Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 04:48 AM   #1

Roof Access

I am getting my new Anthem 2017 in 2 weeks. My question is how are you all getting up on the roof given that there is no ladder on the back?

I have an extendible ladder that I use now to get me up on the upper part of my built in ladder on my American Coach, but not sure its long enough where you don't have any built in ladder.

And I will miss having those build in handles to get me up the last couple of feet and on to the roof.

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome!! You will receiver many different answers as everybody has a favorite. I use this one for the ease of storage. I made Pat Bauers shelf mod and this ladder fits perfect on one of the shelves. It's never in the way in the basement. https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-7...ic+ladder+16.5

Pats shelf mod is in the "Show Us Your Mods" post in one of the first few pages. There are also several different ladder storage ideas in that post should you decide on one of the several different ladder suggestions that will be posted.

The best price will be the one from Harbor Freight Freight, on sale all the time for $99. http://www.harborfreight.com/17-ft-t...der-67646.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #3

I use the 17' 4 section aluminum ladder sold by Harbor Freight. I believe you want a ladder at least 17' tall fully extended so that you have enough ladder above the roof to steady yourself moving from ladder to roof and roof to ladder. It is being sold routinely for $109-$129 depending on if on sale.

It stores on its side and I store mine (on my classic) right in front of the sliding tray for the freezer. It is a very sturdy ladder. You can easily spend twice as much but dont think you will find a better ladder.... just more expensive. The most important part is having ladder above the roof so you can grab on it while you transition.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I use the 17' 4 section aluminum ladder sold by Harbor Freight. I believe you want a ladder at least 17' tall fully extended so that you have enough ladder above the roof to steady yourself moving from ladder to roof and roof to ladder. It is being sold routinely for $109-$129 depending on if on sale.

It stores on its side and I store mine (on my classic) right in front of the sliding tray for the freezer. It is a very sturdy ladder. You can easily spend twice as much but dont think you will find a better ladder.... just more expensive. The most important part is having ladder above the roof so you can grab on it while you transition.

Gary
Agree w/ Gary in that a 17' ladder is the minimum length to access roof safely

I use the 17' Werner that folds up, can be used as a step ladder or extension ladder.
It is very stable and stows in the basement of the Anthem nicely

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werner-17-f...adder/50398354
252sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just got one of these at Costco, it works well. Has a shelf that comes in handy, on sale with coupon for $139.99. Put foam on one end so when extended and leaning against the MH it does not scratch it.

Little Giant MegaMax 17 Ladder w/Air Deck

Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #6

I bought a 15' teliscoping ladder. Ordered it from Home Depot. I'm 6'6" and it is plenty tall enough to have a safe transition from roof to ladder. It stores nicely on its edge propped against one of the x members. Also keep a 3 step stool next to the ladder.

I was told that there is no ladder installed on the coach because it looks better and since most of us are baby boomers we don't have any business up on the roof.

Congradulations on the new coach. Enjoy the good life.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
If anyone is interested, Rural King, if you have one in your area, has the 17 foldable Aluminum Ladders on sale Thrus, Fri. & Sat for $79.99.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #8

Spartan Chassis
TeleSteps

Van, I have been using a TeleSteps combi since 2011 and have been very happy with it.
Combi Ladders | Telesteps
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof