9 1/4", mine was 9 1/2" on the left and 10" on the right. They adjusted it to 9 3/16" left and 9 1/4" right.

Before weights:
Front - 7920 7370
Dual - 7180 7890
Tag - 4770 5150

After weights:
Front - 7490 7830
Dual - 7590 7400
Tag - 4980 5030

Total weight is 40,320 (before weight is 40 pounds lighter, may be a difference in driver?) which is 3,000 pounds lighter than we got at the rally. We had a full fuel tank, about 80% fresh water and gear & food for 4-5 weeks. DW, dogs and I were in the coach when it was weighed at the rally, no idea what persons were in it at Spartan.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
That really shifted a bunch of weight. I think I need to do that and shift some weight from left front to the right front.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Lowering the front height will shift weight to the front, what I cant figure out is that the left front went from 9 1/2 to 9 3/16, there should have been a weight gain lowering it but there was a weight loss of 430 lbs. Something's not right with the weigh I'd suspect, wither that or weight was shifted inside the coach some how.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Right front went from 10" to 9 1/4" so shifted weight right.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Adjusting ride height and moving cargo in an air suspended vehicle is an inexact science Spartan explained to me.

Moving weight from front to back or side to side will cause the now heavier end, side or corner to drop, but the ride height control valve will add more air to affected air bags, raising the chassis back to the correct ride height, but that shifts some weight to the opposite end, side or corner.

The goal is the get the ride height within spec or as close as possible and get the axle side to side and corner weights within spec or as close as possible.

They have to put the MH on the scales and try different ride height adjustments to get the best possible weight balance.

Once Spartan got my MH within spec, but to get the side to side balance even closer, my MH would be leaning, so we did not do that.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Right front went from 10" to 9 1/4" so shifted weight right.
I don't mean to be blunt, but that is not correct. As you lower a corner through suspension adjustment, it will have less weight on it, along with the opposite diagonal corner. In plain terms, if you lower the ride height on the right front, both the right front and the left rear will have less weight on them.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #7

Is this considered warranty work by Spartan or are you having to pay to have these ride high checks performed?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade and Ann View Post
Is this considered warranty work by Spartan or are you having to pay to have these ride high checks performed?

You pay for it. Had it done on Monday. $46.25 to do it. That is based on 1/2 hour labor. Weighing was also the same cost and time.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight