Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Finished my drivers side yesterday. So far I only replaced the 2 Amber side markers, and made them blinkers as well. If I add the 2 additional over the rear axle per side like others, it should be simple to complete.My LED lights have 6 bulbs, not the 4 I posted earlier. I have not messed with the mirror lights, but want to tie those in as well to blink. Will be driving tomorrow heading back to the DFW area, and see how they work!
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Finished my drivers side yesterday. So far I only replaced the 2 Amber side markers, and made them blinkers as well. If I add the 2 additional over the rear axle per side like others, it should be simple to complete.My LED lights have 6 bulbs, not the 4 I posted earlier. I have not messed with the mirror lights, but want to tie those in as well to blink. Will be driving tomorrow heading back to the DFW area, and see how they work!

Mark.
here is the link to how I did on the 2013 Aspire we had,

Richard http://www.irv2.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3131931
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you Gasman2 - I am going out to look at this now!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Mark.
here is the link to how I did on the 2013 Aspire we had,

Richard http://www.irv2.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3131931
How did you get up there to reach and work on that wire location?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
How did you get up there to reach and work on that wire location?

It's a tight fit, but with gen slide clear out I was able to unplug the spade terminal coming out of the mirror arm and installed a matching terminal and wired it to from turn signal hot wire.

Just make sure you are dealing with the hot wires on each and not grounds. Should be black or any color but white. I always check with test light to be sure.
Richard
Old 07-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Richard. I am running out of time today, but will remove the Gen cover and see if I can fit in there. I think I was looking at the wrong wire set. Looking closer at your images shows the plastic wire cover over the wires - I pulled the other one out, but did not want to unplug it because I probably could not get it plugged back in. I will inspect the other set - it leads to the firewall corner, with a big glob of the foam sealer, and many wire harnesses.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #35

thank you

To Gasman & Gary,

Thank you for your help. I just updated everything I could find to update on this site. If you get a chance please let me know if there is something else I can add and "how to add it". I am fairly new to this site and now as I take on projects on my RV I come here first before seeking information at other sites.

I have completed my task of mounting two directional lights on the front sides of my 02 Winne. I look everywhere for the lights with the "arrows" but could not find any online, so just picked up a couple of lights at the hardware store that fill the bill for now.

I wired them to my existing "small" lights located just below my new lights. Turn signals and 4-ways are all working fine.

I tried to send a photo along with this memo but could only find the "add video" option. Do you know how to post a photo to this thread?

Have a great day.
bauschman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #36

To Gasman & Gary,

Thank you for your help. I just updated everything I could find to update on this site. If you get a chance please let me know if there is something else I can add and "how to add it". I am fairly new to this site and now as I take on projects on my RV I come here first before seeking information at other sites.

I have completed my task of mounting two directional lights on the front sides of my 02 Winne. I look everywhere for the lights with the "arrows" but could not find any online, so just picked up a couple of lights at the hardware store that fill the bill for now.

I wired them to my existing "small" lights located just below my new lights. Turn signals and 4-ways are all working fine.

I tried to send a photo along with this memo but could only find the "add video" option. Do you know how to post a photo to this thread?

Have a great day.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:51 AM   #37

Gary,

02 Winne Adventurer, WFG32V, dragging a 22' 4k capacity "Dethmers" now called Demco, auto hauler with a 98 Honda CRV ridding atop, and a bike riding the Honda that is packed with tennis rackets, golf clubs, backpacks and camping gear.

I had to add all that after I read your profile in more detail.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #38

3M 314 IDC, 3 wire, self stripping connectors.

To All,

I have not found on this site any mention of the "3M 314 IDC, 3 wire self stripping connectors that handle 14-22awg and incorporate a water tight gel surrounding the splice point.

I just purchased 100 ea for $36.00 on EBAY after spending almost $1.00 each at the local store where I am today. Not too many stores have them.

I found them 25 years ago when I worked for the phone company and only at electrical wholesalers who handled them.

A real handy item for splicing wire.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauschman49 View Post
To All,

I have not found on this site any mention of the "3M 314 IDC, 3 wire self stripping connectors that handle 14-22awg and incorporate a water tight gel surrounding the splice point.

I just purchased 100 ea for $36.00 on EBAY after spending almost $1.00 each at the local store where I am today. Not too many stores have them.

I found them 25 years ago when I worked for the phone company and only at electrical wholesalers who handled them.

A real handy item for splicing wire.

Those are ones I used. Thanks for providing a cheaper source. They are expensive at the local parts stores.

I think it's important to use sealed connector to prevent issues later on.

Again thanks for the tip. Sounds like your light project turned out well.

Richard
Old 07-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #40

Richard,

Thank you for the kind comments.

I looks like I did not get my lights wired correctly. When I finished the wiring I tested the turn signals and 4 way switches on and all worked perfect (with the engine off).

The next day "with the ignition on and engine running it was a different story. When I turned on my headlamps, as I usually do when ever I drive, day or night, no turn signals or 4-way flashers would work. They would light up and stay on with the headlamps, but would not flash.

I poured through every wiring diagram I have on the RV, but I can not find out where the Lt Blue and Brown wires from the turn signals run to and which is the ground side. The existing signal light indicators I have do not ground to the fiberglass body and they have just two wires to them. It resembles a Christmas tree light socket. I assumed one side goes to ground and the other provides 12v battery. I think a assumed wrong.

I will have to disconnect my newly installed lights until I can solve the problem.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauschman49 View Post
Richard,

Thank you for the kind comments.

I looks like I did not get my lights wired correctly. When I finished the wiring I tested the turn signals and 4 way switches on and all worked perfect (with the engine off).

The next day "with the ignition on and engine running it was a different story. When I turned on my headlamps, as I usually do when ever I drive, day or night, no turn signals or 4-way flashers would work. They would light up and stay on with the headlamps, but would not flash.

I poured through every wiring diagram I have on the RV, but I can not find out where the Lt Blue and Brown wires from the turn signals run to and which is the ground side. The existing signal light indicators I have do not ground to the fiberglass body and they have just two wires to them. It resembles a Christmas tree light socket. I assumed one side goes to ground and the other provides 12v battery. I think a assumed wrong.

I will have to disconnect my newly installed lights until I can solve the problem.

Tell me how your front turn signals behave.
1. With engine running and lights off are they on?

2. If they remain on in the above do they go completely out between flashes when the turn signals are activated?

I think most vehicles today will have a ground wire from each light or device to common ground point especially with a fiberglass body.

Have you determined which of the two leads going to the current turn signal is the ground?
Old 07-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
For those who are working on side turn signal projects this web site may help you.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...rkerflash.html

Richard