Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 AM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We have been seasonal travelers (summer) for the past 15 years. After the last 3 year of traveling and having to make reservation so far in advance to go where you want to go and finding stops along the way, lot ownership is going to become more of a necessity. Or a good set of batteries as parking lot over niighters are becoming "the only place left".

We stayed at Hearthside this summer for 2 week. In order to be able to stay 2 weeks we had to move 3 times. I did not call 6 months in advance and had to pay the price.
I agree ... we make reservations way in advance now for places we really want to stay that are more of a high end or popular park. In 2016, if I hadn't made reservations at a lot of the nice parks near popular attractions, we wouldn't have had a place. I'm already making reservations for next summer. I've booked Ouray, Co and Moab, UT already. Waiting on the reservation for the Entegra Summerfest in Spearfish, SD before booking that one.

If you have a location you absolutely love, and the price is right for the lot - then you may be better off buying one and renting it out when you aren't there. Will you "make money" on it .... probably not, but you will have a piece of paradise that you can always go to! As we age, I have found it isn't about "making money" anymore, just enjoying what you have and having enough $ to keep you comfortable. If we run out, guess I can always say "Welcome to Walmart"!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #72

We really like Hilton Head and would certainly consider buying in the RV park there. However, that being said, there are quite a few lots for sale in there right now. I'm not sure if that is an indication of anything, but I was more than a bit surprised to see that.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We really like Hilton Head and would certainly consider buying in the RV park there. However, that being said, there are quite a few lots for sale in there right now. I'm not sure if that is an indication of anything, but I was more than a bit surprised to see that.
Ed, just what I was told this summer. We stayed in a couple of ownership parks this year and asked questions. The owners have a term called "aged out" It seems like there is a turn over about every 7 years as people age out from RV traveling and sell there lots.

The last park we were in, they had 42 resales this season and the season was coming to and end for that park. They were very pleased with that number.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ed, just what I was told this summer. We stayed in a couple of ownership parks this year and asked questions. The owners have a term called "aged out" It seems like there is a turn over about every 7 years as people age out from RV traveling and sell there lots.

The last park we were in, they had 42 resales this season and the season was coming to and end for that park. They were very pleased with that number.

Chuck, that makes a lot of sense. I remember from the couple of times we have stayed in that park on Hilton Head that a lot of the folks there were on the high side of the senior scale, not that I'm a youngster by any stretch of the imagination. It would make sense that there would be turnover of lots as folks no longer have a need or the ability to use their lots.

My interest in lot ownership is related to a thread I started a while back about the lack of campground space as more and more people have gotten into RVing. I think we are going to see shortages of spaces, increased costs, or more restrictive campground/resort rules, or all three. Ownership may be one of the only ways we'll be able to park and enjoy our rigs.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #75

We've also noticed the decrease in availability of spots for 45 footers over the last few years. 10 years ago we didn't worry about an overnight spot, now we call ahead. We too will start making reservations soon for next year, it's become a requirement if you want the good spots or are traveling with others, some of the ability to wander aimlessly is gone, but it still can be done. Barring an economic meltdown, the growth will probably continue, we've spoken to many folks out on the road who's retirement plans at one time included a lot of foreign travel, now the hassle with air travel and the instability in so many travel destinations have them staying home and touring the USA.

We chose lot ownership in Michigan because it gave us another base of travel away from our native Colorado. We agree with those that have said that it's a lifestyle choice rather than an investment, the "ageing out" factor usually insures that there are plenty of lots on the market, and many of the parks (Port Saint Lucie, Hearthside) have expansion plans which will open more lots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PetoskeyBungalow.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	180355  
cinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinitall View Post
We've also noticed the decrease in availability of spots for 45 footers over the last few years. 10 years ago we didn't worry about an overnight spot, now we call ahead. We too will start making reservations soon for next year, it's become a requirement if you want the good spots or are traveling with others, some of the ability to wander aimlessly is gone, but it still can be done. Barring an economic meltdown, the growth will probably continue, we've spoken to many folks out on the road who's retirement plans at one time included a lot of foreign travel, now the hassle with air travel and the instability in so many travel destinations have them staying home and touring the USA.

We chose lot ownership in Michigan because it gave us another base of travel away from our native Colorado. We agree with those that have said that it's a lifestyle choice rather than an investment, the "ageing out" factor usually insures that there are plenty of lots on the market, and many of the parks (Port Saint Lucie, Hearthside) have expansion plans which will open more lots.

That is beautiful! Where is it? Hearth side?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
That is beautiful! Where is it? Hearth side?
Thanks and yes it's in Hearthside, also Kudos to your lot in Bella Terra, we've stayed there many times and love the area, in fact your lot looks very familiar, if it's in the rental pool we may have been on it before.
cinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #78

Rv lot owners = ok and less stress

Hi , I purchased a lot at traverse bay Rv resort in Michigan and a lakefront lot in cedarville Michigan two years ago. We stay the two peak months July and August in cedarville Rv park and stay in may/ June then sep/ 0ct in tvc. The rent has approximately covered the Assoc fees and taxes for the traverse bay lot and it has appreciated in value. The upper peninsula lot is holding it's value and costs are low so I do not rent it as we use it a lot. The big advantage is going to or from my lots without reservations beyond advising lot manager when not to rent . As more lots sell and are improved , fewer are available for rent in these two locations.
Dean757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:03 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a lot at Rancho California RV Resort in Aguanga, CA. 15 miles SE of Temecula in Southern California. 14 hole golf course, several pools (5 maybe), pickle ball and tennis courts, many water features, palm trees, and a soon to be opened cafe and store. WiFi at your rig is extra but excellent. https://www.ranchorvresort.com
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
We bought a lot at Rancho California RV Resort in Aguanga, CA. 15 miles SE of Temecula in Southern California. 14 hole golf course, several pools (5 maybe), pickle ball and tennis courts, many water features, palm trees, and a soon to be opened cafe and store. WiFi at your rig is extra but excellent. https://www.ranchorvresort.com
Just watched the video there .. looks great! Congratulations!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
We are renting a spot there in Feb, will arrive Feb 1.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #82

14 hole golf. Maybe I could finally break 90
rfox54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfox54 View Post
14 hole golf. Maybe I could finally break 90
Come on down to Port St. Lucie. For now we only have 14 plus they're spread around various ponds so you can only play 3-4 easily!!

New management is adding the final 4 though so that excuse will be harder to use - oh wait - they're all par 3's.....
Old 11-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
Come on up to Stoneridge (better wait 'til summer). Golf course and everything else is finished and operating. Lots of rentals and a few for sale.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase