Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #57

I would again like to thank everyone on the forum for there help and advice.
I wanted to clear up a couple of question's/comments asked from you.
Many of you have commented on where was the dealer in all of this? When my wife and I decided to trade in our 2016 Holiday Rambler and upgrade to a nicer 2017 coach we spend several months going to RV shows, local dealers and researching online and forums like this one. After all that, there was no question we wanted to join the Entegra family. We of course drove right by that Entegra dealer in Tampa Florida (heard way to many horror stories about service in that place LOL) and picked out exactly what we wanted at the next closest dealer in Orlando Florida. Terry Myers was our sales person there she was incredibly knowledgeable and returned our calls day and night could not have been happier with her and her help. I was just about to pull the trigger on the deal when I found this one used. It was exactly what we were going to order only 3 months old and had 2,200 miles on it. I called Entegra and they told me the warrantee was 100% transferable and good until December 2018. This deal with my trade in was about $30,000 cheaper than the best deal Orlando could provide, so we decided that the savings was worth it. So to answer that question no Entegra dealer was involved in the purchase.

Some of you have commented on the service tech that is working on the problem's. It is a local RV dealer hear in Clearwater Florida they have done almost all my RV work for the past 25 years. I have asked Entegra on more than one occasion should I move the coach or could they get a mobile guy out here? and was told that the tech was very sharp and they were referring more work to them. He obviously can not figure it out on his own and needs help. He has been asking for help since the beginning and has come to me over and over again asking for me to intervene and get Entegra to help.

Some one asked if I use a surge protector and I always have.

I have owned fast cars, fancy trucks, boats, airplanes and RV's for most of my adult life so I am no stranger to mechanical issues and the challenges that can come up.I get it there are some problems that make you want to pull your hair out until you can get a handle on them. I don't expect anybody to wave a magic wand as one contributor stated.

As I stated in my previous post that I am very optimistic that this will get resolved in short order now that the right powers to be are on it. I am just new without a dealers advice and slow to figure out the game. I do not want this post to give any potential buyer or current owners any reason to question Entegra's commitment to there customers. its just one of those thing's.

I will be retiring in 1 year 7 months and 12 days LOL. I will be purchasing a new Cornerstone when that happens. This little mishap has not discouraged me from the Entegra name and its reputation, I hope it will not you.
entegra sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Good post.

I might point out that although your tech was authorized by Entegra to do the service, an Entegra dealer would possibly have found your problem without even consulting the factory. Or the dealer may have a closer relationship with Entegra service people that would have helped him get to the bottom of it more easily than could your local RV tech. This is not criticizing your technician, but just pointing out that when hitting a wall on a repair problem, the more familiar your tech is with the coach and the factory, the more likely/quickly the solution will sometimes be found. Just because you didn't buy from an authorized dealer doesn't mean you can't go to them for service. (I realize that some -not all- dealers will make you wait if you didn't buy from them)

I am glad that your feelings about your coach are still positive and like you, hoping/anticipating an expeditious solution to the problem.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Steve, thank you for clearing everything up. It makes a lot more sense when everything is known. You know and trust your service person, perfect. Joyce is now involved and I am sure she is going to put your service person in touch with the right person at Firefly. From my past experience she will stay on top of this until you are satisfied. The worst possible scenario will be a trip to the factory if the problem cannot be resolved in the field. I have been that route and was the best experience I have had.

Marc's suggestion is also right on, but might be hard this time of year in FL. NIRVC in Atlanta might be another option. We are hear to help kick ideas around with experience we have had with our ownership of Entegra's, not other brands. "Attorneys, we don't need no stinkin attorneys"
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #60

Very professional reply Steve. Good luck with the future retirement and current ENTEGRA ownership. They are great coaches—I’m prejudiced to them [emoji41][emoji106]
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW, and I don’t have knowledge of how, but five years ago I lost a transfer switch due to a grounding problem at the post on an Anthem. Yes I had a Progressive Ind full up protection. And the post problem was on one of those pretty white upscale posts you see in a lot of the class A resorts. Power company said the posts were “junk”. Just a report and “feces” happens even when supposedly protected. And Entegra warranted the repairs then as now.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #62

I'm glad to report that my RV has been repaired. Joyce sent a engineer from Indiana and a local engineer that works with the transfer switch manufacturer.
They and the local technician spent the better part of a day last week going through everything, it turns out it was a board in the transfer switch and one of the replacement wires. They changed the board out, put the old wire on and everything appears to be working just fine. I again want to thank everybody on this forum for their help and advice, I also want to thank entegra for putting this problem behind us.
entegra sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #63

Steve

Thanks for the follow-up. Not surprising! I had some serious annoying problems with my coach the first year and Entegra dealt with it all, and offered some options to me to deal with the problem that I would never have anticipated and were “beyond the normal”, so that effort is the primary reason that I am comfortable buying a new, more expensive coach from the same manufacturer. I am a reasonably quick learner and I would have learned to go elsewhere for another coach except for their effort.

Appreciate the follow-up on your status.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #64

I admire your patience and am glad you got it fixed.
Craig1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty