Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
We own at Stoneridge Golf Resort as do three other Entegra owners (two of whom are regular irv2 posters). HOA/upkeep fees are $460/quarter. Resort runs the rental pool when we're not here or we can rent it ourselves. Good golf course with reasonable rates. Pool and clubhouse for RV owners. North Idaho climate. Its a perfect spot if you want to be in the great north woods. Would I buy it again...Yes.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you're destined to live in an ownership RV Park, it's recommended to purchase and own a few units that you can rent out the other sites, to cover your own site's HOA expenses.

If you must get involved with one of these properties, it's better to be at the top of the food chain, as opposed to being just a single site owner.

In my opinion, the HOA expenses are terribly mis-managed and predatory at virtually every property I have ever looked at.
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #17
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
1) Where: Naples Motorcoach Resort, Naples FL

2) Why:

Knew that we wanted a "for sure warm every winter" location to spend winters and south FL fit that bill. We're soon to be full timers and plan to winter here and travel the rest of the year. Want to go awhile without sticks/bricks.

Fell in love with Naples/Marco Island area, a real city environment for the DW and wonderful outdoor environment - Gulf, Beaches, 10,000-Islands, Everglades, Birding, etc... Will be a fine area to rest when we reach the point where we can't travel travel in our motorcoach.

Naples area becoming very high demand location for top quality RV sites in season - becoming challenging to reserve and high cost if renting; recent rough winters up north pushing snowbirds further south;

Resort located between Naples and Marco Island;

NMR is very well managed by a property owner/developer I trust;

We could get a base lot in a top level resort with well developed facilities/infrastructure and build it out like we wanted;

Large/newer Class-A and Super-C only resort - no possibility of trailers or park models;

Resort has water access to Rookery Bay via Henderson's Creek - from there easy out to Marco, Gulf, Naples, 10,000 Islands via boat. Boat storage on-site;

Very friendly folks around to spend the winter with and lots of nice social activity by the resort;

If choose to winter somewhere else the high rents and packed resort in-season would cover our stays elsewhere plus our ownership costs for the year;

3) Likes and dislikes? (see above and below)

4) Are you glad you did? Sure, at this time, but really too soon to tell - just bought in February this year, building out the lot now. Can't wait to get back there!
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #18

Seems like two kinds of posts so far...nonowners who hate the idea and owners that are happy with their experience. What a wonderful happy bunch Entegra owners are! We are owners at Stoneridge and are happy happy happy.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a lot and carriage house at Florida Grand Motor Coach Resort in Webster Florida. A beautiful resort in central Florida. We wanted a home base for the winter. Check out their website.
Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #20

We have a lot Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort. Is it an investment? Maybe, maybe not. That is not why we got it.
First, why a lot at all? We full time and travel extensively but wanted a place to consolidate all our health care. In addition if anything happened to either of us that would prevent travel for some time we have a place to stay as long as needed. Rental pays for part of the expense and when we stay on site there is a certain amount of savings in that we're not paying a rental fee to someone else. That combined doesn't cover everything but for us it's worth the security value.
Why Hilton Head Motor Coach Resort. Hilton head is a wonderful place in general. The resort is set back into the pine forests, lots very in size and privacy though none are side by side as in most campgrounds. Bike trails on the island are some of the best and most extensive we have run across. You can spend week there and never start your car. The beach is about a mile from the resort and most people just ride there bikes.
I'm not sure lot ownership makes good financial sense but for us it makes good life style sense. But then again, owning a motorhome makes no financial sense whatever.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I posted this question on the MH-General Discussion thread ... got a few responses, but not many. I know a lot of Entegra owners do own a RV lot - so maybe I'll get more responses here!

If you own an RV lot:

1) Where - Lake Osprey, Elberta, Alabama

2) Why - We always visit the Gulf Shores area more than anywhere else

3) Likes and dislikes? A lot of likes and no dislikes yet

4) Are you glad you did?
Yes
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:19 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
We just ended a week at a place which severely tempted me.

Question to the crowd: Has anyone sold one of these lots and not taken a loss?
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:26 AM   #23
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
We just ended a week at a place which severely tempted me.

Question to the crowd: Has anyone sold one of these lots and not taken a loss?

That would depend on economic factors as in other real estate. I bought mine in 02 and sold in 13 for more than double what I paid for it but less then I would have gotten in 06.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #24

Looks like a great thread... and also contemplating about purchasing a lot. Subscribed!
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Several thoughts and our view of the questions:

1) Where
a. Stone Ridge RV Resort - Idaho
b. Las vegas Motorcoach Resort
2) Why - RV park costs only seem to get higher and higher plus where we want to be in Summer and Winter is very expensive to rent. We are retired military, and have access to some military parks in some nice Winter places, but they and the other rentals we camped in didn't have the feeling of community we were looking for.
a. Great Summer weather, great golf, great community (lots of small town, country things to do)
b. Reasonable Winter weather, lots of city things to do (symphony, jazz, etc etc). Tie to military and VA health care services.
3) Likes and dislikes? Se above, Stone Ridge HOA is very reasonable as is LVMC (for what you get, but about three times as much). Taxes very low (400 in Idaho and 850 in Vegas0
4) Are you glad you did? Absolutely.

We had planned to wait for 3-4 years before buying, but we found places we like and made sense. My issue is...Summer is simply not the best time of the year to visit the places we want to see....too many tourists, foreigners, traffic, and kids. So we go to these places during the should seasons. Keep in mind, we are full timers. having a build out at both locations gives us the flexibility to store some stuff when we don't need it in the coach. It also gives us an anchor, with little of the S&B overhead.

My recommendation is to visit several in different areas in the country and talk to folks living there. And don't jump immediately. While some of these places may have some long term investment potential, there is always a 2008 just around the corner and then ownership becomes your second depreciating asset. Last, If something happens to me (or DW), or we want to travel less, we now have a Summer and Winter home that we could spend as much as 6 months at each during the year.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #26

Another non lot owner here but we have looked extensively. The Great Outdoors in Titusville, Fl. was the closest we came to purchasing. We liked the idea of their rental pool system where every lot owner in the pool received an equal share of rental irregardless if your lot rented or not. We felt that took any potential for office rental favoritism, site location etc out of the equation.
However even with that system it was not possible to cover the total yearly fees of ownership not to mention make a return on cost of the lot.
Also for us at least we do not at this time want to be locked in to going to the same resort/park or necessarily the same end of the country. That's why we're on wheels

Just our thoughts !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:15 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you like to fish, ORA at Chokoloskee, Fl 34138
They have water lots, lake lots and land lots.
The water lots and lake lots have boat docks
Some land lots have docks at the marina
The best fishing place in the world
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #28

What is the advantage for you to buy a lot? Sorry, I may not see it clearly now, may be later, please educate me... if you could travel everywhere and pay the nightly camping fee where ever you may want to be, would that be the purpose of having an RV?

For me, I will have a home base, thought that having a vacation home would be nice, but then vacation home is only "one place", with the RV, anywhere could be my vacation home. Pay as I go. Granted I may not have the advantage of "property appreciation", but... in 10, 15 or 20 years from now, does it really matter when I will be 6 feet under ground?
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase