Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 10:01 PM   #1

RV Arizona paint cancer

I'm wondering if anyone has had the clear coat reapplied and the entire coach to pretty it back up and roof rails repainted, if so need recommendations for Northern Arizona area. And someone remind me where I update my signature area to reflect my rig :-) thank you!
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 03:31 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I can't help you with the paint question, but for your signature update on a laptop or computer screen, just click on the 'User CP' link on the far left under your username banner, and then on the 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' menu on the left. I think yours would be found here: https://www.irv2.com/forums/profile....=editsignature
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:33 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
NIRVC in Surprise AZ has been said to have an outstanding body shop.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:12 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on SURPRISE!
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #5

The problem with trying to fix clear coat is that clear coat is applied right after the base coat and they catalyze into one top coat. If you put clear coat on a cured base coat it just won't hold up. Also, depending on the types of paint, solvents in the new application may lift and crinkle the base coat.
I know people do it, but it won't last. I feel bad for anyone who buys a used vehicle that someone clear coated just to sell and soon it starts to blister and peel off.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:23 PM   #6

I would echo NIRVC, that being said if you define northern AZ as Flagstaff the only body shop in Flagstaff that I trust is campus collision. Talk to Chris, tell him I sent you. I will not opine on the core issue of clear coat over clear coat but Chris is honest and will give to a straight answer. Not sure if they could handle the size of a coach.
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:57 PM   #7

Thanks for the advise on clear coat over clear, I had no idea so I posted yes I am in Flagstaff. I've read bad things about the indoor RV center in Phoenix service center issues in the forum but may look into the Vegas location. I'll try the local Flagstaff guy first and see what can be done locally.
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #8

Depending on how handy you are and if you have a place to work you can do the roof edges yourself. I sanded mine down, primed and re-painted with automotive base coat/clear coat using a $40 HVLP spray gun from Amazon. I spent about $300 for everything and about a weeks worth of work which included re-sealing the radius edge on my Winnebago Filon roof. I already had an air compressor and a little past experience in DIY after painting about a dozen cars when I was younger. Here's some before and after pics. The masking was actually the hardest part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roof3.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	354381   Click image for larger version

Name:	driver.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	354382  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh2.jpg