Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Before all the other brand owners get their attorneys involved I showed Joyce this post on my phone. She was already on her phone calling Jared to find out who the OP was so she could reach out. I wonder how many could get that kind of CS without getting an attorney involved?

I am glad I am Entegra owner with that kind of service.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #30
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Pretty much insures you get stonewalled while your attorney talks to their attorneys.
As opposed to what's happening now?

I've seen this before many many times in the marine industry.

A letter from an attorney usually ends up on the owners desk or CEO who probablly isn't aware of any problems.

The next step is the owner/CEO/president/head of all service walks that letter over to whoever is not solving a problem for a customer who spent a crap ton of money.

It won't take years or even months unless the customer is so fed up that they just want their money back and can prove the dealer or factory are responsible for whatever damages they are claiming.

And even at that point I've seen dealers just buy back the unit to make it go away. (but this situation is in't even close to the ones I've seen where a buy back happens)

After six months of being unable to use something I would not be on a forum looking for the name of that person who can help.

I would first send a letter to the owner/CEO/president/etc and everyone in between. If I got no response within a few days my lawyer would certainly become involved.

Sorry, just the way I see it and have seen it happen.

Unfortunately it's the age old "squeaky wheel" saying and sometimes you need a lawyer to start squeaking.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
As opposed to what's happening now?

I've seen this before many many times in the marine industry.

A letter from an attorney usually ends up on the owners desk or CEO who probablly isn't aware of any problems.

The next step is the owner/CEO/president/head of all service walks that letter over to whoever is not solving a problem for a customer who spent a crap ton of money.

It won't take years or even months unless the customer is so fed up that they just want their money back and can prove the dealer or factory are responsible for whatever damages they are claiming.

And even at that point I've seen dealers just buy back the unit to make it go away. (but this situation is in't even close to the ones I've seen where a buy back happens)

After six months of being unable to use something I would not be on a forum looking for the name of that person who can help.

I would first send a letter to the owner/CEO/president/etc and everyone in between. If I got no response within a few days my lawyer would certainly become involved.

Sorry, just the way I see it and have seen it happen.

Unfortunately it's the age old "squeaky wheel" saying and sometimes you need a lawyer to start squeaking.
You can turn it ito a pizzing contest by hiring a lawyer, or you can work with the service people to help them help you. The lawyer should be the option to choose only when normal avenues have failed. I see no evidence here that the OP has gone above Jared in the management chain. The “head of service” is Joyce. I know Joyce, and trust me, she would turn the earth upside down to solve this problem if only she knew about it. It makes a lot more sense to me to get the people involved who can make the difference and get this solved, than to hire a lawyer and pay legal fees. You can always get the big gun lawyer if that fails. Which it won’t.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #32
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Before all the other brand owners get their attorneys involved I showed Joyce this post on my phone. She was already on her phone calling Jared to find out who the OP was so she could reach out. I wonder how many could get that kind of CS without getting an attorney involved?

I am glad I am Entegra owner with that kind of service.
That's good service?

Six months out of commission and someone has to find an internet forum to find someone to show someone a post in order to get some warranty work done in a timely fashion?

Not so sure that's what I'd point to as an example of quality service.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #33
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
You can turn it ito a pizzing contest by hiring a lawyer, or you can work with the service people to help them help you. The lawyer should be the option to choose only when normal avenues have failed. I see no evidence here that the OP has gone above Jared in the management chain. The “head of service” is Joyce. I know Joyce, and trust me, she would turn the earth upside down to solve this problem if only she knew about it. It makes a lot more sense to me to get the people involved who can make the difference and get this solved, than to hire a lawyer and pay legal fees. You can always get the big gun lawyer if that fails. Which it won’t.
But if a customer doesn't know who to contact because their service person is giving them the runaround for six months then maybe it's time to find someone who does know how to get their attention.

Personally I would have done exactly as I outlined if I couldn't get the service person I was dealing with to get me the information I needed.

And as I said I would have started with a letter to whoever owns the dealership or factory. If that got me nowhere then I would take whatever steps were necessary to get my rig back on the highway.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
That's good service?

Six months out of commission and someone has to find an internet forum to find someone to show someone a post in order to get some warranty work done in a timely fashion?

