Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, when cleaning the radiator I found using a garden sprayer with Awesome Cleaner I was able to get the cleaner deeper into the radiator than using the spray bottle it comes with. I soak it down from both sides, have a 1/2 a beer while it works then with just the a high pressure hose nozzle spray it down from the back side to blow the dirt out. If really dirty, repeat, you should still have 1/2 a beer left.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I would love to have those temps. Out here, especially when the asphalt is 110-115, I routinely see 210-212 before the fan kicks it down.
I've had an ISB in my 2014, saw 201-203 when pulling hard and towing, wouldn't worry too much.

I now have an ISX and was surprised at how much hotter it runs. At the time I called Cummins to ask about it...they said it was normal. It runs 205 all the time and gets into the 210 range when it is pulling hard in the heat.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:24 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mark, when cleaning the radiator I found using a garden sprayer with Awesome Cleaner I was able to get the cleaner deeper into the radiator than using the spray bottle it comes with. I soak it down from both sides, have a 1/2 a beer while it works then with just the a high pressure hose nozzle spray it down from the back side to blow the dirt out. If really dirty, repeat, you should still have 1/2 a beer left.
Thanks Chuck - been using that Awesome cleaner since you posted it a few years ago. Works on many things around the Motor Home - spray on, wait for that half of beer, then rinse off. Will get the radiator when I get back home.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Thanks Chuck - been using that Awesome cleaner since you posted it a few years ago. Works on many things around the Motor Home - spray on, wait for that half of beer, then rinse off. Will get the radiator when I get back home.
That is some amazing stuff for a dollar. A full timer in Colorado introduced me to it, now I use it on everything. DW even uses as a laundry pre-spot treatment.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
What are the outside temps? Lately it has been close to 100 all across the nation. That will cause a temperature difference when pulling a grade and the heavier Ford may have as well. Still within the normal range.
I waited till mid afternoon and it was in the low 90's, I haven't seen temps like till the past 6 months. The last test drive was without the truck behind and it hit 201.