Not so sure that's what I'd point to as an example of quality service.
It is clear that something went wrong here and the service rendered was ineffective. But that does not mean that Entegra does not care or won’t make this right. It only means that the key folks at Entegra were not aware of the failure. Once they are aware, they will do as I have seen them do numerous times. They will own the problem, jump on it, and get it resolved. I have seen them do this time and time again and it is the reason that I hold Entegra in high esteem. They are not perfect, but nobody else is either. What they are is helpful, caring, and dedicated to resolving problems properly. They will resolve this one too if the issue is escalated to the top management in customer service.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #35

Guys I think we are missing something here. Where is his dealer in all of this?? My dealer (NIRVC) would have been all over this and had it fixed months ago, they would have found it or worked it through with Entegra. That is why I bought from them, to keep my coach on the road, and they have. Not making excuses for anyone, this should not happen but I am just saying he needs to get his dealer involved. All JMHO
Old 03-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #36

My name is Steve and I posted the original Cry for Help. I want to thank everybody on this forum for their help. Within 2 hours of posting this I got a call from a service manager and Joyce I feel very positive that this will get resolved in short order.
Did not mean to imply that Jared was not trying. The problem was my tech would talk to entegra engineer they would ask for several tests that we would and report back. then they would say it was a Vega touch issue we wait weeks to talk to Vega touch we do all their test then they say it was a firefly issue then they would request several tests which were done in a timely manner then everybody would go dark. I just think everybody is a little stump / confused over this which I understand. I love my coach and I'm very proud to be a part of the entegra family. I probably should have started complaining louder earlier. I will report back again when the situation is resolved.
entegra sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Guys I think we are missing something here. Where is his dealer in all of this?? My dealer (NIRVC) would have been all over this and had it fixed months ago, they would have found it or worked it through with Entegra. That is why I bought from them, to keep my coach on the road, and they have. Not making excuses for anyone, this should not happen but I am just saying he needs to get his dealer involved. All JMHO
Not every dealer is like NIRVC. There are some (many?) dealers who are little more than sales offices and could not fix a burnt out bulb. Other dealers are understaffed or overtaxed and have months-long waits for service. Others have a bad attitude and don't care about the customer after his check clears. Why do you think there is such a long waiting line to get onto factory service? This is an industry-wide problem and has been this way since I started RVing 15 years ago.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by entegra sw View Post
My name is Steve and I posted the original Cry for Help. I want to thank everybody on this forum for their help. Within 2 hours of posting this I got a call from a service manager and Joyce I feel very positive that this will get resolved in short order.
Did not mean to imply that Jared was not trying. The problem was my tech would talk to entegra engineer they would ask for several tests that we would and report back. then they would say it was a Vega touch issue we wait weeks to talk to Vega touch we do all their test then they say it was a firefly issue then they would request several tests which were done in a timely manner then everybody would go dark. I just think everybody is a little stump / confused over this which I understand. I love my coach and I'm very proud to be a part of the entegra family. I probably should have started complaining louder earlier. I will report back again when the situation is resolved.
Steve, I am glad to see your problem is in the right hands. I predict a good outcome now that you are on this path.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
If I am following this thread correctly.....A big Thank you needs to go out to Chuck(brobox) as I think he is partying with Joyce this week...?

Along with IRV2 for being the middle link......and the OP is on his way to enjoying his new Coach!
Old 03-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Pretty much insures you get stonewalled while your attorney talks to their attorneys.
Agree. Not a good way to get something fixed. Exhaust other routs first. Very last resort.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I have no dog in this fight but if I spent a boatload of bucks on a new Entegra and it spent six months waiting on warranty service I certainly would expect a magic wand to be waved.
It's beyond ridiculous that it has taken this long and is still not resolved. The OP is a lot more patient than I ever would be!
I don't call it a slam. I considered it a reasonable description of what I often see here by people with electrical or electronic problems. They will go to all kinds of lengths to avoid pulling out a meter and checking the wiring. Granted, many may not be familiar with the process. The problem is that that is how good techs do it.
To take it a step further I think the same person who he wanted to talk to the boss of has been praised here for being helpful. That leaves me thinking he is not a clueless dolt. OTOH if you are on one end of a phone line you need data from the other end to figure out what to do. No data = no action. That is where the expectation of a magic solution comes from.

Given what we know so far his transfer switch failed but now his battery is not being charged. It appears to be because something has upset one of the black boxes that the right to repair movement is all about. Off hand I cannot see any other connection because there would not be one in a system without a software controller that did many things in many places via code execution.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post

Bingo.......that’s the question
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty